---------------------------Kepa

Azpilicueta-Zouma-Christensen-Emerson

--------------Jorginho-------Kovacic

Pedro---------------Barkley----------------Pulisic

-----------------------Abraham

Subs: Caballero, Alonso, Kanté, Mount, Willian, Batshuayi, Giroud

Injured: Rüdiger, James, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi

Missing out: Cummings, Tomori, Zappacosta, Bakayoko and Kenedy

Prediction: 2-1 Chelsea (Barkley, Pulisic)

I fully expect the above to be the line up. Let's have it! 

25 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I'd probably have Kenedy instead of Willian on the bench, given Frank said Willian was a little way off from being considered.

51 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, let’s have it! I’m so pumped up for Sunday! 

When the fixtures were published and we discovered that our first game under Mr Lampard would be away to Utd there were a number of media outlets which remarked that it was a tough start for Frank.

I didn't think so, in fact, at that time I thought that it was an ideal fixture for a few reasons:

1) The fact that an away game at OT was bound to be viewed as a "tough" game was a good thing I thought. Much better than having an "easy" one which could therefore be viewed as a banana skin.

If you think of the possible results to the match then firstly, if we won then it would have to be heralded as a great start.

Secondly, if we drew then it would have to be rated as an acceptable result for us, away at OT. Much better for us than for them.

Thirdly, if we lost then that too surely could not be regarded as a doom-and-gloom result for us. After all, it's a tough game, we're away and making a big transition within the club. To come away from OT with a defeat first up in such a fixture would have to be seen as understandable surely?

2) Although Utd away reads as a tough game it needs to be considered in context, which therefore includes the poor form that Utd displayed in the final stages of last season.

That was how I felt originally, but since then a number of things have happened.:

a) The Luiz fall-out and its potential impact with the squad

and coinciding with that

b) Utd's apparent good form and run of results towards the end of their own pre-season matches.

So now I'm very undecided about what to expect. It's going to be particularly interesting to see how we perform in the "defensive phase" I reckon.

4 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

I'd probably have Kenedy instead of Willian on the bench, given Frank said Willian was a little way off from being considered.

Kenedy has gone to Reading on loan mate

In other news, Alisson Becker has had to go off with a injury for Liverpool. The way he went down would make me suspect it could be an ACL, especially as he was able to walk off. Shame they got Adrian, I actually think he is a good keeper. 

Edit: looking at it again it may be his ankle. 

Edited by Conte Kante

kev61   

I have to admit I haven't watched much of pre - season matches but I can't wait for Sunday - What is our shape? the players attitude and commitment? do we look as if we have enough talent to make a good showing?.

Mourinho has joined SKY as a pundit . 

His first game ?

This one .

Should be interesting .

1 minute ago, Mark Kelly said:

Mourinho has joined SKY as a pundit . 

His first game ?

This one .

Should be interesting .

Possibly much more entertaining than the game.  For us.