• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 4 Chelsea 0

5 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Unless you're legally blind or just insufferably dense,  NET SPEND was the measure being used quite clearly in my post. 

You know, the ultimate figure the club spends out of their own pocket once sale revenue is taken into account. 

Oh yes, net spend. Selling loan army players and players the manager no longer wanted should be seen as something that weakens his chances? 

Just more bad excuses I’m afraid. 

I think you should look at the net movement of first team players the manager actually wanted and not fees from players the manager never intended to keep/use. 

Insufferably dense you say? Yep. Anything to protect Conte no matter how silly apparently. So... Perhaps it would be in order to look closer to home with that insult. 

6 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Unless you're legally blind or just insufferably dense

Mate, you need to cut this crap out right now. And I won't be arsed to tell you again.

xCELERYx   
10 minutes ago, Michael Tucker said:

Mate, you need to cut this crap out right now. And I won't be arsed to tell you again.

Given the continuously patronising, dismissive and aggressive manner in which the individual in question interacts with not only myself, but towards others on here as well, the problem extends well beyond what I had to say. 

With that said, business as usual and I'll be going back to browsing past their posts once again. 

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

Given the continuously patronising, dismissive and aggressive manner in which the individual in question interacts with not only myself, but towards others on here as well, the problem extends well beyond what I had to say. 

No really, it doesn't. If you don't enjoy interacting with our friend here, then don't. It's not that difficult.

6 minutes ago, xCELERYx said:

With that said, business as usual and I'll be going back to browsing past their posts once again. 

There you go.....

Blue Rod   
9 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

No. We came undone on Sunday not because  our approach was naive, but because the players we had in key defensive positions made crucial mistakes. They weren't up to the task on the day. The approach was fine. In attack we outplayed them and we were unlucky not to go 2 ahead. Instead the defensive shortcomings cost us big time. Better players, (and we have key replacements to come in), and we will be more secure. If that is achieved then we have no need to stifle our attacking threat, on the contrary we should nurture it.

Yes, we outplayed them in attack. And that was a delight to watch. Our movements on and off the ball made them look average in the first 25 min. But there was a time when we ought to have taken our foot off the pedal to give them a false sense of ascendancy,  then exploit the gaps they would have left. It's precisely what they did to us. 

Their players gave the ball away no less than ours. But they played a counter attacking game and it worked for them. Away from home, even a vastly superior team tend to allow the home side to dominate. Because then they get carried away, egged on by the noise of their supporters.  

Ultimately it's not about how well you play, its about how effective your strategy is in achieving your set results. We did not set out to play well and get beaten 4-0. 

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you are saying that despite your love for SFL, you are quite capable of ebing objective about SFL's potential weakness as a manager.
AND despite others equal love for SFL they are incapable of being objective about SFL's potential strengths.
odd one that

And are you saying I'm not? Take yourself for example . You never thought it was a good idea to hire Lampard , in fact you were dead against. Does that mean we have to ignore everything you say about him in the coming months, or might you have some genuine balanced thoughts and ideas? 

I have no love for Lampard as manager as I clearly stated. I liked the idea of trying him, I'm pleased we hired now I want to see what he's made, but I'll reserve judgement until later on in the season if thats all fine and dandy by you. Sadly I feel the anti Lampards can't wait to give him a good kicking. Then if someone comes in to defend him they will be called a love struck teenager who just wants to cuddle his hero. Its is utterley pathetic and something I hate about this site.  

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

No he hasn't, he really has not.  Go look Zidane up in Wikipedia

I've no idea why you keep telling me to do that. He managed the Real Madrid B team in the second tier of Spanish football (and quite badly actually). Now you're going to tell me that he was also Director of Football for a while and thats almost the same job. Well lets make Petre Cech manager next year shall we. And before you start typing I realise that Cechs title isn't actually Director of Football but I'm sure he's learning lots and lots about management.

18 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

A very long take down that means very little unless you say who it is you has dared make such awful, damning judgements of Lampard

Well first just let me take the words back out of my mouth that you clearly have great fun putting in there. I never said awful or damning. The poster I replied to (and there were several in the same vain...just look em up) said that AFTER ONE GAME if Lampard doesn't learn to ADAPT he's going to fail. Now even if he'd said that after two games or three games I might have just raised an eyebrow and shook my head. But after ONE game with half a squad and away at Old Trafford , it was a joke of a comment. And you belittle yourself by endorsing it. I should also point out that Sarri didn't adapt at all even after getting thumped 4 nil by the likes of Bournemouth and he still managed 3rd and a EL trophy, so whats the problem all of a sudden with Lampard sticking to his guns?    

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ham said:

Hope you're right Pete.

Well right Ham. I understand what you're saying of  course. But you'd have to agree that there was much to admire about how we played on Sunday and I do think we should believe in that and press on rather than, after 1 game for goodness sake, throw the towel in and revert to yet another implementation of the bog standard, boring, safety-first approach.

We really were much superior to them when we went at them and it was individual errors that caused our downfall. We all knew that any setback would heap pressure on Frank, but we, (many of us), also said that we would be in favour of getting behind him and sticking with it if and when that happened. Well let's do it then!

Droy of course is different. Last year we had a manager whom the majority on here hated, at least at the start and, for many of them, throughout the rest of the season too. Then, since the majority were anti-Sarri, Droy would simply have to take the opposing view. This season we see the exact reverse. The majority hope to see Lampard make good, whereas a Droy is desperate for him to fail. That doesn’t surprise me at all.

5 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

Yes, we outplayed them in attack. And that was a delight to watch. Our movements on and off the ball made them look average in the first 25 min. But there was a time when we ought to have taken our foot off the pedal to give them a false sense of ascendancy,  then exploit the gaps they would have left. It's precisely what they did to us. 

Their players gave the ball away no less than ours. But they played a counter attacking game and it worked for them. Away from home, even a vastly superior team tend to allow the home side to dominate. Because then they get carried away, egged on by the noise of their supporters.  

Ultimately it's not about how well you play, its about how effective your strategy is in achieving your set results. We did not set out to play well and get beaten 4-0. 

No, I agree we didn't Rod, but I do think it would be a retrograde step to abandon ship with respect to our exciting, attacking approach. As you say, we shouldn't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

I think we're quite significantly in agreement in fact. I'm just wary of it being our take-it-to-'em attacking style that gets sacrificed because of setbacks like Sunday.

I'd say that we fans need to believe in the manager and show resolve, rather than panicking at the first fence.

9 hours ago, xCELERYx said:

Not really dismissive. I’m stating facts. It would be nice if you’d challenge them instead of playing the individual. 

Net spend can be ridiculously misleading. But the £360m he spent on new players isn’t. The only player one could reasonably argue Conte wanted to keep is Matic. That’s one of a long list of players he got rid of.