• Current Donation Goals

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 1 Leicester 1

On 16/08/2019 at 10:36 AM, Martin1905 said:

Difficult game, especially after Wednesday and although it sounds a bit silly it is almost a must win, if we dont the pressure on Lampard will start to build.

For me it's less Lampard, less needing a win early in the season and more that, if we are to have a decent season, the likes of Leicester at home are the games we absolutely have to win; the home fixtures against the good, better-than-the-rest PL teams. This would be just as much 'must win' if it were being played in the next few months. 

20 hours ago, Leo91 said:

Every goal Aubameyang scores is a reminder that we set the transfer in motion by loaning Dortmund Batshuayi. 

Or, by buying Batshuayi in the first place. 

I'd take what we've achieved since Arsenal signed Aubameyang over what Arsenal have achieved since they signed Aubameyang. You know who else would? Literally every Arsenal fan. 

Odd mixed feelings today about going to today's game, and neither to do with the game as such. Really, really excited about the emotional rush of seeing Lampard in the dugout, also pretty worried that VAR is going to kill my interest in being at games. Some ridiculous usages of it already in the PL and we're just a week in. 

33 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

For me it's less Lampard, less needing a win early in the season and more that, if we are to have a decent season, the likes of Leicester at home are the games we absolutely have to win; the home fixtures against the good, better-than-the-rest PL teams. This would be just as much 'must win' if it were being played in the next few months. 

Or, by buying Batshuayi in the first place. 

I'd take what we've achieved since Arsenal signed Aubameyang over what Arsenal have achieved since they signed Aubameyang. You know who else would? Literally every Arsenal fan. 

Odd mixed feelings today about going to today's game, and neither to do with the game as such. Really, really excited about the emotional rush of seeing Lampard in the dugout, also pretty worried that VAR is going to kill my interest in being at games. Some ridiculous usages of it already in the PL and we're just a week in. 

This. VAR definitely going to take some of the fun and thrill out of games through this season. Suddenly the rush you get with a last-minute winner will now be replaced with an anxious wait to see what VAR decides.

How about the winning goal that city scored yesterday, only to be chalked off for handball?

for anyone who hasn't seen it, two players went for the ball from a corner, to the naked eye the ball went between them allowing Jesus to score.. NOT ONE Tottenham player appealed for handball..

only to be disallowed by var because the ball brushed Laportes hand..

if the ball had touched the Tottenham players hand, it wouldn't have been given a penalty..how does that work?

Just now, Never happy said:

How about the winning goal that city scored yesterday, only to be chalked off for handball?

for anyone who hasn't seen it, two players went for the ball from a corner, to the naked eye the ball went between them allowing Jesus to score.. NOT ONE Tottenham player appealed for handball..

if the ball had touched the Tottenham players hand, it wouldn't have been given a penalty..how does that work?

Yes, but that.s a problem with the new handball law and not with VAR per se 

I'm going to miss this match as I'm at an Elvis Tribute Show !(and I'm not even that crazy on Elvis). I now have a dilemma. I either try and sneakily look at my phone throughout the show or I turn it off and then watch the recorded match on sky plus when I get in. But a similar thing happened for United game. I decided to go on radio silence and watch the game later. I successfully managed it the whole day. On the way home I nipped into the local chippy to get my dinner, settle down with a beer and watch the match alone. I put one foot in the chippy and the idiot behind the counter shouted "what happened to your team then?...that was a bit of a thrashing!".  I'll just go hungry this time.

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

1. For me it's less Lampard, less needing a win early in the season and more that, if we are to have a decent season, the likes of Leicester at home are the games we absolutely have to win; the home fixtures against the good, better-than-the-rest PL teams. This would be just as much 'must win' if it were being played in the next few months. 

2. Or, by buying Batshuayi in the first place. 

1. I think this is super important and something that has been missed/overlooked a little. For me, Leicester is a very difficult game today as I reckon they could break the top 6. I cannot really predict how this game will go as I can see it going any which way. As a result, I do want to see Giroud starting as he gives us a much better focal point that allows the AM's into the game more. 

2. Indeed. Bat's should never have been brought and should have been sold this summer. Next season he will have one year left and I doubt he will play much this season. For me, his signing should be lumped with those of Baka, Drinkwater and arguably Zappa (although I think Zappa has been misused.)

21 minutes ago, Never happy said:

No. The goal would have just stood. Additionally, when it happened in real time I did think there must have been an arm/deflection in there somewhere as it obviously did not hit a head. For me, the problem with VAR is not decisions like this. The problem is it not being implimented properly/in a draconian manner. By this, I mean Adrian not on his line and lino's flagging on borderline decisions instead of allowing the attack to play out - see Liverpool v Norwich. 

Jasonb   

We may be fortunate to meet Leicester this early in the season post the Harry Maguire exit. 

I think we will win, the good vibes of Lamps homecoming from the crowd will act as a catalyst for some good play and I expect us to win.

Just make it a challenge system where you have to have a specific complaint. Not a perfect solution but at least refs won’t be able to pick and choose what they look at. 

It’s certainly going to crap all over the regular match going fans. 

Massive game but I think we will win  3-2 today in a open exciting game vardy will get the first goal on a counterattack we will pull level Emerson with the the goal go 2-1 a head just before half time pulisic. They will  draw level with another mistake by passing out from the back . Abraham will come of the bench and get a late winner 

Ham   
1 minute ago, Aussie1979 said:

Massive game but I think we will win  3-2 today in a open exciting game vardy will get the first goal on a counterattack we will pull level Emerson with the the goal go 2-1 a head just before half time pulisic. They will  draw level with another mistake by passing out from the back . Abraham will come of the bench and get a late winner 

Get off the fence.  

What's your prediction?