• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 2

Jasonb   
1 minute ago, MikelBlue said:

Personally I’m not sure about the quality of advise/guidance he gets from Jody Morris.  When a rookie manager is given a top job at this level, he needs a top shelf experienced assistant to mitigate his obvious inexperience. Jody obviously loves his former academy players and for me, appears to be overplaying that hand to the detriment of Lampard who, at this level, doesn’t know his left from his right. 

Hope you are on wrong on that or it is only going to get worse.

chelboy   
8 minutes ago, Never happy said:

Lampard won't last until Christmas at this rate, leaking goals for fun..

and to think he preferred all other centre Halfs over Luiz

once again the team are still in the dressing room when we kick off in the second half, hardly created anything in the second 45.

Azpi has to be dropped, he can't even defend now,

I thought Lampard would play players in their right positions, how wrong.

What is Luiz going to do in the situations we conceded from? I actually think 3 of our defenders played well. Just as they did against Norwich. Our midfield pressing is still off. It has been off since pre season even when Luiz was there. It is  clear with the pivot pressing we have problems. Kante won’t solve it neither will Rudiger or Luiz. It is for the manager to identify and fix. Our best defensive game was probably against Liverpool which is funny considering they are the best team we have played so far. Guarantee if we play 4231 with that kind of pressing against Liverpool the game would be over by HT. 

JaneB   

#lampardout :-(

We've played 4 games, we're 10th with 5 points.

OK, frustrating and disappointing result today but Tammy scored 2 goals which continues to be very encouraging.

I don't know what people expect this season.  We're still missing Kante and Rudiger and a hard decision will have to be made about Dave.  And of course one of the best players in the world has left us.

This season I find myself looking at the results of the 'lower' teams and that's ok.  Frank is learning and we have young players who are learning but I find all that quite refreshing.  It's actually quite nice to get off the treadmill and consolidate and build again.

Personally, if this board does anything idiotic and premature in the next few months, I will take a back seat from football.  I don't expect anything from this season apart from hopefully staying well clear of the relegation zone and finishing in a respectable position.

Mason Mount isn't Frank Lampard.  Tammy Abraham isn't Didier Drogba.  Kurt Zouma will never be John Terry and no one will ever be Eden Hazard.  And sadly, Azpilicueta is no longer Azpilicueta.

We don't need constant success to enjoy being a Chelsea supporter.  Out time will come again but it certainly won't be this season.  I just feel proud that our best ever player and someone who genuinely cares for Chelsea is back as our manager.  Let's support him.

#lampardinforever :-) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MikelBlue said:

Personally I’m not sure about the quality of advise/guidance he gets from Jody Morris.  When a rookie manager is given a top job at this level, he needs a top shelf experienced assistant to mitigate his obvious inexperience. Jody obviously loves his former academy players and for me, appears to be overplaying that hand to the detriment of Lampard who, at this level, doesn’t know his left from his right. 

I wouldn't quite blame Jody for much of this. I mean, Lamps makes a pretty convincing argument when asked about the youth and it definitely seems to be genuine.

A strong supporting staff is important, but we must not forget that Sarri last season also managed to make the most of a really hairy situation at the club and only Zola last season was prominent in Sarri's supporting cast.

Frank himself has to read situations and adapt better. Nobly got quite annoyed earlier in the season when I mentioned that but its plainly obvious to me that when the conditions of a game changes, Frank fails to react.

We all could see that Sheffield were in the ascendancy and that we couldn't keep the ball. The move to bring off Barkley, and also to lose the hold up play of Abraham and guile of Kovacic proved fatal.

IMO, Mount should have come off, Kovacic should have stayed on, Barkley should have dropped into a midfield 3 and IF Tammy had to come off then Giroud should have gone on. Maybe Kova was injured though - who really knows?

Edited by Blue_In_Every_Way

28 minutes ago, JaneB said:

OK, frustrating and disappointing result today but Tammy scored 2 goals which continues to be very encouraging.

