• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

Pogba apparently getting racist abuse now for missing a penalty.

37 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

The case that always interested me was the Anders Fisk incident (the ref in infamous Barca game with dressing room incident). He received death threats from "Chelsea supporters" through email and I think direct phone calls. He subsequently retired from football, our name was dragged through the mud, we were called the enemy of football bla bla bla. And yet no one was ever brought to book.

No - least of all Frisk.
He was clearly in the wrong.  He stopped reffing soon after with no UEFA charge against him.
Much like Graham Poll  and Clattenberg who both suddenly left reffing 6 months after their appalling (and dangerous) displays in Chelsea games.
There clean exits were smoothed over by a dishonest FA.

Meanwhile the talk was all about Chelsea!

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pogba apparently getting racist abuse now for missing a penalty.

No - least of all Frisk.
He was clearly in the wrong.  He stopped reffing soon after with no UEFA charge against him.
Much like Graham Poll  and Clattenberg who both suddenly left reffing 6 months after their appalling (and dangerous) displays in Chelsea games.
There clean exits were smoothed over by a dishonest FA.

Meanwhile the talk was all about Chelsea!

You''ll have to jog my memory about the Poll game. Was it at WHL?

Chris Foy's reffing at QPR (when the JT-Ferdinand incident took place) was another shocker, but sadly didn't see him retire straight afterwards.

7 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

You''ll have to jog my memory about the Poll game. Was it at WHL?

Chris Foy's reffing at QPR (when the JT-Ferdinand incident took place) was another shocker, but sadly didn't see him retire straight afterwards.

Famous for JT being sent off by Poll, and more remarkably, Maka scoring.
It wasn't just the sending off of JT for no apparent reason (though Chimbonda's angry antics suggest he had an opinion).  It was a stream of biased decisions all the way through.

Poll went at the end of the season a few years early.  He had also committed the 3 card trick in the WC2006 by booking a player 3 times before sending him off.  Just after retiring he bragged about how SAF had called him on his personal number at the start of the 2006 season to say "don't worry, we all know you are a great ref".  
Nobody ever asked how a PL manager got his private phone number.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Famous for JT being sent off by Poll, and more remarkably, Maka scoring.
It wasn't just the sending off of JT for no apparent reason (though Chimbonda's angry antics suggest he had an opinion).  It was a stream of biased decisions all the way through.

Poll went at the end of the season a few years early.  He had also committed the 3 card trick in the WC2006 by booking a player 3 times before sending him off.  Just after retiring he bragged about how SAF had called him on his personal number at the start of the 2006 season to say "don't worry, we all know you are a great ref".  
Nobody ever asked how a PL manager got his private phone number.

Yes, I remember that game, which (like the QPR game I mentioned) also sparked false allegations of JT racially abusing an opponent, that time Lesley King. I have a vague memory of Poll saying our players needed to be taught a lesson , as he felt we were getting too big for our boots - I'll try and find it.

Here he is admitting being biased towards teams and players who were nice to him

Now we have the complete footballer [Stevie Me]who not only has all the playing attributes anyone would love to have but also the knowledge of the Laws and exactly how far he can push them and the referee on the day.

I think that is intelligent play and I admire it rather than condemn it; more players should try being pleasant to referees and see how they react.

There is never a conscious desire to give decisions to any team or player but human nature is such that we tend to treat others as we are treated ourselves.

think Steven certainly got the benefit of my doubt on many occasions when I was refereeing him due to his attitude

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/graham-polls-official-line-stevie-g-shows-the-way-to-be-7242135.html

Edited by Backbiter

Here's the report on Poll saying he wanted to 'Teach us a lesson'. Our players were obviously seething at the way he reffed us that day. I think it was the fallout over this that led to Poll retiring, as he felt the FA didn't support him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fa-studies-claim-that-poll-picked-on-chelsea-423368.html

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

Here's the report on Poll saying he wanted to 'Teach us a lesson'. Our players were obviously seething at the way he reffed us that day. I think it was the fallout over this that led to Poll retiring, as he felt the FA didn't support him.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/fa-studies-claim-that-poll-picked-on-chelsea-423368.html

Yes.  My take was slightly different,  that he "retired" because the FA did support him.  That is they told both Poll and Chelsea that they would let it slide, but Poll had to resign at the end of the year.

It now appears that Paul Pogba has received racist abuse after his penalty miss.  Maybe as its now United someone might raise the possibility that these messages could be from trolls out to make certain clubs supporters look bad. Surely no one can deny that this is a possibility ( until they catch one my mind is open to this). 

Ham   

It does seem a bit conspiratorial that in one week, three black players have received Klan level racist advise on twitter for penalty misses.

These comments are so overtly racist, bordering on 1970s language, that you just have to wonder...... 🤔

Just seems a bit coordinated.

Edited by Ham

Zidane   
7 hours ago, Ham said:

It does seem a bit conspiratorial that in one week, three black players have received Klan level racist advise on twitter for penalty misses.

These comments are so overtly racist, bordering on 1970s language, that you just have to wonder...... 🤔

Just seems a bit coordinated.

Yeah, it's almost as if there are loads of racists with internet access. 

Ham   
54 minutes ago, Zidane said:

Yeah, it's almost as if there are loads of racists with internet access. 

Don't get me wrong. We all know that there are but there's a striking similarity between these 3 incidents which almost looks coordinated.

Stranger things have happened.