• Current Donation Goals

Ham   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

You don't think our first new customer for years is a secret Manc do you ?

Isn't the word "Manc" racist?

Careful now Mark.

47 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

right, so they are going to come first because of Maguire, Fernandes, and Dybala, but if they don't buy those three players, they will come first becasue they will buy 3 other players?

If you genuinely believe what you are saying (and I'm still not sure you do) then Betfair are currently offering 40/1 

So you do not agree that having not a bad team and not limited financial resources,  making three 80mln transfer win the league?

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

Isn't the word "Manc" racist?

Careful now Mark.

Uh oh , life ban incoming .

8 minutes ago, steve.crowford said:

So you do not agree that having not a bad team and not limited financial resources,  making three 80mln transfer win the league?

I can't speak for Paul, but I imagine he feels similar to me when I say... no, no I don't agree.

Man Utd's team is 'not bad' but it's not exactly great either. They did well to finish 6th last season. They need a lot more than Maguire and AWB, even Dybala won't be enough to win this club the league IMO.

Edited by My Blood Is Blue

paulw66   
25 minutes ago, steve.crowford said:

Correct.

Manchester United will not win the PL this season. 

They have an ordinary team, with an ordinary coach. Spending £80m on players like Maguire, who is worth half that at best, will not bring home the PL trophy. 

Edit - look at this way, even if United sign Maguire, Fernandes and Dybala, their team and squad is still miles away from City. 

Edited by paulw66

paulw66   
27 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I can't speak for Paul, but I imagine he feels similar to me when I say... no, no I don't agree.

Man Utd's team is 'not bad' but it's not exactly great either. They did well to finish 6th last season. They need a lot more than Maguire and AWB, even Dybala won't be enough to win this club the league IMO.

Maguire and AWB wouldn't get in City's team, so how does that equate to gaining 32 points on them? Madness. 

Edit - not sure Dybala would either TBH 

Edited by paulw66

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Maguire and AWB wouldn't get in City's team, so how does that equate to gaining 32 points on them? Madness. 

Edit - not sure Dybala would either TBH 

Quite, Maguire and AWB are improvements for that Man Utd team, but as you say they wouldn't get into City's team and probably not Liverpool's either (maybe Maguire would). Just because a club has hundreds of millions to spend, doesn't mean they'll spend it well.

I'm torn on Dybala at the moment, interested to see how he would do in the PL... I'm not sure he'll do as well as some expect.

I agree with Paulw66 that Maguire is not world class defender, but price is world class! Why? It's English passport... And here we come to the problem of English football in general ) Players have too high salaries compared to other league, 

If player does not live up to expectations , then selling it to another championship is a real problem considering his salary...  Do you understand what I mean?  the championship level falls because of this, and such as Italy league win ...

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Is everyone banned this summer?

If you count Pulisic as a summer signing then we are something like 5th highest spenders despite being under a ban