• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 4 Chelsea 0

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I feel very protective of Frank and I'm not putting up with any b******s after one match.

Good for you, Jane! 

1 hour ago, JaneB said:

I'll be at The Bridge next Sunday giving it my all. Super, Super Frank 💙

I'm envious. Frank's got another game mid-week before that, so hopefully, he'll be able to bed a few things in. I'm sure that the support at SB will be enormous.

Disappointed today tactically in Lamps. I mean, we can't be critical of United because we have beaten many teams through pure counter-attack.

I get that SFL wants to play on the front foot but there is a balance to be struck. The problem today was exactly as Jose identified it - experience and tactical.

We were short of experience on the field, naive from a tactical point of view, and we commited far too many players going forward. There really is nothing "admirable" about playing attacking football with young players, and getting a real beating - just ask Wenger. 

And the worrying part is that we have seen this repeatedly throughout pre-season and SFL is blaming personnel who are unavailable as if they are somehow going to be the solution. That, for me, is the worrying part.

16 minutes ago, kev61 said:

So we're second from bottom after one game! Lampard out!!

Relegation form. Bring in Pulis.... 8 in defence should sort us out by the end of the season.

Sir   

Never wanted Lampard in the first place so I’m not saying anything.

But, why not start Giroud in a game like this. Disappointing. Giroud should be our number 1 striker no doubt about it. Deserves it as well.

Overall the squad clearly isn’t good enough. This season will be a write off I’m afraid. This was my opinion way before the season started not just because of yesterday.

3 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

He's done though , don't you think ? He's been great but I'd rather have Ivanovic .

Mark... have you been taking the exact amount of medication that nurse prescribed? Either that or she's been giving you the good sh.t :)

kev61   
13 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Disappointed today tactically in Lamps. I mean, we can't be critical of United because we have beaten many teams through pure counter-attack.

I get that SFL wants to play on the front foot but there is a balance to be struck. The problem today was exactly as Jose identified it - experience and tactical.

We were short of experience on the field, naive from a tactical point of view, and we commited far too many players going forward. There really is nothing "admirable" about playing attacking football with young players, and getting a real beating - just ask Wenger. 

And the worrying part is that we have seen this repeatedly throughout pre-season and SFL is blaming personnel who are unavailable as if they are somehow going to be the solution. That, for me, is the worrying part.

You can have tactics coming out of your ears, if you  have players without the intelligence that can't add to three in footballing terms and lack the the basics in technical terms..The old saying sticks..'You can't me a silk purse out of a sows ear'

Edited by kev61

10 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

We were short of experience on the field, naive from a tactical point of view, and we commited far too many players going forward. There really is nothing "admirable" about playing attacking football with young players, and getting a real beating - just ask Wenger

Admirable maybe not but Wenger dined of it for years. 

16 minutes ago, Sir said:

Never wanted Lampard in the first place so I’m not saying anything.

You just said plenty, imo.

And we should remind all the experts here that we are ONE game into the season. ONE effing game! And one that we might have actually got something out of, with a bit of luck. 

kev61   
6 minutes ago, kev61 said:

You can have tactics coming out of your ears, if you  have players without the intelligence that can't add to three in footballing terms and lack the the basics in technical terms..The old saying sticks..'You can't me a silk purse out of a sows ear'

These predictive texts are making me out dumber than I actually am😂

kev61   
14 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

You just said plenty, imo.

And we should remind all the experts here that we are ONE game into the season. ONE effing game! And one that we might have actually got something out of, with a bit of luck. 

Well said Michael - I can assure you these so called "experts" will be taking notes from other so called "experts" before a game even starts! and then will be animated when they get the result they want! - it is a classic case of wanting to be wanted.