• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Manchester United 4 Chelsea 0

Just now, Johnny Bee said:

That isn’t true, this season the ‘VAR’ ref can inform the on field ref if they have missed something.

There is a video showing how it operates on the Sky website.

Sorry.

Football VAR is like Cricket VAR where only the ref and the VAR ref decide on when the appeals go in.

6 hours ago, Bob Singleton said:

No it isn't... it really isn't.

Ever thought of changing your profile picture to this?

tinfoilhat.jpg

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Careful, grumpy will post pictures of you.

At least we now know what you look like ;)

As for VAR itself, anyone that hasn't already worked out it's only going to help the select few must have been living in a bubble the last couple of years. 

The commentary that goes alongside the replay whilst the decision is being looked at by VAR  is embarrassing,  it's as if they have been told the outcome before the replay has been shown so as long as they say they right things most brain washed football fans will agree with every decision. It's so corrupt it's not even funny.

kev61   

I see the bookies have us at 5/2 to win the game - ridiculous odds seeing there is little evidence on form to go by - my advice 1pt on chelsea @ 5/2 and 1pt of on both teams to score @ even money as a saver for low stakes.Personally I will be wading in at 50 quid on both teams to score - seems loose at even money.

Holymoly   
13 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

I'm just watching Spurs winner against Villa ,clear and obvious foul in the build up , VAR nowhere to be seen , 3 points for one of their favourites SKY show the replay twice not a murmer from the commentary team.

When did you become "Mr Cynical" all of a sudden?

Holymoly   
12 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

I've always felt though, that the key to resolving the arguments about VAR, or any other video replay system, would be to allow each side to call for its implementation when they felt they had a case, rather than leave it to the officials to decide when to use it with some mumbo-jumbo about areas of significant doubt etc.

The trouble with that is though that the coach on the sidelines is watching the game, not the endless angles and replays Sky are showing. If you look hard enough there will always be some grey area of doubt overlooked by the officials.

Holymoly   
5 hours ago, kev61 said:

I see the bookies have us at 5/2 to win the game - ridiculous odds seeing there is little evidence on form to go by - my advice 1pt on chelsea @ 5/2 and 1pt of on both teams to score @ even money as a saver for low stakes.Personally I will be wading in at 50 quid on both teams to score - seems loose at even money.

I tend to not take the plunge until a bit of form is evident. Before that it would just be like.....gambling.  ;-)

1 hour ago, Holymoly said:

When did you become "Mr Cynical" all of a sudden?

When our manager has to go on a tv show to highlight the refs were refereeing our games differently to everyone else's . Cemented by falling victim to VAR manipulation three times whilst it was being tried out .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

The trouble with that is though that the coach on the sidelines is watching the game, not the endless angles and replays Sky are showing. If you look hard enough there will always be some grey area of doubt overlooked by the officials.

A team could always have someone in the coaching team watching the action on a tablet couldn’t they. 

Ham   
26 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Tottenham last season? Blue-print right there. 

Yep.  Put a wonky line across the pitch and hey presto!  Kane is onside.  

• Like 1