• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 4 Chelsea 0

BlueFizz   

I think we'll start as below. Emphasis on 'start' as I think we'll see Giroud for Abrahams at some point and also don't expect Kante to play through the full 90+ minutes.

Kepa

Azpi Luis Christensen (or Zouma) Emerson

Jorginho Kante

Pedro Barkley Pusilic

Abrahams

bert19   

I think we're going to win.  Not quite sure why I've been so convinced of this since the fixture list was released, but I really have been.  

Hoping I'm right!

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Kepa

Azpi Luiz Christensen Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Pedro Barkley Pulisic

Giroud

Subs: Willy, Zouma, Alonso, Kante, Mount, Willian, Tammy

Probably this.  Rudiger and Kante will make this a less weak team in a few weeks, but there is no further upside other than numbers to come.
It could be that Man U are less prepared for this season than us.  Lets hope so.

6 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Probably this.  Rudiger and Kante will make this a less weak team in a few weeks, but there is no further upside other than numbers to come.
It could be that Man U are less prepared for this season than us.  Lets hope so.

I'd argue RLC and CHO to come back at some stage are also upsides. Plus getting Willian back to full fitness.

11 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I'd argue RLC and CHO to come back at some stage are also upsides. Plus getting Willian back to full fitness.

Better than Barkley* and Pulisic?  Better than Pedro.  I don't see that.  Comparable alternatives for 2 game a week football yes.

*Barkley vs RLC depends on context a lot.  Under Sarri, Barkley hanging on to the ball but RLC's willingness to move it on first time if he had nothing better planned, meant RLC was much more effective.  Under SFL that disappears.

2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Better than Barkley* and Pulisic?  Better than Pedro.  I don't see that.  Comparable alternatives for 2 game a week football yes.

*Barkley vs RLC depends on context a lot.  Under Sarri, Barkley hanging on to the ball but RLC's willingness to move it on first time if he had nothing better planned, meant RLC was much more effective.  Under SFL that disappears.

I think you're doing RLC a bit of a disservice there, he's proven he can finish, he can drive forward with the ball. RLC is different to Pedro and Pulisic, so wouldn't compare them like for like personally.

CHO coming back is an upside, he offers us something different to the other AM/Wingers we have.

Reece James is to come back too, but obviously, we have no idea what impact that will have on the team, if any. I would expect the only impact it will have is to give Azpi a break when needed.

10 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

I think you're doing RLC a bit of a disservice there, he's proven he can finish, he can drive forward with the ball. RLC is different to Pedro and Pulisic, so wouldn't compare them like for like personally.

CHO coming back is an upside, he offers us something different to the other AM/Wingers we have.

Reece James is to come back too, but obviously, we have no idea what impact that will have on the team, if any. I would expect the only impact it will have is to give Azpi a break when needed.

We are still talking about players who wouldn't be considered at Liverpool or City (at least not yet). Rudiger and Kante are significant upgrades on the likely team this weekend.  Nobody else makes much difference except in terms of depth.

9 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

We are still talking about players who wouldn't be considered at Liverpool or City (at least not yet). Rudiger and Kante are significant upgrades on the likely team this weekend.  Nobody else makes much difference except in terms of depth.

Last season in all comps, Barkley made 48 appearances and scored 5 goals and RLC made 40 appearances and scored 10 goals, that's a decent upgrade based on last seasons performances I would say.

Anyway, let's agree to disagree as I'm not claiming we've got a bunch of massive game-changers coming back, but I do think RLC and CHO coming back into the squad will provide a boost.

paulw66   
1 hour ago, BlueFizz said:

I think we'll start as below. Emphasis on 'start' as I think we'll see Giroud for Abrahams at some point and also don't expect Kante to play through the full 90+ minutes.

Kepa

Azpi Luis Christensen (or Zouma) Emerson

Jorginho Kante

Pedro Barkley Pusilic

Abrahams

Point of pedantry.....it is Abraham. 

ManU has so many troubles and unbalanced squad, playing 4-2-3-1 formation they have 7 central defenders and only 2 more or less playing midfielders Nemanja Matic,  Paul Pogba. I’m silent about the attack  ) No Lukaku, useless Sanchez... Terrible management, terrible

https://www.transfermarkt.com.ua/manchester-united/startseite/verein/985/saison_id/2019

We must get 3 points

Edited by steve.crowford