• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 2 Chelsea FC 2 (Liverpool wins 5-4 Pens)

A good performance if a disappointing result .

Nice to see the curse continues . Not .

1 minute ago, kev61 said:

To hell with the Super cup we were the better team and that means more to me - we looked balanced,co-ordinated and above all had desire no negatives from me apart from losing the game.

Yeah definitely. The whole performance was much better and I hope we stick with the 4-3-3 going forward, especially against the bigger sides.
I know it wasn't particularly helpful having to play 120 minutes midweek in Istanbul in those conditions, but it did give some minutes to some players who might not otherwise have got them for a while. Tomori in particular comes to mind.

Looking forward to Sunday. Let's hope we can kick on!

Jorge wasnt perfect but I thought it was far better than many games I witnessed last season. In fact I wouldnt critise any player tonight. Well done chaps. This trophy is a mere bagatel.

6 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Shame but feel so much better after what happened on Sunday. Not the rout some were expecting, including me.

Quite right Jane. Some were predicting 6-0 to Liverpool!!! 

chelboy   

Anyway put in a good effort. In all honesty 433 suits us better. We are more fluid and it is harder for them to get behind the midfield which was the biggest problem on Sunday. Kante is a machine. Felt our game kinda faded after Pulisic came off. What really impressed me was the defence. Zouma was much better today. Probably the best defender. Improvement from Pedro but pretty much the same issues for Azpi. Like someone else said we should be thinking of trying Zappa. 

Bison   
4 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

**** that, James over Zappa all day long. He shouldn’t be too far off. 

😂😂😂 I take it this is a joke right? 

I wish.

Can't run, leaves massive gaps behind him offering no protection to the CBs, easily played around...I can go on.

1 minute ago, chelboy said:

Anyway put in a good effort. In all honesty 433 suits us better. We are more fluid and it is harder for them to get behind the midfield which was the biggest problem on Sunday. Kante is a machine. Felt our game kinda faded after Pulisic came off. What really impressed me was the defence. Zouma was much better today. Probably the best defender. Improvement from Pedro but pretty much the same issues for Azpi. Like someone else said we should be thinking of trying Zappa. 

James for me all day long. Zappa is at best an average RB with little prospect of improving over time. James potential is sky high, probably the best youngster we have on our books. 

I fully expect him to play at least 30% of the available PL and CL minutes this season. 

Shame. 

Again, the positives are there to see, so hopefully we can get a win on the board at the weekend and start taking chances when they come.

BlueFizz   

Really pleased with that performance, given Sunday.

We showed courage, organisation and flair. Not disappointed with anyone. We just need Tammy, Mason and Pusilic to ‘harden’ up : not bulk up, but learn the way physicality works at this level. I think they’ll get it quickly.

Almost take more satisfaction from tonight that from the EL win that got us here. Felt connected and that had faded for me.

Come on you blues!

• Like 2