• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JaneB

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR ANYONE TRYING TO JOIN CFCnet

JaneB   

We are aware that for quite sometime there has been a problem for anyone trying to sign up to our forum.

Our Administrator has been trying very hard to resolve this problem with the latest owners of the site but with little success so far.

It would seem that certain software needs updating which we are unable to do without their input.  This is very frustrating for us all, especially when we see so many guests browsing the forum and then some trying in vain to sign up.

It certainly isn't that we don't want new members, we absolutely do!!!  Especially with the new season coming up and SFL back as our manager.

We will continue to do all we can to resolve the issue.  In the meantime, please keep browsing the forum and hopefully you will be able to contribute yourselves in due course.

Sincere apologies and thanks for reading.

JaneB   

UPDATE:-

It would appear that finally the problem is solved!!!  

Please start registering asap and welcome!!!

:-)))))))))

2 hours ago, JaneB said:

UPDATE:-

It would appear that finally the problem is solved!!!  

Please start registering asap and welcome!!!

:-)))))))))

Brilliant news Jane and Mike , well done both (possibly Toby too ?)

C'mon people , get joining up to the very best Chelsea related forum on the internet !!!

JaneB   

ANOTHER UPDATE:-

Profuse apologies to everyone, especially Michael and those still trying to register on the site.  It seems I jumped the gun.

One new member did manage to register yesterday and I noticed that the format of the signing up page had changed slightly with no 'security' box which was the thing that had apparently been stopping anyone joining because it always came back with 'you have failed to pass security' or words to that effect.

Anyway, I naturally thought the problem had been solved and got rather over-excited.  Unfortunately no one else has managed to register since so I am at an absolute loss to know what is going on.  It just doesn't make any sense.

Sorry again, back to the drawing board :-(

Brilliant news , well done admin/Mike , welcome everyone.

Posting this message from Jack, in the hope that it'll help anyone attempting to join:

Hi guys,

I’ve been checking these forums on/off since 06 or so, rarely posting myself but enjoying the insights you all have to our club and the game itself. - oh and also the petty arguments are amusing sometimes :) 

anyway, I saw the issue with registration and gave it a go myself to see if I could register a new account. Voila :)

basically this is silly but what seems to work is as follows:

upon registration when you are notified that an email confirmation has been sent to your mail, it seems nothing is sent most of the time. But on that page you can select change email address. Press it, change it to another mail of yours or a bogus mail. Afterwards a new mail is sent to this email that you may or may not have. Keep doing this while changing your email back to your original email until finally a confirmation mail DOES arrive. - after that you’re in :)

took me 3 changes to actually receive the mail.

Being stubborn is the key is seems.

anyway, hope it helps as a quick fix for now. 

Cheers,

Jack