• Current Donation Goals

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Norwich City at Carrow Road, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 12:30, Saturday 24th August, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Norwich, despite a few other qualities, cannot defend to save their lives. Best chance yet to successfully implement the 'kill the game in the first 25 minutes' plan. 

38 minutes ago, thevelourfog said:

Norwich, despite a few other qualities, cannot defend to save their lives. Best chance yet to successfully implement the 'kill the game in the first 25 minutes' plan. 

That may be true, but what is also true is that they create a lot of chances.

Edited by King Kante

Rob B   
12 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Norwich, despite a few other qualities, cannot defend to save their lives. 

Either can we unfortunately! 

Edited by Rob B

15 hours ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Where will the goals come from though? That's my big concern at the moment.

Pretty much everyone's concern heading into the season as well. But what we know for certain is that Giroud wont cut it. IMO Lamps' best shot is to stick with Abraham and hope for the best.

Sciatika   

Michy scored a brace in PL2 last night so he also needs to be rotated.

We need to not just win this one but win this one convincingly and the same with the next one. If we can go into the International break on the back of 2 convincing wins, where some of Lampards idea's start to show signs of working, then I think that will calm a lot of people down. We should hopefully be back after the international break with more players fit and Lampard and his team will have had time to sit down and asses properly where things haven't gone quite right in those first few games and how we need to adjust to fix things etc. We also have 2 very tricky games after the international break, so we need to get maximum points before them (Wolves (a) and Liverpool (h)).

For the Norwich game, I think we might see Rudiger come off the bench as we ease him back into the first team. I think we should go back to 3 midfielders or maybe even a diamond, we look much stronger like that IMO and it allows us to control the game much more. I think Pedro probably needs a rest and I'm not sure Willian is up to fitness to start yet, so may have to be Mount and Pulisic starting. The concern with the team below will again be the goals and where they may come from. I would expect/hope we'll start with something like this:

Kepa

Azpi   Christensen   Rudiger   Emerson

Jorginho
Kante       Kovacic
Mount

Pulisic
Tammy   

Subs: Caballero, Rudiger, Alonso, Barkley, Pedro, Willian, Giroud