• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

Tammy Abraham

19 hours ago, Ham said:

I don't know whether anyone has noticed but Sky have completely moved on from this issue and I think that's almost certainly because, and having delved deeper, they've discovered that there's less to the story than they first anticipated.

Yesterday, and as part of their ongoing "tackling racism" campaign they had moved onto the incredibly low percentage of Asian (Indian/Pakistani/Bangladeshi etc) professional footballers in the UK. 

The true genesis of these tweets really should be a story but in order to cover that they'd firstly need to admit that they got it massively wrong in the first place by not verifying the story before running with massive headlines. 

You seem to think that the “liberal” leftist media need to do research in order to run with things. 

How misguided. They print what they want. Regardless of its accuracy. Been happening for decades and will keep happening as long as people buy that ****. Fake news has been around for a long time. The ones who complain about it now, invented it decades ago. 

• Like 1

Jasonb   
21 hours ago, paulw66 said:

That doesn't prove who you are. 

I can go on hotmail, gmail, outlook whatever, create an email address in the name of "John Smith", where I don't have to give my physical address or any personal data. There is no verification process that I am who I say I am. With that email, I can create a Twitter, Facebook and Instagram account, free to post vile abuse at my own will without detection. 

If the user doesn't provide any personal data, the companies are reliant on an IP address, which is only of use if they have no VPN. 

What socail media companies should do, is what some betting websites are now doing, where in order to register an account, you have to send them a scanned passport or drivers licence. That would provide an identity trail. 

I thought you had to give bonafide addresses on websites yet I have seen betting companies asking for passport details that did surprise me. I could understand if you were making large bets (money laundering risk) yet for all customers seems overkill.

And now apparently Zouma is the latest to receive Twitter racist abuse. I notice that SSN didn't claim it was from Chelsea supporters this time but rather went out of their way to say the " Frank Lampard when questioned, has confirmed that Zouma has received Twitter abuse". I was curious as to why they would ask Frank Lampard? Taking into account that its been established some previous abuse was from rival supporters ,does Frank have more knowledge on this than anyone else, or can anybody just log on and see the abuse.....that is the nature of social media is it not? Maybe just hoping to see Frank squirm at bit more. It would be interesting to see the reaction if the next 'racist abuser' claims to be a regular watcher and supporter of SSN. 

I see today that Gary Lineker and a bunch of other celebrities are refusing to publicize or engage with on line trolls because some "think tank" has come to the conclusion that they are organised groups with disgusting ideologys just seeking attention and oxygen by focusing on famous high profile people and hoping to get a reaction....No shitsherlock!

Let's see if media and Gary L continue to highlight racist tweets from "alleged " Chelsea fans against their own players. They can't be trolls can they??? just Chelsea racists I expect. 

On 16/09/2019 at 11:23 AM, NoblyBobly said:

I see today that Gary Lineker and a bunch of other celebrities are refusing to publicize or engage with on line trolls because some "think tank" has come to the conclusion that they are organised groups with disgusting ideologys just seeking attention and oxygen by focusing on famous high profile people and hoping to get a reaction....No shitsherlock!

Let's see if media and Gary L continue to highlight racist tweets from "alleged " Chelsea fans against their own players. They can't be trolls can they??? just Chelsea racists I expect. 

It was pretty clear from day one that’s what happened. 

Ham   
1 hour ago, The_Ghost said:

It was pretty clear from day one that’s what happened. 

Which is why Sky and the BBC dropped the campaign within days and moved on to other aspects of racism including the lack of British Asian footballers. 

As I gaze into my crystal ball I see something emerging...what is it?? 

Oh yes it's racist twitter abuse from alleged 'Chelsea fans' aimed at Ross Barcley for missing a pen. Sure as night follows day it will come (well as soon as they've figured out he's mixed race it will come).

Edited by NoblyBobly

paulw66   

Can we change this thread, to just "Tammy Abraham".....

Just wanted to comment at how effing brilliant he has been. Sunday, another different type of goal. He seems to have really added to his game this year. At Bristol City and Villa, he looked like a very good tap-in marchant, but the 2 goals at Norwich, his hat trick goal at Wolves, and his goal at Southampton have all shown different attributes I didn't know he had, and we hadn't seen before. 

It seems daft to say but I will now be disappointed if he doesn't reach 20 goals this season

• Like 1

Jasonb   
3 hours ago, paulw66 said:

Other points valid yet the above certainly makes sense.

On 07/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, paulw66 said:

Just wanted to comment at how effing brilliant he has been. Sunday, another different type of goal. He seems to have really added to his game this year. At Bristol City and Villa, he looked like a very good tap-in marchant, but the 2 goals at Norwich, his hat trick goal at Wolves, and his goal at Southampton have all shown different attributes I didn't know he had, and we hadn't seen before. 

It seems daft to say but I will now be disappointed if he doesn't reach 20 goals this season

Yes, Tammy has been great and at just 22 he is proving that he is capable of playing for a club like us which is a very good feat and one that I was hopeful of when when watching him in the development teams. 

However, I am not certain at this point if he will be our CF1 once we can sign players. The reason I say this is that he still hasn't done anything in the big games and all his goals have come in games against teams we already knew he would score against. I know this sounds incredibly harsh, and it is, but if you want to be a CF1 for a team that wants to compete in the top 4 and beyond, you have to do it in the big games. Drogba and Costa where text book examples of this. 

That said, I do see him being here a long time and being a successful player for us, while the only big games he has played in came pretty quickly. However, I think with all the young boys, we need to take in more games and see how they deal with down moments before we can say that they are ready to be Chelsea players long term.