• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

Good first half, but we really struggled for most of the second half.  Dave was poor again at right back, but Zappacosta is certainly not the answer.  Emmerson was good again, I think the left back spot is now his own, Christeansen And Zouma could do with an experienced partner (Rudiger) with them.  Kante was as per usual excellent, Jorginho was OK, Pulisic had his moments, Mount - what a star, he could be the new Lamps.  Pedro started well but faded, Giroud was good and unfortunate to be subbed, and Abraham tried his heart out but still very raw.  As for Willian, he seemsto have lost the ability to even kick a ball straight. Despite this slow start, I am still fully behind Frank, hopefully we'll take our frustration out on on Norwich this Saturday.

COME ON YOU BLUES!

I think we need to go back to 3 in the middle, we looked so lightweight in the middle of the park yesterday. I think Lampard got it wrong when he swapped Kovacic for Jorginho, it should have been Kovacic for Pulisic and moving to a 433, IMO.

Emerson was excellent I thought, I think he'll only get better this season the more he plays.

Mount, what a player.

Tammy, looking out of his depth at the moment, as I thought would be the case.

Christensen and Zouma better, but still not amazing.

Azpi... reminds me of Ivanovic's last season.

Improvements to be made and they will come, we will get better.

We must stay behind this team, they need us!

JaneB   
3 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I spent the afternoon watching an Elvis Tribute Show anxiously wondering what was going on at the Bridge but managed to avoid the score as I wanted to watch the game after.  I had turned of my phone and radio and drove home in silence with the remains of Elvis still buzzing in my ear. Well the first 25 mins I couldn't believe we were only one nil up. However the following hour left me a bit All Shook up. It was like we hit a metaphorical wall. I Just Can't Help Believing that once the initial adrenaline of our first home game had dissipated , we had nothing but an empty tank. A combo of several not fully fit players , some coming back from injuries, 120 mins plus pens in stifling heat and a 12 hour plane journey will take its toll. The disappointment of losing the Super Cup after such an effort must also have its own psychological damage. Kante had the temerity to play like he was one player and not two, the midfield generally looks very lightweight and were too easily brushed off the ball as the game progressed. It was Always On My Mind that if we give a team that many corners while zonal marking,  sooner or later a good delivery will come in, a player will make a well timed, unchallenged run and jump and Kepa will be picking the ball out of the back of the net. I'm saying to myself  'Don't Be Cruel ' but Dave is looking a real liability. I hope he re-finds some form soon. 

And so to our forward line. I like Giroud but this is a massively long season with cup comps, CL ties, umpteen Premier league games and he's 32. Tammy is going to get lots of chances soon but he needs to realise that It's Now or Never. If he doesn't make a serious impression this season, next year we are going to spend a lot of dough and probably on a forward. But I'm still keeping the faith. On the plus side I Can't Help Falling in Love with Mason Mount. A bit more bulk, a bit more experience and we have a little gem on our hands. And when RLC comes back it will stiffen the midfield and when CHO is back we will at least have someone who can cross a ball. 

As for Lamps, this has been a real baptism of fire. United, Liverpool and a gritty well drilled Leicester. Two draws and a defeat is something to work on. I like hearing his interviews and his honest assessments. Such a pleasure not to have have it in broken English with ultra strong Italian accent as we have had for 3 years. But now it's time for Little Less Conversation and a Little More Action. He's on a steep learning curve but I think he will be just fine. I imagine him coming back out to the empty stadium when everyone had gone home and just looking around him. Remembering all those games that he won for us with his silky skills, dedication and unerring eye for a goal. The echoes of the crowd chanting his name. The illustrious team mates he played with. Everyone these days seems a pale imitation wearing a white cat suit, shades and a dodgy wig. But lets give them time. SFL now faces probably the biggest challenge of all and the learning curve is a steep one.

I imagine as he walked away, someone turned the lights out and announced "Lamps has left the building".  He'll be back for an encore or two...it's in his blood.

I appreciated your efforts!  It's The Wonder of You :-) (In The Ghetto still gives me goosebumps).

Lovely post.  Ask me what I think of Lamps as manager after one season, or even two.  As long as we finish in a respectable position, I couldn't care less.  I was watching him yesterday on the sidelines willing us to win for him but it wasn't to be.  Frank's his own man, he'll do things his way and will undoubtedly make mistakes but I'm 100% signed up to that.  It was so exciting watching Mason Mount, that's one excellent decision he's made.  

I haven't felt so protective of a manager since, well, never.

