• Current Donation Goals

I thought nobody can give away ball like Pedro but Willian has other ideas . Worst player in the pitch after playing just 10 mins 

2 minutes ago, Original 21 said:

Poor performance after a bright opening few minutes. The goal seemed to knock us off our stride. Like we thought we’d done the hard work. Faded really badly after. 

Not sure how tired we were after midweek. Didn’t seem to affect Liverpool who played a day earlier and won. 

We were lucky to get a draw in the end. This season isn’t going to be much fun by the looks of things. 

Ings missed from 6 yards to equalise with minutes to go. They were poor yesterday. 

Leo91   

There's an argument to be made that Leicester should be finishing in the top 4 never mind the top 6. They are very very good Xi and Rodgers have a knack of boosting his players.

4 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

That's rubbish to be fair. Ricardo was one of the best right backs in the league last season and has been linked with top clubs. Maddison created the most chances of any player in the League and has been linked with top clubs. Ndidi is class and has been linked with top clubs. Soyuncu has long been talked about as one of the top CB prospects in world football. Tielemans too but as a midfielder. All of those players could quite easily be playing for top clubs in a year or two.

Two years is a very long time in football. Two years ago, Chelsea would have been a title chasing club. 

Leicester are a good side - I agree with that. But we are talking about Chelsea, at home, aiming for top 4 and we're trying to justify both dropping points and playing dreadfully poor because Leicester are supposedly a top side?

Sorry. Not quite buying it. Not at least when there was something so painfully obvious staring us in the face - just how poor the midfield pairing was.

Sure, Leicester are fast and they do keep the ball well sometimes, but that doesnt change the fact that we were absolutely dreadful. 

Making predictions about where they can potentially be in 2 years shouldn't cloud the fact that we were very sub-standard at home in front of our own crowd.

chelboy   

Be interesting to see what formations we play over the season but I think 433 is far better. We had a solid midfield on Wednesday with 3 for the whole 120 mins. Today it lost all shape in the 2nd half. The pivot understanding of when to drop and press is pretty poor and leaves big gaps at times. I would rather reserve judgement after 6-8 games about the standard that we are playing at. Anyone who expected this to be comfortable after Manu and Liverpool was having a laugh. Everyone was shattered at the end. 

Leo91   

It took a long range screamer for City to beat these lot at home in May. They're very very good. We've just played 120 minutes against the European champions with a very young side who are playing together for the first time in a new system and people are already moaning. Get a ****ing clue.

Poor game management cost us this one. For me, I just do not understand why Frank took so long to get Kova on the pitch as it was obvious from the 35th minute that we were losing control of midfield. 

Anyhow, I am not going to go into individuals/tactics as I will write this game off as fatigue. However, there are a quite a lot of danger lights flashing in regards to our season. 

Very very like Man U game.  We threw players forward for 20 mins, "looked" great, both FBs playing in advanced WB roles and pressed like crazy.
Unlike Man U all that effort and associated vulnerability put us one up not one down.
Like Man U once we could no longer keep up the effort we looked the poorer team.

I think we have to face up to the truth - SFL is using the "attacking route" because we can't play conventionally.

Leicester are a good team but not a great team.  The really shouldn't have had so many chances H2.

Zouma great facing forwards but some dreadful passes again.  Azpi slow (and not great in the attacking first 20 - it looks as though SFL is lining up James to start regularly).  Pedro all over the place in every sense, good and bad.  Willian wtf, probably should never have played.

Pulisic still looks promising but hasn't yet delivered, so open mind about him.  Tammy looks not quite there (this week).  Giroud plays as if he is a wall not a player.  Someone for everyone else to play off, but then he just stays there.

Kepa, Christensen, Emerson, Kante and especially Mount were good.  I think it just shows how strong the PL is when 5 players have good games and yet we were probably lucky to keep a point.

39 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

I hope the rest of the league aren't as physical as this Leicester side because they're causing us problems. 

I think pretty much every team is more physical that this Leicester side.

25 minutes ago, Ham said:

Why was that handball not given? 

VAR gives the ref an excuse to ignore stuff.  It's like cricket where all the appeal Joker cards are given to one side.

9 minutes ago, RDC Williams said:

I hadn't realised how poor we were. The problems are many and varied, but can be summed up as a fundamental lack of intelligence or discipline from back to front.

Unfortunately our coach looks as inexperienced as he is and there is no discernible defensive plan. Tactics and execution wew both poor today and at times it looked like we had decided not to play with a midfield at all. 

We are also lacking in physical presence - a small, lightweight team with very little bite.

Sadly, I think it's mid table for us. Leicester are not the side they once were,  but should have won today.

I hope plans are afoot for when we are again able to register new players.

Who are our really good players?  In title challenging seasons we had 10-13.  I thought we still had 5, but Azpi hasn't shown any form yet.  We are essentially a mix of back up players, former greats now 31+ and maybes 21 or under.

You are right to question the coach (and why does he take so much advice from the recent U18 coach?  can he just write down notes?).  We look very naive, not just in defending corners.

Out of interest - anyone got a feel for how many clubs have changed to Zonal this season?

4 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

But we are talking about Chelsea, at home, aiming for top 4

If that is what you were expecting you are right to be disappointed.  I'd be very happy with 6th a couple of points ahead of Leicester and Wolves.

Lampard needs to sort out our set piece defending and the dreadful spacing of the CMs in front of the back 4. 

At a minimum the starting middle trio should be Jorginho Kovacic and Kante to ensure midfield control and adequate defensive cover. Nothing wrong with wining 1-0 and 2-0 games while the team and new manager figure out themselves. The key is to stay in touch with the top 4 over the first 10 league games (or next 8 games). 

Edited by MikelBlue
Grammar

Is it going to be possible to discuss these 90 minutes without posturing, allegations and counter-allegations? 

I saw some things to like, but also plenty to be worried about and I don't think it's harsh to say that we played very stupid football for the entire second half. To persevere with a short pass that wasn't on to a RB facing his own goal and being surrounded by three oppo players more than once wasn't clever, to make it seemingly our objective was crazy. We were a real danger to ourselves in possession.