• Current Donation Goals

36 minutes ago, southcoastal said:

2 good goals highlighting how much he needs good service

I have just read that he has now scored more PL goals than Higuain and, how long did it take Torres to get going ? Hope yet !

Higuain got 5 in 13 starts - no disgrace.  Giroud got 2 in 7 last season and 3 in 6 the year before.

Tammy is great, and I have been saying he is my favourite of the youngsters to really be a star with us, so I'm pleased.

24 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

I think there probably is an agenda there. But not necessarily an anti-Chelsea one. It's a pro-VAR/pro-officiating one. They've likely been briefed to justify the decisions at all costs. Walton's going to defend it and I imagine we'll be seeing a lot more of that over the course of the season. 

Well that is certainly Walton's agenda, and BT's and especially Sky's.  My guess is that Chris Sutton won't be co-com ever again.  He seems to be barely aware of the rules...

JaneB   
4 minutes ago, Holymoly said:

Based on the standard we saw today I'm thinking even Frank's goal in the WC would have been agreed as not being over the line.

😂 Well indeed.

VAR is not to be trusted 😡

7 minutes ago, jangz said:

I thought this Norwich team were very poor no bite in the midfield.. and there were goals for the taking for anyone who would gamble..

I thought the opposite.
H1 we slugged it out like heavy weight pros and it was 2-2, a silly way for the better side to fight against a big hitter.
H2 they took a breather and we committed up front less (FBs especially).  As a result we had consistent attacks and won the ball back v quickly.  H2 was the way for us to play Norwich.

3 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Higuain got 5 in 13 starts - no disgrace.  Giroud got 2 in 7 last season and 3 in 6 the year before.

Tammy is great, and I have been saying he is my favourite of the youngsters to really be a star with us, so I'm pleased.

Well that is certainly Walton's agenda, and BT's and especially Sky's.  My guess is that Chris Sutton won't be co-com ever again.  He seems to be barely aware of the rules...

I stand corrected :) Given how poor some or even most of our strikers have been  in the last decade then he has a low bar to surpass most of them, just wait till he hits 10 !

JaneB   
49 minutes ago, Bridge Soldier said:

Have to say, quickly developing a great affection for Daniel Farke. What a lovely voice he has. 

He looks as if he should be in GOT although I'm the only person on the planet who's never watched it. Cool name too.

However, no idea what he was going on about at the end 🤔

1 hour ago, Bison said:

I don't have an agenda - I just think he's rubbish and proves me right every time he plays football. He is one braindead footballer and nowhere near good enough - even for a transfer banned Chelsea team short on senior players. Mount, who is 6 years his junior, is lightyears ahead of him.

I think Mount embarrassed Barkley today. Excellent delivery, engineered and took a chance brilliantly, pressed and harried even when left alone by his team mates. He wasn't perfect, but he made things count. 

Anything that went through Barkley broke down. 

Mount is ending Barkley's career here. He's doing it very quickly, too. 

My thoughts on that

- Tammy! YES! So pleased for him and have to say, both goals were very well taken. Good signs.

- Mount really good again, got a bit quieter in the second half, but he's a talent.

- Emerson solid again.

- Azpilicueta improved today, which was good to see.

- Jorginho poor, people just float past him. Can see him being the one missing out soon if Frank sticks with 2 in the middle.

- Kovacic looks better already this season, some of his runs forward are impressive.

- Barkley was poor today, he did a few good bits, but I think we have to take in to account he was only called into the team at the last minute.

- Pulisic quieter today, but still showing good signs.

- Zouma and Christensen... both desperately need to play alongside a better and experienced defender that can talk them through the game at times. It's a worry.

- Kepa could have done better for the second IMO

- Referee and VAR, I don't even know where to start, it's just an absolute joke.

Delighted over the win, raging over VAR. I mean, before we could always argue that it was genuine mistakes by the ref. We can’t use that excuse now. Now there’s only two left - utter incompetence or corruption. Most likely a combination of both. 

Kick it out. 

1 hour ago, thevelourfog said:

I think Mount embarrassed Barkley today. Excellent delivery, engineered and took a chance brilliantly, pressed and harried even when left alone by his team mates. He wasn't perfect, but he made things count. 

Anything that went through Barkley broke down. 

Mount is ending Barkley's career here. He's doing it very quickly, too. 

The Kovacic or Barkley or RLC conundrum appears to be over - though some caution has to be shown after just 2 or 3 games.

I've been quietly impressed by Pulisic too - much more of a team player than I expected.  He seems very aware of where others are.

31 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

Delighted over the win, raging over VAR. I mean, before we could always argue that it was genuine mistakes by the ref. We can’t use that excuse now. Now there’s only two left - utter incompetence or corruption. Most likely a combination of both. 

Kick it out. 

Quite.  And now it is deliberate errors by 3 or so refs and the lying Walton back in the BT studio.  Not one ref giving 6 wrong decisions in a row to one side, but 4 refs or ex-refs giving 24 decisions wrongly to one side.

People talking about VAR but what put me over the edge was Atkinson not giving a yellow card for the clearest yellow card of the century. Appalling. 

• Like 1