• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 2

1 hour ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

If he's fit enough, I would guess Willian comes in. Mount was great against Norwich, but I would think Frank will want him in the no. 10 role more often than not.

I think Willian should have to earn his spot back. Particularly if Frank wants to keep the youth motivated, putting anyone in on seniority alone will undo that. Willian has been poor so far this season, albeit probably not 100% fit, absolutely dire against Leicester. I can only judge from what I've seen on tv so obviously don't have mich of an insight but his attitude has looked a bit off, whereas Mount, Pulisic and even Barkley are far more enthusiastic and it shows in how they play.

38 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think Willian should have to earn his spot back. Particularly if Frank wants to keep the youth motivated, putting anyone in on seniority alone will undo that.

World has gone mad.

1 hour ago, Droy was my hero said:

World has gone mad.

?? You will have to explain how dropping a young player for somebody who hasn't performed as well as them, simply because of their age, would motivate a younger player to think they will get a fair chance.

3 minutes ago, Lump Of Celery said:

?? You will have to explain how dropping a young player for somebody who hasn't performed as well as them, simply because of their age, would motivate a younger player to think they will get a fair chance.

I would drop Barkley for Willian, Mount is undroppable at the moment. Rest of the team picks itself.

10 minutes ago, chiswickblue said:

I would drop Barkley for Willian, 

Out of interest is that based on what you've seen this season, or based on what they did last season? Of course we all have preconceptions on players but Frank's approach as a new manager should be basing every selection on what he has seen in games and training since he took over. Obviously we don't see training so I can only pass judgement on games. His remit appears to be to integrate youth players and picking players based on past glory doesn't really fit in with that being a success.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:

His remit appears to be to integrate youth players

It really doesn't.  His remit is to somehow get by with a squad where the front 6 players must otherwise be picked from Giroud (33 next month) Pedro (starts when fit), Willian (still not fit but still gets minutes), Barkley, Kovacic, Jorginho and Kante (unfit but picked nonetheless at times).

I really don't see with that squad how SFL can avoid picking Mount and Tammy.  Or frankly Tomori, but he has ducked that one so far.

He is a football manager - he says the youth play on merit - it doesn't mean a thing.

1 hour ago, Lump Of Celery said:
2 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:
3 hours ago, Lump Of Celery said:

I think Willian should have to earn his spot back. Particularly if Frank wants to keep the youth motivated, putting anyone in on seniority alone will undo that. 

World has gone mad.

Well coming on unfit for a few minutes is hardly "not performing".  Willian over many years has been a monster player, all he needs to prove is his fitness.
You really seem to have the tail wagging the dog here.  "Motivating the kids" is almost certainly the last thing on SFL's mind.  Keeping the old lags with aching bodies onside is his main priority.  He has a season to plan for and points to fight for.  He is not Southgate.

On 28/08/2019 at 11:35 AM, My Blood Is Blue said:

I wouldn't expect to see Kante and Rudiger start this one, possibly both on the bench, but I think Frank will want to give them more to recover and potentially may not include them at all to try and put off the national team selections.

I think we'll see:

Kepa

Azpilicueta Christensen Zouma Emerson

Jorginho Kovacic

Willian Mount Pulisic

Tammy

Bench: Caballero, Tomori, Alonso, Barkley, Kante, Giroud, Batshuayi

Must and should win this one, got tricky games after the international break, so need to start establishing some form.

Having just Jorginho and Kovacic in midfield makes us look vulnerable I think.

19 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

World has gone mad.

No not at all. A mad world is when you promote the ones who doesn't perform ahead of the ones who does perform. 

Willian has not showed much to warrant an inclusion so far...

18 hours ago, chiswickblue said:

I would drop Barkley for Willian, Mount is undroppable at the moment. Rest of the team picks itself.

...even ahead of Barkely I'd argue. 

My team for today would be;

Kepa; Azpilicueta, Zouma, Christensen, Emerson; Kovacic, Jorginho, Barkley; Pulisic, Abraham, Mount

Subs: Caballero, Tomori, Alonso, Willian, Gilmour/Kenedy, Batshuayi, Giroud