• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Leicester at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 16:00, Sunday, 18th August, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

This is a big one now. Despite two very confident performances against two of our closest rivals we badly need a win and three points to be on our way. 

Strongest possible starting eleven. Perhaps it makes sense to play a 433 to shore up the defense. 

Arrizabalaga; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Emerson; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Abraham, Pulisic

Subs: Caballero, Tomori, Alonso, Barkley, Willian, Mount, Giroud 

Holymoly   

Feeling a lot more positive now with certain players coming back from injury.

Sciatika   

I would definitely play Abraham. Whether to play Zouma will depend on Rudiger, for me. I would like to see the Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho midfield again but I also want to see Mount. Ho hum. Maybe a Kante/Jorginho two with Mount in a #10 role flanked by Pulisic and Pedro. So

Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Kante. Jorginho, Pedro, Mount, Pulisic, Abraham

paulw66   
Just now, Sciatika said:

I would definitely play Abraham. Whether to play Zouma will depend on Rudiger, for me. I would like to see the Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho midfield again but I also want to see Mount. Ho hum. Maybe a Kante/Jorginho two with Mount in a #10 role flanked by Pulisic and Pedro. So

Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Kante. Jorginho, Pedro, Mount, Pulisic, Abraham

In a game where we will dominate the ball, that midfield 3 offers close to zero goal threat. Fine against Liverpool, but not at home to Leicester. For me that was Sarri's main failing last season, picking that 3 against non top 6 teams.

Sciatika   

^ which is why I went for two in midfield and bringing in Mount as a #10

paulw66   
57 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

^ which is why I went for two in midfield and bringing in Mount as a #10

Good job, Frank!

Really like the look of Pulisic. Fast with an eye for goal.

This is the most I’ve looked forward to a league game for a couple of years! 

If fitness permits I’d start the same team, although I would like to see Rudiger in for Zouma asap. If we do make a change I hope it’s Mount, and not Barkley, who gets the nod. He should be ahead in the pecking order already based on what we’ve seen. 

It’s amazing how positive you can feel after two defeats!

paulw66   
1 hour ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

This is the most I’ve looked forward to a league game for a couple of years! 

If fitness permits I’d start the same team, although I would like to see Rudiger in for Zouma asap. If we do make a change I hope it’s Mount, and not Barkley, who gets the nod. He should be ahead in the pecking order already based on what we’ve seen. 

It’s amazing how positive you can feel after two defeats!

Technically, last night is a draw! 

I'd be tempted to leave Rudiger. Last thing we want is him coming back too soon