• Current Donation Goals

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

This is clearly a joke. 

Edit - if not, I would be interested to hear what has happend to make you think there will be a 32 point swing between the two Manchester clubs

Solid gain in all lines, +10 points for each line )

1.Defense -  Harry Maguire and Bissaka

2.Midfield - Bruno Fernandes, 54Games  32goals + 18 assists last season

3.Strikers  - perhaps Dybala instead of disabled Lukaku

Best Goalkeeper in the league and stable coach, which was not last season.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Bloody Hell - a new poster - signed up 20 hours ago.
Welcome mate
I feel like Robinson Crusoe when Man Friday walks in  :)

image.thumb.png.1abcff3b896fcde341ad4ec4b256e505.png

And well done MT or Jane or Toby or all involved in sorting out the new user dialog.

(Steve - you may not know this but we have had problems for 6 months with new members signing up.  But the floodgates are open up now - well done).

Alternative sites look more updated, on a better engine and design, I think this is the main problem with new members of this site.

https://www.talkchelsea.net/

https://www.theshedend.com

1 minute ago, steve.crowford said:

Alternative sites look more updated, on a better engine and design, I think this is the main problem with new members of this site.

https://www.talkchelsea.net/

https://www.theshedend.com

I'm sure they are more updated.  But the problem here was a specific problem with the login page which blocked new signups for a few months.
I think you'll find the existing members here more interesting though.

JaneB   
27 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I'm sure they are more updated.  But the problem here was a specific problem with the login page which blocked new signups for a few months.
I think you'll find the existing members here more interesting though.

Definitely more interesting 👍🏻🤗

(And we might be smaller, but we're more intimate and friendly💙)

Edited by JaneB

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, steve.crowford said:

Solid gain in all lines, +10 points for each line )

1.Defense -  Harry Maguire and Bissaka

2.Midfield - Bruno Fernandes, 54Games  32goals + 18 assists last season

3.Strikers  - perhaps Dybala instead of disabled Lukaku

Best Goalkeeper in the league and stable coach, which was not last season.

Well, for a start adding +10 points for each line widly optomistic, moreover:

1. Maguire currently plays for Leicester. Even if he does join, he is nothing more than a good PL centre back. VvD or JT mark II he isn't.

2. Bruno Fernandes plays for Sporting Lisbon. Even if he does join, I presume 13 league goal Paul Pogba will leave. I imagine Bruno will find it tougher achieving those numbers in the PL too.

3. Dybala plays for Juventus. Lukaku might not be great but how many extra goals do you think Dybala would score? 

Last year they were coached by a man who was won titles in Protgual, Spain, Italy, and most importantly, England. OGS has won 2 titles in Norway, the latest being in 2012. The coach is definitely a significant weaker point over last season. After the honeymoon period for OGS ran out, they were awful. 

15 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Well, for a start adding +10 points for each line widly optomistic, moreover:

1. Maguire currently plays for Leicester. Even if he does join, he is nothing more than a good PL centre back. VvD or JT mark II he isn't.

2. Bruno Fernandes plays for Sporting Lisbon. Even if he does join, I presume 13 league goal Paul Pogba will leave. I imagine Bruno will find it tougher achieving those numbers in the PL too.

3. Dybala plays for Juventus. Lukaku might not be great but how many extra goals do you think Dybala would score? 

Last year they were coached by a man who was won titles in Protgual, Spain, Italy, and most importantly, England. OGS has won 2 titles in Norway, the latest being in 2012. The coach is definitely a significant weaker point over last season. After the honeymoon period for OGS ran out, they were awful. 

Case is not in the names, I mean United will get highest class player into each line, if it not be a Maguire, so it be Umtiti, etc.
Well, the main reason, as always in money, is the richest club in the league and in 3 in the world

https://sportsshow.net/richest-football-clubs/

Man U 1st is a brave call.
I think Bissaka offers some real fighting attitude which is precisely what Man U need to rub off on others.  Great choice.  Lukaku on the other hand has probably been their best buy in years ( albeit that is a back handed compliment).  If Juve want to swap Lukaku for Dybala, I reckon Juve will get the best out of that.
JM was a great manager for teams trying to finish 1st, poor for teams not much bothered.  I'm not sure OGS suits any type of team.

About a week to go and only Bissaka is done.  Is everyone banned this summer?

1 minute ago, steve.crowford said:

Case is not in the names, I mean United will get highest class player into each line, if it not be a Maguire, so it be Umtiti, etc.
Well, the main reason, as always in money, is the richest club in the league and in 3 in the world

https://sportsshow.net/richest-football-clubs/

Certainly all that money ought to bring something better than last season, and in 17/18 it at least showed a lot of promise.

Edited by Droy was my hero

1st. City

2nd. Spurs

3rd. Liverpool 

4th. Man Utd

5th. Chelsea 

6th. Arsenal 

7th. Everton

FA Cup: Chelsea 

League Cup: City

Champions League:  Barcelona 

Relegated: Brighton, Aston Villa, Newcastle. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Perfect timing for this years seasons predictions.

VAR is going to make it easier to score random goals and lead to more random results.  All the top 6 will find it harder to get 3 points than before, so generally lower point scoring (at least back to levels of 3 or 4 years ago)

PL Winner: ManCity  90 points
2nd: Spurs        80
3rd: Liverpool  78
4th: Arsenal   68
5th: ManU      64
6th: Chelsea      62
7th: Wolves       60

CL winner:  City

FA Cup winner:   Arsenal

League Cup winner: Chelsea

PL top scorer:   Jesus
Relegated: Brighton, Southampton, Villa

:)  I'm already laughing at the explanations how this could be allowed to happen.  I guess Sarri has to be sacked in September or the board tell him what to do at every stage.  Perhaps he has hired RdM as his assistant.

Much as I love JT, I'm struggling to see how the top two teams from last years championship with 94 and 89 points can go down while Villa, 5th on 76 points, stay up.

Any team with Ronaldo have a very good chance of winning the CL.

• Like 1

xCELERYx   

PL Winner: Man City
2nd: Liverpool
3rd: Tottenham
4th: Arsenal
5th: Man Utd
6th: Wolves
7th: Chelsea

CL winner: Liverpool

FA Cup winner: Man City

League Cup winner: Man City