• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

Recommended Posts

Ham   

Watch this space. 

Some of the worst tweets have already been proven to have come from rival fans pretending to be disgruntled fans after a penalty miss.

Some, against Pogba, which I won't share because of the content, are almost certainly from a black Liverpool fan, given previous linked Twitter accounts.  He/she clearly has multiple accounts for different purposes.

I've said it before but the sheer number of ultra racist tweets seconds after a penalty, using a very similar deep south KKK style wording, is very suspicious to say the least. Yes there are racist tweets every day regardless, but not in the pattern of the past couple of weeks since Tammy.

I get the point being made by TVF but there's a possibility that we needn't even have been having this specific conversation in the past week but for unscrupulous types looking to either discredit others or create a discussion.

Think about how social media was used by pro-leave or by the Trump campaign and tell me what I'm posting is not possible/probable.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Ham said:

Think about how social media was used by pro-leave or by the Trump campaign and tell me what I'm posting is not possible/probable.  

now come on - pro Leave and Trump social media was successful because of the message, nothing else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

now come on - pro Leave and Trump social media was successful because of the message, nothing else.

No.  Because of the fake message.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
2 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

I think you have sunk yourself into the "resistance" pit for sore losers.

You're clearly not reading mine or Nobly's posts in full.  

I'll leave it there because I've made my point and don't want to bore people. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Ham said:

Watch this space. 

Some of the worst tweets have already been proven to have come from rival fans pretending to be disgruntled fans after a penalty miss.

Some, against Pogba, which I won't share because of the content, are almost certainly from a black Liverpool fan, given previous linked Twitter accounts.  He/she clearly has multiple accounts for different purposes.

I've said it before but the sheer number of ultra racist tweets seconds after a penalty, using a very similar deep south KKK style wording, is very suspicious to say the least. Yes there are racist tweets every day regardless, but not in the pattern of the past couple of weeks since Tammy.

I get the point being made by TVF but there's a possibility that we needn't even have been having this specific conversation in the past week but for unscrupulous types looking to either discredit others or create a discussion.

Think about how social media was used by pro-leave or by the Trump campaign and tell me what I'm posting is not possible/probable.  

Of course, this is the most logical explanation. 

Not surprised. 

Do you have any links to the info regarding that tweets have been proven to come from some other source?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ham   
3 hours ago, The_Ghost said:

Of course, this is the most logical explanation. 

Not surprised. 

Do you have any links to the info regarding that tweets have been proven to come from some other source?

I'm not saying it's the most logical explanation. I'm saying that a lot of the tweets can be discredited. In twitter, try using the search function for keywords and see how many offensive tweets using the N word against Pogba and Rashford, for example, come from what appear to be black people. And I'm not talking about using the word in a reclaiming sense either. Pure vicious racist rants. 

The headline is bad but people need to delve deeper sometimes as the likes of Sky and the BBC are very lazy. 

The Liverpool fan I've highlighted was outed by numerous Man U fans who delved a little deeper.  

 

 

 

20190826_095121.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Ham said:

Watch this space. 

Some of the worst tweets have already been proven to have come from rival fans pretending to be disgruntled fans after a penalty miss.

 

Never been a moments doubt about this and the press lap it up with us given we have history of it in their eyes.

I am however sure we have some moronic fans who join in. I dont get that because if you were so racist you would have stopped supporting our team a long time ago given the number of non white players we have had over the years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasonb   
4 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Never been a moments doubt about this and the press lap it up with us given we have history of it in their eyes.

I am however sure we have some moronic fans who join in. I dont get that because if you were so racist you would have stopped supporting our team a long time ago given the number of non white players we have had over the years.

Yes we do or did and some might still claim Chelsea allegiance despite being banned.

In the 90s three of us went into a pub near Anfield with broken bottles outside though no trouble inside yet there was a table of three fans quietly and melodiously singing songs about gassing the Jews and they were Chelsea. It was insidious.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 2:01 PM, thevelourfog said:

if I disagree or think you have it wrong. And when you do the same to me, I'll take it for what it is rather than unfairly framing you as censoring me. 

Well there's a lot in that short sentence. I'm perfectly happy to be told by anyone that I'm wrong but we are not discussing Kante's best footballing position here, we are talking about racism, and if you tell me in a post that I seem more concerned about my own sensitivities than that of racist victims then I am going to react to it because you are 'unfairly framing' me in a fairly offensive way. Personally I think you could have stopped and thought before you insinuate something like that because in a way it is censuring me by trying to shame me. And no, I would hope I wouldn't do the same to you. I was not competing to see who was more sensitive or had a bigger moral conscience . Not one person on the this forum (I would hope) feels anything but abhorrence at some of this stuff delivered to Chelsea and Man United players.... a sentence like " go back to picking cotton you chimney sweep f....... n.....r" , is the kind of stuff we are dealing with here, but the shock and the outrage is the oxygen this kind of person thrives on and the more attention they get the better.  CFCnet could write an open letter containing our views on racism representing all our members views (maybe you could write it) but what would achieve with regards to these tweets? Nothing is the answer. 

My thoughts were that finding this person, exposing them as racists, exposing them as trolls, taking them through the courts (best case scenario) or least letting them know that we are aware of their intentions and what they are up to and then maybe to expect a knock on the door soon. This is the way to stop it....outrage for all its good intentions won't do it.   Build a profile, use every bit of technology available, then name shame and prosecute. It can be done (if this was a tweet from a serial killer he'd be in the nick by now)... and they may well all be Chelsea fans in which case we can all feel collectively ashamed. But if it proved to be a 14 year old kid on his computer from Hull seeing how much attention he could get, or a trolls using bots to retweet (we know some of the profile pictures were of black faces so fake accounts is a given), or a West Ham fan who wants  perpetuate the myth that we are all racists on the west side of town,  then I would look at this incident with a different eyes and maybe Tammy and other black Chelsea players would too (but I can't speak for them). With yourself, I do appreciate now that these different (but possible) scenarios are pretty much irrelevant and the language used is the only thing that needs to be looked at and condemned. I have no problem with that point of view at all and I'm sure many would agree with you.  I hope I can look at the wider picture without accusation.          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now