• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

Bison   
1 minute ago, Leo91 said:

Yeah really bad. Just hope it's because it's his first game.

To be honest, that his normal game. He has one good game every 6-8 weeks.

First 25 minutes or so was exhilarating. The second half was absolutely dreadful but I think the signs began towards the end of the first half. I'm not sure if it was tiredness or not because a similar thing happened against Man United, albeit not as bad. We constantly gave the ball away and they had so much space. 

We are really, really lucky to have got a draw today. 

6 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Sorry, but this game really should have been won by any team aiming for top 4. Leicester are a good team, yes. But really no Mahrez, Maguire, Drinkwater, Morgan or Kante and a really poor version of Vardy too.

That's rubbish to be fair. Ricardo was one of the best right backs in the league last season and has been linked with top clubs. Maddison created the most chances of any player in the League and has been linked with top clubs. Ndidi is class and has been linked with top clubs. Soyuncu has long been talked about as one of the top CB prospects in world football. Tielemans too but as a midfielder. All of those players could quite easily be playing for top clubs in a year or two.

Kezza   
5 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

1 point from 6. Our only hope is that things improve when CHO, RLC and James come in.. but I think the real issue is our midfield is very poorly set-up at the moment and thats why I'm not hugely optimistic.

Dependent on the younger lads to be our saviour now. Are we playing the U21 league?

chelboy   
1 minute ago, Bison said:

Pedro, Willian and Pulisic all being awful in the same game is probably going to be the norm. Very rare we'll get anything from our wingers going forward.

Lol Pulisic is adapting to a new league and Pedro has played every min of the last few games while Willian is returning without a pre season. But I am sure negative people like you are just happy for it to be a norm. 

kev61   
1 minute ago, Bridge Soldier said:

That's rubbish to be fair. Ricardo was one of the best right backs in the league last season and has been linked with top clubs. Maddison created the most chances of any player in the League and has been linked with top clubs. Ndidi is class and has been linked with top clubs. Soyuncu has long been talked about as one of the top CB prospects in world football. Tielemans too but as a midfielder. All of those players could quite easily be playing for top clubs in a year or two.

I agree, meanwhile we can't see a turd in a bowll of fresh fruit

Kezza   
3 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Kante and Giroud are WC winners. Jorginho was highly rated by City. Kovacic came from Real. Pulisic is a highly rated wonderkid. Tammy Abraham prolific in the lower tier. Zouma did a great job with Everton. Etc. Etc.

Poor performance after a bright opening few minutes. The goal seemed to knock us off our stride. Like we thought we’d done the hard work. Faded really badly after. 

Not sure how tired we were after midweek. Didn’t seem to affect Liverpool who played a day earlier and won. 

We were lucky to get a draw in the end. This season isn’t going to be much fun by the looks of things. 

I hadn't realised how poor we were. The problems are many and varied, but can be summed up as a fundamental lack of intelligence or discipline from back to front.

Unfortunately our coach looks as inexperienced as he is and there is no discernible defensive plan. Tactics and execution wew both poor today and at times it looked like we had decided not to play with a midfield at all. 

We are also lacking in physical presence - a small, lightweight team with very little bite.

Sadly, I think it's mid table for us. Leicester are not the side they once were,  but should have won today.

I hope plans are afoot for when we are again able to register new players.