• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

kev61   
42 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Poor game management cost us this one. For me, I just do not understand why Frank took so long to get Kova on the pitch as it was obvious from the 35th minute that we were losing control of midfield. 

Anyhow, I am not going to go into individuals/tactics as I will write this game off as fatigue. However, there are a quite a lot of danger lights flashing in regards to our season. 

42 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Poor game management cost us this one. For me, I just do not understand why Frank took so long to get Kova on the pitch as it was obvious from the 35th minute that we were losing control of midfield. 

And you can't blame fatigue on something that is glaringly obvious.If you see something on fire you have to act quick to try and put it out you don't wait hope it puts itself out.Frank got things wrong today I have a feeling he will get things right more times than not in the long term.

JaneB   
3 hours ago, PeteRobbo said:

Hey! Enjoy Jane.

If we lose it's your fault of course!

Well we didn't lose but such a disappointment after a promising start.

Willian was a disgrace, I don't think he cares so he can eff off. 

Pedro was hopeless, all those back flicks thinking he's Zola.

I thought Emerson was good but sadly Dave wasn't. We so miss a leader on the pitch too.

Kante was his usual bustling self thank god and I thought Giroud was unlucky to come off.

Still, it's a point and a start.

Right behind you Frank 💙

Mount man of the match.... I really think he is going to be top draw...(Reminds me of Lamps himself) .... Can Tammy even run with a ball and beat a man...?? Goals are going to be hard to come by and I think the top scorer will come from midfield and with not many goals...RLC/Mount/Barclay/CHO/pedro...... Tough season ahead,a real rollercoaster and looking forward to it. ..Keep believing....It is what it is.....!!

5 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well we didn't lose but such a disappointment after a promising start.

Pedro was hopeless, all those back flicks thinking he's Zola.

I thought Emerson was good but sadly Dave wasn't. We so miss a leader on the pitch too.

Kante was his usual bustling self thank god and I thought Giroud was unlucky to come off.

Still, it's a point and a start.

Right behind you Frank 💙

Good summary mate. Yes, I'm afraid it became obvious that we were going to struggle with about 10 minutes or so left in the first half.

I thought the midfield looked weak when the line up was announced and so it proved. We had no presence there at all apart from N'Golo. We should have fielded Kovacic and played 4-3-3.

All the same, Leicester are a good team and they Wolves and Everton are not going to be easy for the top teams this season.

On another point, why do you think Willian wouldn't be interested? Surely this is his chance to step into Hazard's role, at least as best as he can?

Pedro I thought started well but then fell away.

14 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Willian was just... Bizarre. Think it's fairer to think his cameo was more down to a lack of fitness (I was surprised he made the bench, even factoring in the fact that there is no one else to take an AM spot among the subs) than not caring, mind. 

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

If that is what you were expecting you are right to be disappointed.  I'd be very happy with 6th a couple of points ahead of Leicester and Wolves.

I predicted 6th I believe. But the club should still aim for top 4. And I would still feel disappointed with another season of Europa League football. If that makes sense?

59 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Is it going to be possible to discuss these 90 minutes without posturing, allegations and counter-allegations? 

:)  yes, if not today then within a game or two.

38 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

It's still August guys... When was the last time you saw a Chelsea side finish the season the way they started it ? You have to go back to Mourinhos first stint. The team and structured plays will developed and evolve over the weeks and months. Calm down.

What I remember about JM 2004 is that the first game he took a big risk, and we just sat back against Man U and let them do their worst.  They couldn't score, we could.
It was just a huge massive boost to the confidence of the squad (and the fans).

Jasonb   

I think Frank will be ruthless once he gets players back from injury and sees who the slackers are.

He can't do that straight away as we just do not have the cover.