• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 4 Chelsea 0

35 minutes ago, steve.crowford said:

ManU has so many troubles and unbalanced squad, playing 4-2-3-1 formation they have 7 central defenders and only 2 more or less playing midfielders Nemanja Matic,  Paul Pogba.

Doesn't that make 9 CBs  :)  And what about McTominay - 10.

54 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Doesn't that make 9 CBs  :)  And what about McTominay - 10.

Mediocre player, to say that he is a young talent - is not, 22 already + - average age ) for big matches too raw, will play addict Fred instead him.

If it weren’t English passport, he wouldn’t be kept in a big club

54 minutes ago, steve.crowford said:

Mediocre player, to say that he is a young talent - is not, 22 already + - average age ) for big matches too raw, will play addict Fred instead him.

If it weren’t English passport, he wouldn’t be kept in a big club

100% true, but every time he comes on alongside Matic, he looks 10 times better.

PVP   
15 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

100% true, but every time he comes on alongside Matic, he looks 10 times better.

Yawn

1 minute ago, Michael Tucker said:

Even with it being played at OT, I think that  we'll get the points. There, I've said it.......:).

I've been thinking the same, but not wanting to say it in case I jinxed it... now I can blame you if we lose! 😉

My guess....and it's only a guess, obviously:

Kepa

Azpilicueta

Christensen

Zouma

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante (assuming that he's fit enough)

Barkley

Mount

Pedro

Giroud

Another assumption is that Luiz is gone, although that may change (as hopefully, will his form). Right now, we obviously have an abundant supply of strikers to choose from, but I've stuck with Giroud for the first game.

bert19   
7 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

Another assumption is that Luiz is gone, although that may change (as hopefully, will his form). Right now, we obviously have an abundant supply of strikers to choose from, but I've stuck with Giroud for the first game.

I'd agree with starting Giroud here.  Bit of much needed experience in the opening game.  

I'm keen to see what Tammy can do, but I really wouldn't object to see his first start be Norwich or Sheffield United.  We've got some really tricky games to start with and using him later in the game and not chucking him into the deep end against the likes of Maguire and VVD from the start could help his confidence and allow him a bit more chance to make more of an impact against "weaker" sides when he does start.  

It wouldn't be ideal to see him start 3 games in the first week and not get much out of them. 

I also think that having both he and Michy on the bench and the option of going to two up front later in the game wouldn't be a bad one either 

Nope . Tammy to start for me , far more mobile than Giroud and starting away to United concretes the feeling that SFL trusts him to lead the line . Build him up . Giroud and Bats can be introduced later if need be . 

I'm not expecting much from the game now , selling our best centre half when as a unit we cannot defend leaving us with the hopeless Zouma fills me with dread . Zouma has been awful pre season far worse than Luiz and Christensen is mediocre .

Feel good feelings back at the Bridge ? Watch this space - Chelsea board.

Edited by Mark Kelly
  • Thanks 1

Rob B   
15 hours ago, Michael Tucker said:

My guess....and it's only a guess, obviously:

Kepa

Azpilicueta

Christensen

Zouma

Emerson

Jorginho

Kante (assuming that he's fit enough)

Barkley

Mount

Pedro

Giroud

Do you think Pulisic will start on the bench, or an unintentional omission?

Personally I think he plays instead of Mount, and I think Tammy will start too (I didn’t until he started the last 2 friendlies)

Edited by Rob B
Typo