• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

2 hours ago, Jasonb said:

My recollection in that first season was that he was falling over at any opportunity. 

The belief was that Terry had a quiet word with him.

The subsequent seasons he was much better.

It is wonderful the stories that arise to explain how something that never happened suddenly stopped.  

Ham   

Anyone who denies that Drogba was a theatrical diver and play actor when he first came here is deluded. 

When the Stamford Bridge fans turned on him he soon stopped.  It was similar to what Morata got last season when he got touched in the back by the CB and went down week after week.  

Sciatika   

I used to watch a lot of youth games and I remember the discussion of whether it was Tammy or Dom Solanke that would make it to the first team. At the time, I remember thinking that Tammy seemed a bit less coordinated as if he had not got used to his legs. Dom looked more like the finished article. I still think Solanke is a decent player, but I think Tammy may become a great one.

13 minutes ago, Ham said:

Anyone who denies that Drogba was a theatrical diver and play actor when he first came here is deluded. 

Went down easy? Yes

Theatrical? Yes

Diver? No

For someone that has such a terrible reputation of diving its interesting there is literally nothing on YouTube. 

46 minutes ago, Ham said:

When the Stamford Bridge fans turned on him he soon stopped.  It was similar to what Morata got last season when he got touched in the back by the CB and went down week after week.  

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

It is wonderful the stories that arise to explain how something that never happened suddenly stopped.  

37 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

For someone that has such a terrible reputation of diving its interesting there is literally nothing on YouTube. 

Indeed.  I just looked at the first clip on googling "Drogba dives".
I'd forgotten just how bad the sports presenters used to be at interpreting penalties and fouls.

3 incidents, Arsenal, Arsenal Drogba.  They suggest they no, no, no and go on about Drogba diving.

Judge for yourself:

PS don't look at the front screenshot for the clip, it kind of gives it away.

Ham   

I like how easily people can separate "going down easily" and "theatrically" from diving. 

"There was contact" is a BS excuse for diving.  See Mane. 

Watching that clip the defender clearly shoves Drogba in the back which is a foul however easily the forward goes down. I actually dont think he went down particularly theatrically there. Either way it was a foul and a penalty.

44 minutes ago, Ham said:

I like how easily people can separate "going down easily" and "theatrically" from diving. 

Big difference and whether or not you agree with it, and I absolutely hate it, that's modern day football. 

1 minute ago, fillerywhereru said:

Watching that clip the defender clearly shoves Drogba in the back which is a foul however easily the forward goes down. I actually dont think he went down particularly theatrically there. Either way it was a foul and a penalty.

And unanimity on the panel that it was a dive and that the ref got conned.
The second one I thought was the same - a VAR penalty (which is not the same as "all refs in 2013 would give that") the panel called that a dive.
The first one was a blatant dive, they barely discussed it.

5 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed.  I just looked at the first clip on googling "Drogba dives".
I'd forgotten just how bad the sports presenters used to be at interpreting penalties and fouls.

3 incidents, Arsenal, Arsenal Drogba.  They suggest they no, no, no and go on about Drogba diving.

Judge for yourself:

PS don't look at the front screenshot for the clip, it kind of gives it away.

You see a panel of absolute bellends talk about Liverpool that way? No. No way. 

The only penalty in those clips where the foul on Drogba yet that’s the one that’s a dive???