• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

paulw66   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

One is 21, the other is 33 next month.  Neither are what we want this season.  But then that is true for LB, CB2, CM3, LW, RW and possibly RB too.  An awful lot to do right now.

You're dodging the point being made though. Giroud's much superior hold up play alleviates the pressure on the rest of the team and allows us to get further up the field. 

Is he the "answer"? No. Is he the best of a poor bunch? Yes. 

Just now, paulw66 said:

You're dodging the point being made though. Giroud's much superior hold up play alleviates the pressure on the rest of the team and allows us to get further up the field. 

Is he the "answer"? No. Is he the best of a poor bunch? Yes. 

Not dodging it (when did I ever do that?), just allowing a difference of views to move along.  
Some hold up play vs having a striker who moves in the box.

34 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

One is 21, the other is 33 next month.  Neither are what we want this season.  But then that is true for LB, CB2, CM3, LW, RW and possibly RB too.  An awful lot to do right now.

Oh, do not get me wrong, the CF situation here is ridiculous. My arguement is based on what we need to do for the next few weeks to get points on the board. I also agree on the other positions, although I think Emerson and Kova may improve this year to not make LB and CM3 such an issue - although we will still need a No.8. 

On 8/15/2019 at 5:42 PM, Rob B said:

I think there will be a few question marks before Lampard decides the team for this one:

• Is Pedro reading to play again?  He's played 220 intense minutes since Sunday and has done a lot of tracking back in those games. 

You are right about pedro and minutes played.

He’s been outstanding in those matches and acting like a role model on how to give 100% for the team to the new additions in the squad  

I doff my cap to him

4 hours ago, RobertoftheGiz said:

You are right about pedro and minutes played.

He’s been outstanding in those matches and acting like a role model on how to give 100% for the team to the new additions in the squad  

I doff my cap to him

He was superb against Liverpool, mixed bag V United. I hope he gets a run against Leicester even if it is from the bench. Now Luiz has gone he is officially my favourite player.

10 hours ago, King Kante said:

I know where you are coming from Droy but I think it is also fair to say Giroud made a positive impact for us on Wednesday. Where Giroud made the difference was with his holding play, which allowed us to go long and act as a link with the AM's to bring them into the game more. This was vital as Tammy has not shown he can do this to as high a standard, which then makes the AM's less effective and also puts more pressure on the defensive players as they do not have the long out ball. 

For me, Tammy is at his best playing on the shoulder of the defenses and running in the channels rather than as a target man, think Torres rather than Drogba. This is also how Villa played him. Now I am not saying he cannot add those qualities to his game, as he can, but expecting him to do so whilst playing for a top club that has designs on a top 6 finish and has to compete in the CL is a lot. Especially as our best target men CF's in the past 20 years, Costa and Drogba, did not display such qualities consistently until they are in their mid-20's. 

This is not to be harsh on Tammy as I like him but at the same time, of all the youth players, he has the hardest job due to the lone CF role being the hardest position on the pitch to play especially as a youngester. For me, in an ideal world he would have stayed at Villa this season and come back next as that way he would have had some consistency of playing with the same players and he could have built his experience in a less pressured environment. 

Not sure thats how Lamps wants to play this year tbh. A useful plan B though, but plan A seems to be very much on the front foot. That style of football hasn't been "in fashion" last few years or so. Its all about the high press nowadays. 

Luiz just played Ashley Barnes onside for a Burnley equaliser , luckily for him everyone is blaming Guendouzi .

7 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Luiz just played Ashley Barnes onside for a Burnley equaliser , luckily for him everyone is blaming Guendouzi .

Mate, what does this have to do with this game/thread? 

JaneB   
9 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Because they're twins?  Or is that your joke?

(woops, sorry Michael)

Leo91   

Every goal Aubameyang scores is a reminder that we set the transfer in motion by loaning Dortmund Batshuayi