• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

22 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Ings missed from 6 yards to equalise with minutes to go. They were poor yesterday. 

They just have quality up top to get them out of jail.  Ings miss almost as bad as Maddison's today.

2 minutes ago, Super Kenny Monkou said:

They just have quality up top to get them out of jail.  Ings miss almost as bad as Maddison's today.

Indeed. I think most of us know we’re severely short on quality: up front, right back etc and have a lot of players that are listed under “potential”. It’s the way it is this season. 

kev61   

Yes all fair points.I have confidence in Lampard to get things sorted in midfield a massive problem for years - I watched Kante off the ball( as much as you can on tv)he was all over the pitch trying to influence things if the the rest of midfield haven't the intelligence to see danger and where to be at any given time during a game then Lampard should teach them how to play Zonally a thing you shouldn't have to do with a professional footballer at this level.

We are hindered with the transfer ban but there are certain players that are just not good enough to wear a Chelsea shirt and I can't wait to see the back of them.

kev61   
23 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Be interesting to see what formations we play over the season but I think 433 is far better. We had a solid midfield on Wednesday with 3 for the whole 120 mins. Today it lost all shape in the 2nd half. The pivot understanding of when to drop and press is pretty poor and leaves big gaps at times. I would rather reserve judgement after 6-8 games about the standard that we are playing at. Anyone who expected this to be comfortable after Manu and Liverpool was having a laugh. Everyone was shattered at the end. 

Very good points

18 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we have to face up to the truth - SFL is using the "attacking route" because we can't play conventionally.

Yes; it is very early days but the emerging pattern is bright starts with little to show for it and a huge drop-off. My take is that Lampard knows there are not the resources in the squad to really go toe-to-toe over the 90, and the hope is blow teams away or grab just enough to cling to before the legs and heads go. 

13 minutes ago, OfWolfAndBiggs said:

Indeed. I think most of us know we’re severely short on quality: up front, right back etc and have a lot of players that are listed under “potential”. It’s the way it is this season. 

Zappa really needs to be given a go at RB. He should have played today imo. 

Leo91   

It's still August guys... When was the last time you saw a Chelsea side finish the season the way they started it ? You have to go back to Mourinhos first stint. The team and structured plays will developed and evolve over the weeks and months. Calm down.

5 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

It's still August guys... When was the last time you saw a Chelsea side finish the season the way they started it ? You have to go back to Mourinhos first stint. The team and structured plays will developed and evolve over the weeks and months. Calm down.

Yep.  I would rather a slow start and then a strong finish to take us into next season where we can sign players again.  We started well last year and then began to struggle as we got worked out.

Just back from the gams disappointing result thought we was great for the first 20 minutes after that poor we was lucky to get the draw in the end . Mount man of the match for us our right hand side was shocking Pedro and Dave and willian was even worse when he came on going to a long hard season 

Jasonb   
48 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Be interesting to see what formations we play over the season but I think 433 is far better. We had a solid midfield on Wednesday with 3 for the whole 120 mins. Today it lost all shape in the 2nd half. The pivot understanding of when to drop and press is pretty poor and leaves big gaps at times. I would rather reserve judgement after 6-8 games about the standard that we are playing at. Anyone who expected this to be comfortable after Manu and Liverpool was having a laugh. Everyone was shattered at the end. 

After seeing us against Liverpool I expected a three in midfield of Kante, Kovacic and Jorginho. Tammy maybe should have scored twice.

It will be interesting to see how we fare without the extra time in Europe now we have a few players back.