• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

Blue Rod   
On 27/08/2019 at 5:51 AM, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Jury is still out on Jorginho, but that is a shocking asssessment of Fabregas (a 2 time premier league winner I might add) to say the least. 

"Relative decline".... How many PL titles did we win between 06-07 until 13-14 again? How many titles did we win while Fabregas was here again? 

I think this is just another part of your anti-JM bias tbh. Funny how someone can bizarrely identify the starting point of a supposed "decline" right before we went on to win 2 more league titles and expect to be taken seriously..

And then the question has to be asked, which club other than Man City really has been more successful than us over the last few years of our supposed decline? Liverpool? Spurs? Arsenal? Tottenham? United? Surprising that a player that signified our decline played critical roles in us winning so many trophies.

 

 

So when did Jose Mourinho become Cesc  Fabregas? .

Yes we have won 2 PL titles since. But even as we lifted the CL in 2012, we were in decline relative to the team we used to be, and the players we used to sign.

We once had a midfield where every member was on top of their game - Essien, Makelele, Lampard, plus Duff and Robben on the wings. That is when we became the highest rated team in Europe, even when we failed to win the CL. There would have been no place for Fabregas in that midfield, and it would not have mattered who signed him. 

It's so sad that some people have allowed their fanboy loyalty to cloud their assessment of football and prevent any objective assessment of the game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
2 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

So when did Jose Mourinho become Cesc  Fabregas? .

Yes we have won 2 PL titles since. But even as we lifted the CL in 2012, we were in decline relative to the team we used to be, and the players we used to sign.

We once had a midfield where every member was on top of their game - Essien, Makelele, Lampard, plus Duff and Robben on the wings. That is when we became the highest rated team in Europe, even when we failed to win the CL. There would have been no place for Fabregas in that midfield, and it would not have mattered who signed him. 

It's so sad that some people have allowed their fanboy loyalty to cloud their assessment of football and prevent any objective assessment of the game. 

Fabregas would have been ideal in that midfield. If there was one thing our midfield lacked in the mid 00s it was a midfielder who could thread the eye of the needle pass. The current midfield lacks the physical qualities provided by Lampard, Essien, Ballack 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 4:31 PM, Droy was my hero said:

:)   I was limiting to that, Jorginho does get about the pitch much better.  As you will recall there were plenty on here who complained incessantly about Fabregas being too slow and a liability in front of the back 4.  I never bought into that (after all we had our slowest player playing there for 4 years).  But to argue that Jorginho is slower than Fabregas is just wrong,

I would argue that in 'speed of thought' there's no contest. In a flat foot race Jorginho might just edge it. 

I'd much rather have have a Fabragas here who can give us a decent 45 mins than Jorginho who can barely give us 15. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
2 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

I would argue that in 'speed of thought' there's no contest. In a flat foot race Jorginho might just edge it. 

I'd much rather have have a Fabragas here who can give us a decent 45 mins than Jorginho who can barely give us 15. 

Eh? 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11668/11793779/is-jorginho-winning-over-the-chelsea-supporters-under-frank-Lampard

Frank doesn't seem to agree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Blue Rod said:

So when did Jose Mourinho become Cesc  Fabregas? .

Yes we have won 2 PL titles since. But even as we lifted the CL in 2012, we were in decline relative to the team we used to be, and the players we used to sign.

We once had a midfield where every member was on top of their game - Essien, Makelele, Lampard, plus Duff and Robben on the wings. That is when we became the highest rated team in Europe, even when we failed to win the CL. There would have been no place for Fabregas in that midfield, and it would not have mattered who signed him. 

It's so sad that some people have allowed their fanboy loyalty to cloud their assessment of football and prevent any objective assessment of the game. 

100% agree with this. Problem that we have had since 2007ish, barring the De Visser years, is that the club has had an awful transfer policy. A lot of people blame 2016-2018 all on Conte but people also forget that from 2007-11 we were also absolutely shocking in the market buying the likes of Sidwell, Boularouz, Benayoun, Bosingwa etc which both stripped away all our quality in depth and allowed the first XI to feel comfortable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Well obvs thats my opinion not Franks but if Frank isn't worried about Jorginho I'd be very very surprised . When Kante is back I think Kov might be his partner in the long term. I can't see Jorg being a stick on starter in any shape or form. As someone who likes Jorginho what is your honest assessment against Norwich? Sometimes I see a little something and I get all optimistic and then I'm back to square one. He's certainly got a long way to go before he wins over this Chelsea supporter, and I would LOVE to say "there you go, Franks managed to get a tune out of him" but I honestly can't ...not yet a least.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, King Kante said:

100% agree with this. Problem that we have had since 2007ish, barring the De Visser years, is that the club has had an awful transfer policy. A lot of people blame 2016-2018 all on Conte but people also forget that from 2007-11 we were also absolutely shocking in the market buying the likes of Sidwell, Boularouz, Benayoun, Bosingwa etc which both stripped away all our quality in depth and allowed the first XI to feel comfortable. 

Just no.  3 were dirt cheap and gone within a year.  Bosingwa added a lot, played both sides at FB and once appeared at CB!  Whatever he was he was not proof of a bad transfer policy.

All club's transfer policies have hits and misses.  They also should, like Chelsea's go through periods of accumulating talent for the future AND focusing on a small first team squad to win stuff.  We did that again and again from 2007.  The only period where we completely lost it with transfer policy was summer 2017.

4 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Well obvs thats my opinion not Franks but if Frank isn't worried about Jorginho I'd be very very surprised .

hahaha - we have 2 fit top class players at the moment.  Kepa and Jorginho.  Everyone else is has been, may be or isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if there is a space be interesting to see who signs and continues to play well in the middle out of Mount Barkley RLC Ampadu Gallagher and Gilmour 

with kante Jorginho and Kovacic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

we have 2 fit top class players at the moment.  Kepa and Jorginho.

Well in my humble opinion neither of those players has done enough to convince me they are top class players.  But I'm waiting patiently. I'll keep you posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.