• Current Donation Goals

Michael Tucker

Chelsea 2 Sheffield United 2

Recommended Posts

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Sheffield United at Stamford Bridge, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday, 31st August, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kepa 

Dave Christensen Zouma Emerson 

Mount Jorginho Kovacic 

Willian Tammy Pulisic

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
18 hours ago, King Kante said:

Kepa 

Dave Christensen Zouma Emerson 

Mount Jorginho Kovacic 

Willian Tammy Pulisic

Kante and Rudiger - should be ok without them, and leaving them out means they get a long rest due to the international break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Kante and Rudiger - should be ok without them, and leaving them out means they get a long rest due to the international break. 

Yeah, I am of the opinion not to risk Rudi and Kante. Also, I am hoping they do not get selected for their international squads. Willian is another who may not be 100% but I think he may play as Pedro pulled up against Norwich, CHO is not ready and I want Mount to start playing in his proper position. 

Edited by King Kante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King Kante said:

Yeah, I am of the opinion not to risk Rudi and Kante. Also, I am hoping they do not get selected for their international squads. Willian is another who may not be 100% but I think he may play as Pedro pulled up against Norwich, CHO is not ready and I want Mount to start playing in his proper position. 

Did Mount play deeper when at Derby? I'm not sure we will see him in this deeper role for quite a while, its a position that requires a lot experience compared to the roles he has been asked to play for us so far.

Its one thing playing centrally and in the Championship (if thats where he was primarily used) , but trying to dictate and win control of the midfield area up against seasoned international that most clubs now have is very difficult at this stage of his career. We also have a number of options for this role in a 433 who are established and experienced.

I'd be surprised to see Mount starting many games in this role throughout the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Did Mount play deeper when at Derby? I'm not sure we will see him in this deeper role for quite a while, its a position that requires a lot experience compared to the roles he has been asked to play for us so far.

Its one thing playing centrally and in the Championship (if thats where he was primarily used) , but trying to dictate and win control of the midfield area up against seasoned international that most clubs now have is very difficult at this stage of his career. We also have a number of options for this role in a 433 who are established and experienced.

I'd be surprised to see Mount starting many games in this role throughout the season.

Yes he did. Mount has always been a No.8/No.10. The thing with our midfield three is that we do not have any goals in there as we require a player to join in with attacks from the midfield. RLC started to do this towards the end of last season but is still out for a while. Kante, Jorgi and Kova do not really do this. Barkley does it in theory but not in practice. Mount is not really a wide player as he is not fast enough nor tricky enough. He is however very good at pressing, finding space and shooting. All qualities you need in a number No.8. Another thing to consider is that once we have Willian, CHO, Pedro and Pulisic all fit that is four players for two positions, whilst at No.8 we do not have anyone other than RLC who is injured.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Yes he did. Mount has always been a No.8/No.10. The thing with our midfield three is that we do not have any goals in there as we require a player to join in with attacks from the midfield. RLC started to do this towards the end of last season but is still out for a while. Kante, Jorgi and Kova do not really do this. Barkley does it in theory but not in practice. Mount is not really a wide player as he is not fast enough nor tricky enough. He is however very good at pressing, finding space and shooting. All qualities you need in a number No.8. Another thing to consider is that once we have Willian, CHO, Pedro and Pulisic all fit that is four players for two positions, whilst at No.8 we do not have anyone other than RLC who is injured.

I can see him playing the No 10 position for sure, I would just be surprised to see him in that deeper central role.

If anything, the gaps between midfield and defence already look to big a times and thats with central players who dont contribute many goals like you said. I think Mount in that deeper role will likely leave us more exposed at present, unless someone is given clear instructions to sit and protect (which I really hope is not Kante as it reduces his impact massively)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.