THE ONLY FAILURE IS NOT TO TRY  

Ham   

I spent the afternoon watching an Elvis Tribute Show anxiously wondering what was going on at the Bridge but managed to avoid the score as I wanted to watch the game after.  I had turned of my phone and radio and drove home in silence with the remains of Elvis still buzzing in my ear. Well the first 25 mins I couldn't believe we were only one nil up. However the following hour left me a bit All Shook up. It was like we hit a metaphorical wall. I Just Can't Help Believing that once the initial adrenaline of our first home game had dissipated , we had nothing but an empty tank. A combo of several not fully fit players , some coming back from injuries, 120 mins plus pens in stifling heat and a 12 hour plane journey will take its toll. The disappointment of losing the Super Cup after such an effort must also have its own psychological damage. Kante had the temerity to play like he was one player and not two, the midfield generally looks very lightweight and were too easily brushed off the ball as the game progressed. It was Always On My Mind that if we give a team that many corners while zonal marking,  sooner or later a good delivery will come in, a player will make a well timed, unchallenged run and jump and Kepa will be picking the ball out of the back of the net. I'm saying to myself  'Don't Be Cruel ' but Dave is looking a real liability. I hope he re-finds some form soon. 

And so to our forward line. I like Giroud but this is a massively long season with cup comps, CL ties, umpteen Premier league games and he's 32. Tammy is going to get lots of chances soon but he needs to realise that It's Now or Never. If he doesn't make a serious impression this season, next year we are going to spend a lot of dough and probably on a forward. But I'm still keeping the faith. On the plus side I Can't Help Falling in Love with Mason Mount. A bit more bulk, a bit more experience and we have a little gem on our hands. And when RLC comes back it will stiffen the midfield and when CHO is back we will at least have someone who can cross a ball. 

As for Lamps, this has been a real baptism of fire. United, Liverpool and a gritty well drilled Leicester. Two draws and a defeat is something to work on. I like hearing his interviews and his honest assessments. Such a pleasure not to have have it in broken English with ultra strong Italian accent as we have had for 3 years. But now it's time for Little Less Conversation and a Little More Action. He's on a steep learning curve but I think he will be just fine. I imagine him coming back out to the empty stadium when everyone had gone home and just looking around him. Remembering all those games that he won for us with his silky skills, dedication and unerring eye for a goal. The echoes of the crowd chanting his name. The illustrious team mates he played with. Everyone these days seems a pale imitation wearing a white cat suit, shades and a dodgy wig. But lets give them time. SFL now faces probably the biggest challenge of all and the learning curve is a steep one.

I imagine as he walked away, someone turned the lights out and announced "Lamps has left the building".  He'll be back for an encore or two...it's in his blood.

I see what you did there 😉

(Lampard) I like hearing his interviews and his honest assessments.

Very very professional - the complete opposite of Sarri.  (One of the things about talking in a newly learned language is that it is very hard to stop oneself telling the truth).

But it is getting a bit cheesy for me.  My guess is that plenty will get bored with the Lampard patter by Christmas.  We will see.

JaneB   
31 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Very very professional - the complete opposite of Sarri.  (One of the things about talking in a newly learned language is that it is very hard to stop oneself telling the truth).

But it is getting a bit cheesy for me.  My guess is that plenty will get bored with the Lampard patter by Christmas.  We will see.

Well I won't.

Give the guy a break. He's just started, he's doing his best on and off the field and he's Frank Lampard 💙

Stop finding fault everywhere 😡

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

As long as he's speaking sense and not waffling , he can talk as much as he wants. Tbh,  you know who could go on and on and on after a simple question was asked? Mourinho. I was a fan but boy, could he drone on in a post match interview. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Ah yes we all remember this

“My goal is to have fun and be competitive in all the competitions until the end,” Sarri told a news conference on Wednesday.

“If a team has fun, often the fans have fun too. This is very important. We want to reach high-level objectives, but first we must have fun.”

He must have been lying then.

And a newly learnt language ! when was that then ? when he was a banker for Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena  working around Europe inc London, Obviously a there is a great call for a Non English speaking Banker in London that was a long time before Babel fish translation services how did he cope.

2 hours ago, southcoastal said:

And a newly learnt language ! when was that then ? when he was a banker for Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena  working around Europe inc London, Obviously a there is a great call for a Non English speaking Banker in London that was a long time before Babel fish translation services how did he cope.

15 years ago when I worked for an Italian bank, it would be quite common for an Italian to be working in the London branch with little or no English.  30 years ago, when Sarri left banking it would have been the rule.

As long as he's speaking sense and not waffling , he can talk as much as he wants. Tbh,  you know who could go on and on and on after a simple question was asked? Mourinho. I was a fan but boy, could he drone on in a post match interview. 

If you have no argument, best just to spout JM abuse and wait for a reaction I guess.

Ham   
28 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

If you have no argument, best just to spout JM abuse and wait for a reaction I guess.

Abuse? How is saying that JM gave long answers abuse?

It's a fact. He did it.  It was one of his traits. 

My god you're getting more and more precious about JM by the day and it's getting a bit Waco-like. 

*Cue a stock response.