• Current Donation Goals

Rob B   

I think there will be a few question marks before Lampard decides the team for this one:

• Is Pedro reading to play again?  He's played 220 intense minutes since Sunday and has done a lot of tracking back in those games. 
  • How is Christensen?  Looked like he had an injury when he came off last night
  • What is Kante's condition?  Played 120 minutes last night having had no pre-season 
  • Giroud or Abraham?  I can see arguments for both

Subject to Kante's 'freshness' and Christensen coming off as a precautionary, I'd go....

Kepa, Azpi, Christensen, Zouma, Emerson,  Jorginho, Kante, Mount, Pulisic, Barkley, Giroud

4-3-3 with Barkley occupying a wide position with Pedro waiting in the wings 

This looks a horrible game for us after the effort put in last night. In a strange way I would rather we have someone like Arsenal/Tottenham after last nights game, at least you know the players will be 100% focussed on the opposition for that type of big game. This just has the feeling that any slight drop off in preparation and focus for the match, then you have an opponent who will punish that .

I can see goals in this game, something like a 2-2 or 3-2 win hopefully. Their forward options do worry me as they offer good pace with intelligent running and I am dubious about some of our defensive combinations at present.

I hope I am wrong, but I feel we might need to wait for that first win under Frank a few days longer.

8 hours ago, Sciatika said:

I would definitely play Abraham. Whether to play Zouma will depend on Rudiger, for me. I would like to see the Kante/Kovacic/Jorginho midfield again but I also want to see Mount. Ho hum. Maybe a Kante/Jorginho two with Mount in a #10 role flanked by Pulisic and Pedro. So

Kepa, Azpi, Rudiger, Christensen, Emerson, Kante. Jorginho, Pedro, Mount, Pulisic, Abraham

Yeh, I like the idea of playing both Mount and Pulisic, but I think I'd be inclined to start Giroud instead of Tammy.

8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

In a game where we will dominate the ball, that midfield 3 offers close to zero goal threat. Fine against Liverpool, but not at home to Leicester. For me that was Sarri's main failing last season, picking that 3 against non top 6 teams.

Leicester are a good team though and this won't be easy I think.

Blue Rod   
8 hours ago, paulw66 said:

In a game where we will dominate the ball, that midfield 3 offers close to zero goal threat. Fine against Liverpool, but not at home to Leicester. For me that was Sarri's main failing last season, picking that 3 against non top 6 teams.

I can see your point. But so early in the development of this team I would prefer the solidity of the midfield to any kind of swashbuckling. I would take a goal or two and a clean  sheet over a high scoring game.

1 hour ago, PeteRobbo said:

Leicester are a good team though and this won't be easy I think.

Yes indeed , I'm worried about the ball over the top for Vardy to exploit but maybe Tomori will be chosen to combat it? 

Sciatika   

Zouma and Rudiger are both very quick and Christensen is no slouch either. I worry more about their organisation at set-pieces,

Leo91   

Must win for me. The squad need a morale boost after the first two games of the season. Dropping pts here and the pressure will mount. 

Mount and Abraham to start for me.

Leicester are going to be tough I fear, but honestly I think the pressing of the team at present is going to make it very difficult for them.

Kepa, Dave, Christensen, Zouma, Alonso, Kante, Jorgi, Kova, Pedro/Mount, Giroud, Willian. 

Team for this one is hard to pick as Christensen, Rudi, Willian, Emerson and Kante are all question marks. I have gone with what I feel is possible. Personally, I am not convinced Rudi is fit enough yet and as he is so important it is not worth rushing him back for one game. Willian for me should be fit as his missing so far has been down the Copa. As for Alonso, I have got him in as Emerson looked out on his feet and owing to the amount of work the LB has to do, he would be a fatigue injury risk. As for Pedro/Mount I am more inclined towards Pedro but he may also need a rest. Kante is also questionable but he is notoriously super fit so if anyone can recover, it is him. 

Most people will probably not be happy with the lack of young players but this is a very tricky game. Leicester, along with Wolves and Everton are viable teams that could break the top six this season so we need to be canny. Additionally, Leicester have had all week to prepare, have no injuries and will be up for it. For us, we cannot really afford another defeat as it will ramp up the pressure. I would be looking to bring Mount/Abraham on as subs rather than start them, although Mount gets the nod for me if either or both of Kante/Pedro cannot start. One thing I do not want to see under any circumstances is Barkley  in the middle, if he starts then he needs to go in the front three and Mount needs to play the No.8.