• Current Donation Goals

2 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

Not sure about that,  I think Ivanovic was signed mid season under Grant and didn't play a single minute until Scolari took over. Zhirkov was probably a bit of a vanity signing because he was Russian. Pizarro was signed because he was on a free, ditto Sturridge who at the time had played about 20 games. None of those signings strike me as being focussed on the managers immediate needs within the squad, or even the players the manager really wanted to fill that role if there was one.

I don't disagree that there is blame on both sides however the board should take a look at themselves for their part in how many times these relationship breakdowns have happened to successful managers. I think what really pees quite a few people off is that whoever they have installed, be it a stroppy JM Conte type or more of a 'yes man' type manager like Carlo or RDM, it is always the manager that takes the blame and gets the sack. It appears there is no accountability at board level, or alternatively they are happy with the hiring and firing model. Perhaps if some of the higher ups felt they were in line for getting the sack they might try a bit harder at maintaining relationships with the manager, personally I feel there is a bit of a complacency culture amongst them. Maybe even a superiority complex that these business people know better on footballing matters than managers who have spent their entire career in the football world, there should be more of a balance in that regard.

1) Well put. 

2) This is also on the money and if you dig around a little you can find snippets from players about the boards culture; 

Malouda: 

“What happened is we disagreed on one point.

“I said something and was not following their recommendation.”

“There was some kind of threat.

“They did the same thing with Nikolas Anelka and Alex. When we won the Champions League.

“I shared good moments with them. You saw what happened to them.”

Malouda made his feelings on the players’ treatment clear.

“So I disagreed with that,” the Frenchman added.

“I expressed it my way, so there was a threat.

“But I am not scared of any threat, so I said ‘do what you have to do’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.buzz.ie/amp/football/chelsea-legend-florent-malouda-reveals-reason-left-blues-321673

Cesc: 

"From inside, all these years that I spent at Chelsea, sometimes there’s such a negativity surrounding the club for so many things," Fabregas told BT Sport before the match.

"[Jose] Mourinho leaves the club, have a fight. [Antonio] Conte leaves the club, they go to court.

"The club doesn’t come out and tell things the way they are, so they just let the fans think whatever they want to think."

"They don’t have enough information and someone should come out every now and then and talk to the press, say what’s happening.

"If not there’s so many questions marks around the club and the press talk and talk and talk. It just brings negativity.

"It should be always positivity surrounding everyone at the club.

"For example tonight we’re talking about negative things when they’re in a European final.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/cesc-fabregas-slams-chelsea-board-16223790.amp

There are other players who have said similar stuff but these two are the most recent, so I went with these. That said, Conte is now suing the club further with it reported that he is doing it so he can release some sort of statement. This is what is being read into his further legal action as he has already won the £9m case and this further one only gets him an extra £60k maximum if he wins but allows him to talk. 

Edited by King Kante

1 hour ago, King Kante said:

There are other players who have said similar stuff but these two are the most recent, so I went with these.

Pity you chose these.  Fabregas is clearly talking about the media view of Chelsea and that he would like Chelsea to be more open on the outside.  None of his words are critical of the board, and you'd have to have a strong pre-conviction to imagine otherwise.

Malouda's comments are just nonsense.  I can't be bothered to checkout who www.buzz.ie are - but either the quotes are completely made up by a looney hack or made by a looney Malouda long long after the events.  The piece dates the quotes as from last season, 7 years after Anelka and Alex left Chelsea in December 2011.

“They did the same thing with Nikolas Anelka and Alex. When we won the Champions League."

But there was NO conflict with Anelka or Alex. 
And it was 6 months before we won the Champions league.  They took Alex and Anelka out of first team training, neither put up a word of complaint but the press and some fans sites decided they have been shafted (mostly because they couldn't use the first team carpark in the Secure part of Cobham).

Anelka a few weeks later went to China on £200k a week.  Alex went to PSG to re-join CA who had typically already announced he was taking over long before PSG announced the sacking of Kombouaré. 

16 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Pity you chose these.  Fabregas is clearly talking about the media view of Chelsea and that he would like Chelsea to be more open on the outside.  None of his words are critical of the board, and you'd have to have a strong pre-conviction to imagine otherwise.

