• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 2

Kezza   

At this point it's painfully obvious the gulf in quality between what we have and what is needed to compete in this league. We are like a U21 pub team competing in the Premier League.

Poor day for Frank. Not the day to leave your most capable centre-back out. Not the time in the game to bring on a young kid for his debut. 

Team looked disjointed. Defence were fragile. Created nothing second half. Poor subs. 

Expected better from Frank. 

Abraham's contribution apart, all round a really bad day. 

• Like 1

Bison   
12 minutes ago, MikelBlue said:

He’s done at this level. Can’t attack and now can’t defend to save his life. May have to try Tomori at RB until James is fit. Azpilicueta is a certified liability. 

He's the new Alonso. The opposition just attack him because it's their best route to a goal.

If Lampard and Morris are who I think they are then the second Reece James is fit he will be given every opportunity to cement himself at RB.

chelboy   

Thought Lamps made a big error in bringing of Kovacic. Gilmour was needed but it should have been for Pulisic who looked flat out. That would have given us a 3 in the midfield which we needed. I really think a lot of our problems come from 4231. The sooner we make 433 permanent the better. 4231 is harder to move the ball forward and the passing channels are limited if no.10 is crowded out. Also the pressing leaves gaps. We had absolutely no control in the 2nd half. Game management is what this team lacks badly. 45-65 min should be a control period for 2-0 up and shouldn’t be given them so much of the ball. It is a learning process for Lamps too. It will take time. Two things I really want from him now is to drop Azpi at all costs and switch to a 433. 

Lampard won't last until Christmas at this rate, leaking goals for fun..

and to think he preferred all other centre Halfs over Luiz

once again the team are still in the dressing room when we kick off in the second half, hardly created anything in the second 45.

Azpi has to be dropped, he can't even defend now,

I thought Lampard would play players in their right positions, how wrong.

Holymoly   

Honestly, 2 up at half time flattered us. Yes we're attractive to watch but can be quite lightweight. In fact at half time I thought we resembled Spuds the way we flattered to deceive. Losing the goal straight after the break was unforgiveable and then it was a question of trying to ride out the storm we brought upon ourselves. Yes the subs were strange in the circumstances but you could argue what is the point of blooding Gilmour in a nothing situation. He would get more from this than a situation where we were playing olé football. Michy too once had a habit of scoring decisive late goals. I can see Frank's reasoning.

This was a disappointing result but the way the season is going I think top 6 might be wide open the way teams are playing. If we can keep in touch while we get Kante, Rudiger, CHO and RLC back full time then I think we will survive this season. You'd like to think these sorts of results might hopefully have the effect of bringing the team together, especially given there doesn't appear to be any egos at Cobham now. We need leaders to stand up on the pitch.

Hopefully the international break doesn't add to the injury list and we can get some players back in time for Wolves then a run a 4 matches at the Bridge.

5 minutes ago, chelboy said:

Thought Lamps made a big error in bringing of Kovacic. Gilmour was needed but it should have been for Pulisic who looked flat out. That would have given us a 3 in the midfield which we needed. I really think a lot of our problems come from 4231. The sooner we make 433 permanent the better. 4231 is harder to move the ball forward and the passing channels are limited if no.10 is crowded out. Also the pressing leaves gaps. We had absolutely no control in the 2nd half. Game management is what this team lacks badly. 45-65 min should be a control period for 2-0 up and shouldn’t be given them so much of the ball. It is a learning process for Lamps too. It will take time. Two things I really want from him now is to drop Azpi at all costs and switch to a 433. 

Yep, very good summary Chelboy.

I definitely agree about our short-handed midfield. It's gotta be 4-3-3 for me I think.

Bison   

I am convinced Pulisic is absolute crap and will be nowhere near the 18 when we're at full strength. Convince me otherwise.

21 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

Beyond silly. We can all appreciate blooding the youth but its not going to mean jack if SFL gets fired in a few games when we are in the relegation zone and a bad atmosphere has gripped the club leaving the board with no choice BUT to fire him.

Frank has to find a balance between winning AND introducing youth - gradually.

Personally I’m not sure about the quality of advise/guidance he gets from Jody Morris.  When a rookie manager is given a top job at this level, he needs a top shelf experienced assistant to mitigate his obvious inexperience. Jody obviously loves his former academy players and for me, appears to be overplaying that hand to the detriment of Lampard who, at this level, doesn’t know his left from his right.