• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

Anyone here or knows anyone involved in racially abusing Tammy after his penalty should be ashamed of themselves. Its a brave man to take the 5th penalty and this time it didn't work out but there is no place for racial abusing him for his error.

Players are accountable for their actions and rightly get stick but their colour, sexual preferences, hair colour or religion does not have to be part of it.

Grow up, I dont want you as a supporter of my club.

paulw66   
6 hours ago, exiledblue said:

Anyone here or knows anyone involved in racially abusing Tammy after his penalty should be ashamed of themselves. 

And of course nobody here does.

Would have been some kid sat in their parents living room, sending messages on social media on their phone and could have been from absolutely anywhere.

Have never been anywhere near Stamford bridge, nor been part of a platform where genuine Chelsea fans gather to exchange opinion on all things Blue.

13 hours ago, exiledblue said:

but their colour, sexual preferences, hair colour or religion does not have to be part of it.

Shouldn't be part of it, period. We're in the 21st Century ffs, and still some of us need to grow up.

Grow up, I dont want you as a supporter of my club.

Yep. These cretins of course will think that you're talking to/about somebody else. Worse, of course, is that they're teaching their kids that this is the way you behave in life, and at the football. 

Sciatika   

^ It's a question I have considered many times in the last few years. Some of the abuse towards individual players such as Willian, Alonso, Morata, etc, is shocking on Twitter. Often in reply to tweets by those players. Also, some of the comments towards players who have left are equally bad. I understand why some people are angry about Courtois, but Cech? Really? There has been an escalating spate of these tweets over the summer. If you check out @ChelseaYouth timeline, you should find some examples. I spent about an hour last night finding and reporting people who were racially abusing Tammy, but as fast as you get their accounts banned, they create new accounts and post the same vile nonsense. They mock those who report them because they know how futile it is. We probably need to get the police to investigate it more, but we are all aware of how pushed our police force is.  

I think those who tweet these things claim to be our fans and some genuinely believe it. Others not so much and see it as amusing troll-ish behaviour. Most of them come over as being very childish, though it is hard to say whether they are adult or not. Some adults come over as being very childish on Twitter. It reminds me of what happens to people who are out of control and exercising no self-discipline. If I were a player at the club, I would abandon Twitter completely. I certainly would not read it. As a club, I would consider no longer using Twitter for any official announcement (except possibly a regular one stating that the club no longer supports Twitter as a platform).

56 minutes ago, Sciatika said:

^ It's a question I have considered many times in the last few years. Some of the abuse towards individual players such as Willian, Alonso, Morata, etc, is shocking on Twitter. Often in reply to tweets by those players. Also, some of the comments towards players who have left are equally bad. I understand why some people are angry about Courtois, but Cech? Really? There has been an escalating spate of these tweets over the summer. If you check out @ChelseaYouth timeline, you should find some examples. I spent about an hour last night finding and reporting people who were racially abusing Tammy, but as fast as you get their accounts banned, they create new accounts and post the same vile nonsense. They mock those who report them because they know how futile it is. We probably need to get the police to investigate it more, but we are all aware of how pushed our police force is.  

I think those who tweet these things claim to be our fans and some genuinely believe it. Others not so much and see it as amusing troll-ish behaviour. Most of them come over as being very childish, though it is hard to say whether they are adult or not. Some adults come over as being very childish on Twitter. It reminds me of what happens to people who are out of control and exercising no self-discipline. If I were a player at the club, I would abandon Twitter completely. I certainly would not read it. As a club, I would consider no longer using Twitter for any official announcement (except possibly a regular one stating that the club no longer supports Twitter as a platform).

Yeah I’m not on Twitter. Seems like a platform for anti-intellectuals and moronic politicians who feel the need to boast their egos (but achieve the exact opposite). 

Twitter is the shadow of our civilisation. 

4 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Is it even established the person in question is a Chelsea fan? 

I've seen a few of the tweets... One was from a profile with plenty of tweets suggesting they follow us, another was clearly from someone who follows Manchester United. May be more, not on Twitter myself. 

I guess there is a question of what makes someone a 'fan' of a club, but personally I'd rather the club and supporters didn't take that approach to stuff like this. It has a distinct Liverpool vibe. 

1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

Yeah I’m not on Twitter. Seems like a platform for anti-intellectuals and moronic politicians who feel the need to boast their egos (but achieve the exact opposite). 

Twitter is the shadow of our civilisation. 

Yes... and No. Much the same with most platforms. I use Twitter, mainly for following Chelsea related things and other bits of news etc that interests me and you genuinely get some really insightful stuff on there from really good contributors, however where it seems to suffer is some of the people that respond to these people, they can be moronic idiots sadly. I've just about filtered out those I want to ignore and now have quite a decent platform for discussion on there - it's just inevitable you'll get the idiots climbing out the woodwork.

As for the comments against Tammy, it's quite simply deplorable and embarrassing. It's shameful that in 2019, we still have idiots that either believes what they're saying is right or think it's funny and ok to post, either way, they need dealing with in a lawful way. Disgusting.

2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I've seen a few of the tweets... One was from a profile with plenty of tweets suggesting they follow us, another was clearly from someone who follows Manchester United. May be more, not on Twitter myself. 

I guess there is a question of what makes someone a 'fan' of a club, but personally I'd rather the club and supporters didn't take that approach to stuff like this. It has a distinct Liverpool vibe. 

If it’s not Chelsea fans it’s absolutely ridiculous the club should take flack for it. 

Surely you are able to see that. So... What’s your point with the bolded bit? I haven’t claimed it’s fans from other clubs, I asked if it’s established it was Chelsea fans. A world of difference I’d say. 

Edited by The_Ghost

2 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

As for the comments against Tammy, it's quite simply deplorable and embarrassing. It's shameful that in 2019, we still have idiots that either believes what they're saying is right or think it's funny and ok to post, either way, they need dealing with in a lawful way. Disgusting.

Absolutely agree.  But I still don’t see how the club can be responsible for what a gang of absolute twerps are writing on a social media platform they have no control over. I’m also at loss how this can be labelled as Chelsea fans without proof they actually are. 

Lets say I open a bunch of fake accounts and start racially abusing football players masquerading as a Liverpool fan. Is it fair Liverpool as a club or fan base should be getting flack for that? Plus, Twitter is a global platform. The club have no way of influencing people residing outside of the UK and nor should they. 

If it’s anyone responsibility it’s Twitter and the law enforcement. 

But knowing how disgusting Google and Facebook are, I’m sure Twitter aren’t much better. Only interested in making money by monetising your data flows and offering no protection whatsoever to individuals.