• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Liverpool 2 Chelsea FC 2 (Liverpool wins 5-4 Pens)

On 05/08/2019 at 6:07 PM, blue moon said:

^ You haven't met my boss

Or my ex... Yikes. 

On 11/08/2019 at 8:02 PM, Conte Kante said:

5 or 6 nil to Liverpool. 

Yawn. 

As as for the line-up I’m thinking we’ll see;

Kepa, Azpilicueta, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson; Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Mount, Pulisic; Giroud

Subs: Caballero, Alonso, Tomori, Kante, Willian, Barkley, Abraham

Bats, Zappa and Baka missing out. 

24 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

How often in 2014/15 or 2016/17 did we win a game after conceding two shots against our woodwork in one half, whilst being dominated by a team in transition?

counter attack, low block football, yes. but not to the point where the oppo could have scored 2 or 3 in one half. 

I think you are deceiving yourself about what happened on Sunday.  At best it could have been 2-2 in H1 with the best chance being the one Zouma gave away.  
If we really were that good, why is it we made so little impression H2?

whilst being dominated by a team in transition?
Was that a pun?  :)   did you really mean we were dominated by a team that transitions.

Man U btw are also a team in transition.

2 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Bats, Zappa and Baka missing out. 

Yes, none of these on the bench on Sunday.  Sounds to me like Chelsea are looking to shift all three, or perhaps any 2 of.
That would fit with the Luiz sale, who has equally limited long term prospects but would at least have played this season.  Of course we got a decent enough bid for Luiz.  

I think Frank will go with Tammy again , he'll want to keep his confidence up , same with Zouma  and to a degree challenge them to rise to the occasion after Sunday's disappointments for everyone.

BlueFizz   
3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I think Frank will go with Tammy again , he'll want to keep his confidence up , same with Zouma  and to a degree challenge them to rise to the occasion after Sunday's disappointments for everyone.

Agree. 

Does anyone give a fig about this?

Extra training game as far as I am concerned.

Despite Frank talking it up.

2 minutes ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree. 

Well, it is against "them" so probably , yes !

2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree. 

Absolutely! Every game against Liverpool matters! 

JaneB   
2 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree. 

It would be nice to think of it as an extra training game but of course it isn't.  We will be hoping that somehow we can bounce back after Sunday's result and the media will be licking their lips in anticipation of Liverpool thumping us with words like 'crisis' and 'disastrous start' being bandied about.

Personally I'm much more concerned about next Sunday's result which matters more.

Always unbearable losing to Liverpool but unfortunately will just have to bear it (if it happens). 

chara   
22 minutes ago, JaneB said:

It would be nice to think of it as an extra training game but of course it isn't.  We will be hoping that somehow we can bounce back after Sunday's result and the media will be licking their lips in anticipation of Liverpool thumping us with words like 'crisis' and 'disastrous start' being bandied about.

Personally I'm much more concerned about next Sunday's result which matters more.

Always unbearable losing to Liverpool but unfortunately will just have to bear it (if it happens). 

This

28 minutes ago, JaneB said:

“ the media will be licking their lips in anticipation of Liverpool thumping us with words like 'crisis' and 'disastrous start' being bandied about .... Always unbearable losing to Liverpool but unfortunately will just have to bear it (if it happens). “

Yeh, but come on, Jane, beating the Scousers gives such divine pleasure. Dashing that cup from Kloppo’s lips would make my week after the disappointment of last Sunday.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, BlueFizz said:

Agree. 

Couldn’t give a ****, apart from getting embarrassed.