I don't know what people expect this season.  We're still missing Kante and Rudiger and a hard decision will have to be made about Dave.  And of course one of the best players in the world has left us.

This season I find myself looking at the results of the 'lower' teams and that's ok.  Frank is learning and we have young players who are learning but I find all that quite refreshing.  It's actually quite nice to get off the treadmill and consolidate and build again.

Personally, if this board does anything idiotic and premature in the next few months, I will take a back seat from football.  I don't expect anything from this season apart from hopefully staying well clear of the relegation zone and finishing in a respectable position.

Mason Mount isn't Frank Lampard.  Tammy Abraham isn't Didier Drogba.  Kurt Zouma will never be John Terry and no one will ever be Eden Hazard.  And sadly, Azpilicueta is no longer Azpilicueta.

We don't need constant success to enjoy being a Chelsea supporter.  Out time will come again but it certainly won't be this season.  I just feel proud that our best ever player and someone who genuinely cares for Chelsea is back as our manager.  Let's support him.

Very good stuff here ma'am. Well said and all that. All the same, it ain't hard to see that the problems are defensive, but not particularly with the defenders themselves, (Azpi apart it would seem). No, all to do with an under-staffed midfield shield I'd say. 

But I like your sentiments all the same and I too am pretty relaxed about this season. It's amazing isn't it? How many on here remarked how it would be important to be patient and give the new regime time and so on. And yet, within a very brief period, so very few appear to be capable of doing so however.

39 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well said, agree 100%  Patience is the key.

2 minutes ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

I wouldn't quite blame Jody for much of this. I mean, Lamps makes a pretty convincing argument when asked about the youth and it definitely seems to be genuine.

A strong supporting staff is important, but we must not forget that Sarri last season also managed to make the most of a really hairy situation at the club and only Zola last season was prominent in Sarri's supporting cast.

Frank himself has to read situations and adapt better. Nobly got quite annoyed earlier in the season when I mentioned that but its plainly obvious to me that when the conditions of a game changes, Frank fails to react.

We all could see that Sheffield were in the ascendancy and that we couldnt't keep the ball. The move to bring off Barkley, and also to lose the hold up play of Abraham and guile of Kovacic proved fatal.

IMO, Mount should have come off, Kovacic should have stayed on, Barkley should have dropped into a midfield 3 and IF Tammy had to come off then Giroud should have gone on. Maybe Kova was injured though - who really knows?

I just rewatched the last 10+ mins of the game (taped on dvr) and noticed that Kovacic was absolutely gassed by the time he was removed and was struggling to keep up with the movement of Jorginho in midfield play. Hindsight vision is always 20/20, but perhaps Christensen was a better option either in midfield (defensively) or alternatively switching to a back 3 which ironically may have suited Azpilicueta better defensively - as a wingback -  if not anything else but to match them up tactically for the last 10 odd mins of the game and bring home the 3 pts.

That said, the introduction of untrusted mitchy at such a crucial moment when the reliable veteran Giroud was on the bench smacks of naïveté. I counted at least 3 or so lackadaisical turnovers from mitchy during the brief time he was on the pitch- one led to the corner kick and ensuing buildup for their equalizer. 

Holymoly   
40 minutes ago, JaneB said:

Well said Jane. This season was always going to be one of crisis management with blooding youth a bonus. The people on this thread clearly have no clue what is realistic for us this season and clearly assume our recent successes are in some way magic or a god given right. If we end up in the top six come May having got through our CL group and had a run or two to the quarters in the cups I for one will consider the season a success. Especially as we will have provided a handful of youth players with sufficient experience to ensure they will remain regulars for years to come. For once we will have built foundations for the club moving forward as opposed to the recent past where we have just bought in a succession of mercenaries that had no interest in forging a team ethic. This is the way forward and I’m enjoying watching it albeit getting a tad frustrated after games like today. The squad will only get better and we have a lot of quality slowly getting back into contention.