• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 2

5 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I can see him playing the No 10 position for sure, I would just be surprised to see him in that deeper central role.

If anything, the gaps between midfield and defence already look to big a times and thats with central players who dont contribute many goals like you said. I think Mount in that deeper role will likely leave us more exposed at present, unless someone is given clear instructions to sit and protect (which I really hope is not Kante as it reduces his impact massively)

At the moment our only fit options for number 8 in a 4-3-3 are Mount and Barkley. Which would you rather see in the XI?

Mount played numerous positions at Derby - no 8, no 10 and no 11. I don’t think there’s much in it to be honest as his style is somewhat similar regardless of where he plays. I actually think a no 11 role suits his just as well as the more central positions. 

As for him or Barkley it’s a no-brainer. Mount every day of the week. 

I wouldn't expect to see Kante and Rudiger start this one, possibly both on the bench, but I think Frank will want to give them more to recover and potentially may not include them at all to try and put off the national team selections.

I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Christensen Zouma Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Mount Pulisic

Tammy

Bench: Caballero, Tomori, Alonso, Barkley, Kante, Giroud, Batshuayi

Must and should win this one, got tricky games after the international break, so need to start establishing some form.

asvaberg   

It's been a while since last time we played The Blades, but we still have SFL :)

sheff utd.JPG

Edited by asvaberg
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, asvaberg said:

It's been a while since last time we played The Blades, but we still have SFL :)

sheff utd.JPG

To bring the likes of Drogba and Ballack off the bench, wow, good times.

• Haha 1

paulw66   
35 minutes ago, Peterslofas said:

To bring the likes of Drogba and Ballack off the bench, wow, good times.

I seem to remember that game being a few days before a big CL tie, hence Lampard and Ballack did half each, and Drogba was on the bench 

On 8/27/2019 at 7:26 PM, The_Ghost said:

As for him or Barkley it’s a no-brainer. Mount every day of the week. 

Well every day of the last two weeks - he has had a great start to his Chelsea career.  
It is still only 2 weeks/4 games though.  Too early to be certain on him yet.
(Barkley on the other hand we can write off).

This will be my first game at the bridge for two full seasons. I'm really looking forward to seeing this squad and manager in action, they have re-energised my passion for the club after what has been a dismal period at the club.

I accept things wont feel almost as carefree as they are now and results are still important, but it just feels we are on the brink of something here and I really hope this is the start of a exciting next 3-5 year phase for the club. We finally have a manager and players, who whilst unproven, we can relate to them and we know they will be giving everything to try and make this work.

They have brought my enjoyment of football back and hopefully we can get another 3pts on the board tomorrow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Rudiger, Kante and Pedro out. 

Same team as Norwich? Or does Willian come in? 

If he's fit enough, I would guess Willian comes in. Mount was great against Norwich, but I would think Frank will want him in the no. 10 role more often than not.