• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

16 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

You see a panel of absolute bellends talk about Liverpool that way? No. No way. 

The only penalty in those clips where the foul on Drogba yet that’s the one that’s a dive??? 

To be fair they thought all 3 were dives, and I thought the 2nd one could have been a pen.
They concentrated on Drogba because that was the one actually given and against the English team (I guess Drogba was playing for a Turkish team at the time with Turk Telecom on his shirt).
But absolute bellends they were.  Proof positive that sticking a couple of people in a tin can with video feeds does not lead to better decisions.

On 10/10/2019 at 7:36 PM, The_Ghost said:

You see a panel of absolute bellends talk about Liverpool that way? No. No way. 

The only penalty in those clips where the foul on Drogba yet that’s the one that’s a dive??? 

To be honest, I do not think any of those are penalties but they are all more of a penalty than Mane's last week. 

36 minutes ago, King Kante said:

To be honest, I do not think any of those are penalties but they are all more of a penalty than Mane's last week. 

So you really have to question the wisdom of the Arsenal defender who put two hands on Drogba's back and did not push.

4 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

So you really have to question the wisdom of the Arsenal defender who put two hands on Drogba's back and did not push.

Football is a contact sport. I think defenders have the right to try and nudge/push the attacker to a certain degree without being penalised with a penalty.  It was like Tammy's header against Norwich, technically that pull should have been given as a foul but instead it is seen as canny CF play. 

Edited by King Kante

57 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Football is a contact sport. I think defenders have the right to try and nudge/push the attacker to a certain degree without being penalised with a penalty.  It was like Tammy's header against Norwich, technically that pull should have been given as a foul but instead it is seen as canny CF play. 

Well it is a risk worth taking - especially when the clip was made.  But my question is slightly different.  If he puts both hands on Drogba and pushes, he has to take the risk that a ref might or might not give it and the reward is he might avoid a goal.  If he puts both hands on and doesn't push, that is all the risk and no reward.  Either he was incredibly daft or perhaps he did push a bit.