Malouda's comments are just nonsense.  I can't be bothered to checkout who www.buzz.ie are - but either the quotes are completely made up by a looney hack or made by a looney Malouda long long after the events.  The piece dates the quotes as from last season, 7 years after Anelka and Alex left Chelsea in December 2011.

“They did the same thing with Nikolas Anelka and Alex. When we won the Champions League."

But there was NO conflict with Anelka or Alex. 
And it was 6 months before we won the Champions league.  They took Alex and Anelka out of first team training, neither put up a word of complaint but the press and some fans sites decided they have been shafted (mostly because they couldn't use the first team carpark in the Secure part of Cobham).

Anelka a few weeks later went to China on £200k a week.  Alex went to PSG to re-join CA who had typically already announced he was taking over long before PSG announced the sacking of Kombouaré. 

No he was not, he is clearly directing his comments to the broad and that they are responsible for allowing the negativity due to their actions and lack of communication: 

Jose] Mourinho leaves the club, have a fight. [Antonio] Conte leaves the club, they go to court.

"The club doesn’t come out and tell things the way they are, so they just let the fans think whatever they want to think."

"They don’t have enough information and someone should come out every now and then and talk to the press, say what’s happening.

As for Malouda's comments here is a video of him saying the comments. He makes it clear he had issues with the broads treatment of other players and managers and then got threatened: 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_4S5R_LPNSc

Of course Droy, I know you are going to take other opinions on this as this is what you do. However, these words are statements from players that have actual inside knowledge of the club.

Edited by King Kante

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

No he was not, he is clearly directing his comments to the broad and that they are responsible for allowing the negativity due to their actions and lack of communication: 

lack of communications yes, actions no - just read it.

2 hours ago, King Kante said:

As for Malouda's comments here is a video of him saying the comments. He makes it clear he had issues with the broads treatment of other players and managers and then got threatened: 

Malouda certainly did appear to be harshly treated by the club - who knows why - Malouda isn't going to tell us.
But the two examples of others he gives are a) factually wrong - both were given free transfers so they could complete very attractive moves and b) wrong in timing - before CL win when he says after.
Moreover he is talking in 2018 about why his career went wrong 5 years earlier.  You may recall when he was trying to get out he talked only of going back home to S America (born French Guyana).  So I am also puzzled to find he spent the next 5 years in Europe apart from a spell in India.

You really shouldn't take these comments seriously - he screwed up a great career by playing at rubbish clubs when he should have finished at the top after he played so well for half the CL final carrying an injury.  

6 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

lack of communications yes, actions no - just read it.

Malouda certainly did appear to be harshly treated by the club - who knows why - Malouda isn't going to tell us.
But the two examples of others he gives are a) factually wrong - both were given free transfers so they could complete very attractive moves and b) wrong in timing - before CL win when he says after.
Moreover he is talking in 2018 about why his career went wrong 5 years earlier.  You may recall when he was trying to get out he talked only of going back home to S America (born French Guyana).  So I am also puzzled to find he spent the next 5 years in Europe apart from a spell in India.

You really shouldn't take these comments seriously - he screwed up a great career by playing at rubbish clubs when he should have finished at the top after he played so well for half the CL final carrying an injury.  

Cesc, I did. It is quite clear he is saying that there was no need to fight Jose or take Conte to court and that they never say things the way they are so the fans think whatever. It is really quite clear he is having a pop at the board there. 

Just because they got to line their pockets/go elsewhere does not mean that they did not have a falling out and/or were treated poorly. Malouda, is someone that was actually there. These are his comments. Why would he say this or make this up? It is completely illogical to do so.

23 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Cesc, I did. It is quite clear he is saying that there was no need to fight Jose or take Conte to court and that they never say things the way they are so the fans think whatever. It is really quite clear he is having a pop at the board there. 

Not much point continuing then.  We clearly disagree on a point of fact.

23 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Just because they got to line their pockets/go elsewhere does not mean that they did not have a falling out and/or were treated poorly. Malouda, is someone that was actually there. These are his comments. Why would he say this or make this up? It is completely illogical to do so.

They got their pockets lined a few weeks after they stopped training with the first team.  It's like getting married 2 weeks after getting divorced.  

Why did he make it up?    Why did he say it was after the CL win when it was 6 months before and they weren't there?  Why did Anelka and Alex never comment on it?  Who cares - it is nonsense, and asking why Malouda repeats the nonsense 7 years later adds nothing.