• Current Donation Goals

4 hours ago, JaneB said:

😂 Well indeed.

VAR is not to be trusted 😡

There's nothing wrong with the use of the technology. On the contrary it would be very valuable indeed.

It's the method of implementation that needs changing.

JaneB   
6 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

There's nothing wrong with the use of the technology. On the contrary it would be very valuable indeed.

Indeed, that's what I meant 😀

1 minute ago, JaneB said:

Indeed, that's what I meant 😀

Sorry. We're in absolute agreement then!

I wasn't able to watch the game today, but it seems to have been another of the same style? We're really bright and exciting in attack, but alas riddled with insecurity defensively, yes?

Really pleased for Tammy today and Mount just seems to go from strength to strength!

Leo91   

We're waited for a day like ever since I could remember. Too long we've seen rivals blood in youth and win them games while we twiddle our thumbs with excuses to why we can't. 

JaneB   
14 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Sorry. We're in absolute agreement then!

I wasn't able to watch the game today, but it seems to have been another of the same style? We're really bright and exciting in attack, but alas riddled with insecurity defensively, yes?

Really pleased for Tammy today and Mount just seems to go from strength to strength!

Surprisingly yes 😉

I get in a complete muddle about when VAR is used, when can the ref be overruled and all that stuff.

I don't necessarily subscribe to conspiracy theories, which I know you don't like, but honestly today was appalling from our POV.

Exactly re: our attack and defence. Great game for the neutrals!!

Yes and especially pleased for Frank who is giving them a chance. 

22 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

We're waited for a day like ever since I could remember. Too long we've seen rivals blood in youth and win them games while we twiddle our thumbs with excuses to why we can't. 

Think we've been watching different teams because I've been watching rivals play kids and win nothing or spend hundreds of millions to overtake us. All the while, might I add, while we win trophies. 

Today was nice. 

21 minutes ago, Leo91 said:

Who are you talking about?  Arsenal?  
Does City have any Academy player playing regularly?  Spurs has Kane and occasionally Winks - anyone else.  City?  Man U tried dozens of young players pre-JM, only Rashford was any good.

38 minutes ago, PeteRobbo said:

Nope.  It is the implementors that need changing.  Unfortunately they are the same people that were reffing in the past.

8 minutes ago, JaneB said:

I get in a complete muddle about when VAR is used, when can the ref be overruled and all that stuff.

So either the commentators are particularly stupid, or you and I are particularly stupid, or the rules don't make sense or most likely no one sticks to the rules because sticking to the rules is not the point.

A much-needed win. Three cracking goals, a penalty not given, and a goal chalked off dubiously. We deserved a bigger margin overall. Even so, our defending didn’t inspire much confidence in the first half. Probably because we missed Kante.

Some promising signs. Abraham and Mount will only benefit from playing regularly. Kovacic did well alongside Jorginho and only lacks a cutting edge in the final third. Pulisic was tidy and confident but faded. Zouma seems to have settled down after an erratic start. 

Should be interesting once we get Rudiger, Kante, Hudson-Odoi, Loftus-Cheek, Reece James fit and in contention. That’s probably four first-team starters currently missing. 

Too early to judge. But my biggest fear that goals will completely dry up without Hazard, might not be such an issue. 

Leo91   
2 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Think we've been watching different teams because I've been watching rivals play kids and win nothing or spend hundreds of millions to overtake us. All the while, might I add, while we win trophies. 

Today was nice. 

2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Who are you talking about?  Arsenal?  
Does City have any Academy player playing regularly?  Spurs has Kane and occasionally Winks - anyone else.  City?  Man U tried dozens of young players pre-JM, only Rashford was any good.

I wasn't talking about any club in particular barring perhaps Utd. I'm not saying they won trophies but I do remember looking at other teams throughout the years and being jealous their youngsters scored winning goals or contributed in some way or another even if they fell by the wayside further down the line. To actually see Tammy and Mount be the difference today felt special.