• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

kev61   
7 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

:)  I think this is about as prescient about Jorginho's coming downfall as you have been about JM for the past 15 years.

I have been proved right in 99%_of things I have said - tell me one thing I got wrong? Yes I told you and anyone that cared to listen mourhino was a short term manager ...15 years ago! does that make me psycicic or you a fool?

26 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Not you - but there have been other comments by various others today and especially last season.  Little of it fits with Willian still playing in competitions for Brazil, albeit as sub.
Certainly today's was an odd performance though.

It wasn't my argument for Barkley - I just think it must have been an option Frank considered.  But I said at H/T the choice for No 8 leftover from last season between RLC Kovacic and Barkley has been made in my mind - Mount.
Kovacic as back up for Kante or Jorginho.  RLC at AM.

I do not think it was odd, just more of a case of a player with no preseason and coming into a game where the other team is going hell for leather. 

I agree on Mount. I have had high hopes for him for a long time and I am happy that he got to play today as an No.8 as that or a No.6 will eventually be his position imo. Also, agree that medium/long term he will be better than both RLC and Barkley. At the moment, he still needs to learn how to play the position at the top level but I am confident that will come quickly as he is a very fast learner - something that the Vitesse manager also said about him. The only reason I wanted him off was due to us needing to get hold of possession as playing the game with the ball is a lot less physically demanding than without it. 

10 minutes ago, kev61 said:

I have been proved right in 99%_of things I have said - tell me one thing I got wrong? Yes I told you and anyone that cared to listen mourhino was a short term manager ...15 years ago! does that make me psycicic or you a fool?

Yes you have been right on 99% of your predictions for 2% of the time.
JM remains the longest term manager Man U have had since SAF,
the longest term manager Chelsea have had since Ranieri (and second longest)
and the longest term manager that RM have had since del Bosque. 
None of Inter's 13 managers since JM have lasted longer than his 2 years

He was short term at Porto - he got all those titles in just 18 months.  But only 3 of the next 15 managers lasted longer.  

But I'm sure he'll be a short term manager someday, and Jorginho will be crap too one day.

Jasonb   

If only Kante had used his left foot on that chance he had.

Is it me or did a similar thing happen with him last season.

kev61   
8 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

He was short term at Porto - he got all those titles in just 18 months.  But only 3 of the next 15 managers lasted longer.  

But I'm sure he'll be a short term manager someday, and Jorginho will be crap too one day.

Stop the waffle would you like to see mourhino  in charge now?

14 minutes ago, kev61 said:

Stop the waffle would you like to see mourhino  in charge now?

I'd love it if only to hear you moaning on for 2 or 3 more years again.  But like Lester Piggott he is a finisher, a man to give teams ready to win stuff.  No point having him whip the current bunch of carthorses around.

kev61   
25 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Some day you will get it right like me.No hard feelings

chelboy   

Willian has always been poor coming off the bench. He is one of those types that takes 25 mins or so to adapt to the game even when he starts. Never seen him or Pedro as an impact sub which is funny considering both are going to be on the bench once everyone is fit. This really should be the last season for those two. I predicted either Willian or Pedro to have a really declining season but we might see Azpi Pedro and Willian all have a declining season at the same time which would be horrible to watch. 

39 minutes ago, kev61 said:

would you like to see mourhino  in charge now?

Well, I'd like to see how Super Frank does first......:).  

But ignoring that for now, sure I'd certainly have Jose back if the time was right. It's clear that you don't like JM, and that's your prerogative (I certainly don't believe that he's flawless), but trying to demean his achievements over many seasons, at many clubs, in many leagues, is plainly ridiculous. 

johnboy   
8 hours ago, Johnny Bee said:

My expectations for this season are that we are competitive in a cup or two and finish top 6.  The transfer ban gives us a unique opportunity to see exactly what our youth setup is made of.  I and many fans have been screaming out for our youth to have a chance and this season they will.

I suspect we will see performances that will provide great optimism (Wednesday) and others (today) where the reality of the situation is all too clear.  I always felt that a draw was the most likely scenario, Leicester are a good side, Rogers is a good manager and on the back of 120 minutes in midweek we were always going to run out of steam at some point today giving Leicester a route back in to the match.  I was surprised that SFL did not make a few more changes given the midweek game, I thought Alonso would get a start as well as Willian and Rudiger/Tamori.  Emerson was superb, Willian awful when he came on and the centre of our defence played pretty well so maybe Frank got it right and the fact we have a weaker squad than normal means that when the Champions league starts and we are playing 2 games a week this sort of performance could come along all too often.

On the game today we started superbly, fell off the pace and did not perform in the 2nd half.  A draw was probably a fair result over the 90 minutes but given Leicester finished so well it is understandable that they will feel they could / should have got the win.

The defence did well for me, Zouma has put his nightmare against Utd behind him and showed a range of passing today that I was not sure he was capable of, Christensen was his usual tidy self, Dave is not the player he was 2 years ago and going forward is a liability (did he hit one decent cross) however Emerson was great again.  For me, Emerson has been one of our best players so far this season.

The midfield three was too disjointed today.  I like a midfield 3 of Kova, Jorginho and Kante.  The way that they interchanged on Wednesday was a delight.  Mount is a superb talent and did well today, but I question whether he has the tactical awareness yet defensively.  As the game wore on the midfield three looked more and more disjointed.  This could of course be down to fatigue.

Pulisic did ok but he is young and will have games where he does well and others where you would not know he was playing, today was more the later.  With Pedro you can flip a coin as to whether he is great or not, today he was not.  What he does do is work and so I can forgive him when he is off the boil although some of his decisions today in the final third did have me ripping my hair out.  That said I would pick him every day over Willian, in my head Willian is an amazing player, talented, skilful, forward thinking, in reality he is lazy, frustrating and a poor decision maker.

The biggest problem for me is up front.  I just don’t see Giroud or Tammy being the answer.  Giroud can hold up the ball but is so slow and static that we have very little threat in the box when he plays.  Tammy has improved, shows good movement and better hold up play (than a few seasons ago) but will he get us 15+ goals?  I doubt it.  Maybe Bats will do the job but the fact that SFL has not used him yet tells me he does not fancy him. 

The next three games should provide an opportunity to get some decent points on the board and take a bit of pressure off.  Whatever happens though we must stay behind Frank and the team, this season is a season of transition.  Give the younger players game time, work out who is good enough and who isn’t and next summer give Frank the opportunity to spend some money to strengthen where we are weak.

We have a well-educated, well spoken leader who is a hero to us all as our head coach with a unique opportunity to develop our youth and give them the opportunity to shine.  I pray that he and the team do well enough to keep the wolves from the door and he gets the opportunity to do his thing and bring success to our club over the long term.  There will be bumps (like today) but I have faith that he is the right man to do it given the time.

Carefree!