• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

Recommended Posts

Sciatika   

Maybe, but it is almost impossible to tell the difference between coordination and uncoordinated actions. It might be the same people or some kind of copy-cat. But it could simply be the result of common causes without an explicit connection. Weyland argued that the Arab Spring or the 1848 revolutions were the consequences of what he calls ‘the cognitive heuristics of bounded rationality’. He is saying that in the event of common causes, common results can be seen even without an explicit connection between them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ham said:

It does seem a bit conspiratorial that in one week, three black players have received Klan level racist advise on twitter for penalty misses.

These comments are so overtly racist, bordering on 1970s language, that you just have to wonder...... 🤔

Just seems a bit coordinated.

 

It's not all happened in one week. 

It happens every week and it's got people's attention this week. 

I'd not advise you to Google racially abusive terms alongside black footballer's names because frankly it's depressing, but the results are there. 

If there is a 'conspiracy', or rather something oddly systematic about how this is being spoken about of late, it is precisely the 'how this is being spoken about' bit and not the 'it's happening' bit that's coordinated. 

3 hours ago, Zidane said:

Yeah, it's almost as if there are loads of racists with internet access. 

:) 

Edited by thevelourfog

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sciatika said:

Maybe, but it is almost impossible to tell the difference between coordination and uncoordinated actions. It might be the same people or some kind of copy-cat. But it could simply be the result of common causes without an explicit connection. Weyland argued that the Arab Spring or the 1848 revolutions were the consequences of what he calls ‘the cognitive heuristics of bounded rationality’. He is saying that in the event of common causes, common results can be seen even without an explicit connection between them.

I think we all know who caused the Arab Spring.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
46 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think we all know who caused the Arab Spring.  

Was it Chelsea fans?

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ham said:

Was it Chelsea fans?

Techcamp amongst others.  They certainly took enough credit for it afterwards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

I'd not advise you to Google racially abusive terms alongside black footballer's names because frankly it's depressing, but the results are there. 

I don't doubt that. I googled 'Seagull eating Rabbit' the other day and there was a clip of that happening. The more interesting question is how often do fans racially abuse their own players? Knowing how that particular accusation will  reinforce the popular notion that most Chelsea fans are racists, which if done on a regular basis might affect our overall image as a club and even make some black players think twice about signing for us, could it not be a "tactic"? Lamps has to stand there and say how much he deplores it, the club says they are doing their best to root it out and has to look very proactive (they banned a bunch of fans recently for shouting in a aggressive way...no evidence of racism) and all the while a few blokes are tittering in the shadows at the reaction they managed to get.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

The more interesting question is how often do fans racially abuse their own players? 

To you maybe, but not to me. I'm not at all bothered by what, if I'm honest, is to me the petty business of which fan base 'deserves' a reputation and who might try to engineer such a reputation taking hold. What does bother me is what it is like to be on the receiving end of abuse, whatever the motivation, inclination or identity of the abuser. My expectation is that it is fair more painful to be on the end of any racial abuse or discrimination than it is to have a load of idiots in a statium, pub or online forum assume you're a racist. The latter has only ever caused me the slightest and very easily ignored inconvenience. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
17 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

1) To you maybe, but not to me. I'm not at all bothered by what, if I'm honest, is to me the petty business of which fan base 'deserves' a reputation and who might try to engineer such a reputation taking hold. What does bother me is what it is like to be on the receiving end of abuse, whatever the motivation, inclination or identity of the abuser.

 

2) My expectation is that it is fair more painful to be on the end of any racial abuse or discrimination than it is to have a load of idiots in a statium, pub or online forum assume you're a racist. The latter has only ever caused me the slightest and very easily ignored inconvenience. 

1) We get it.  You're the most "woke" member on here and that's commendable but I don't accept that someone potentially attempting to engineer a false picture of racism in a particular fanbase would be a "petty business", whether that's Chelsea or otherwise. 

2) Goes without saying unless one party was told by the media that he'd been racially abused and the other was Colin Wing.  Whose life was destroyed and who achieved sainthood?

It's important in these politically correct times that there is some scepticism and balance. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now