• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

VAR and Chelsea

VAR is costing us the lead, we are a better team than Liverpool and I don't what anyone says. Liverpool have been getting the luck this year, when that runs out they won't even finsih higher than 4th. They are shite football team.

That second Everton goal on Saturday had what looked suspisciously like a foul on Christienssen in the build up. For a moment I thought we might get a VAR decision...but no another one goes against us...couldnt really make too much of it after the third went in but it was important. The ref let a lot of over physical stuff go from Everton which assisted their win but we didn't really stand up for ourselves enough

20 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

That second Everton goal on Saturday had what looked suspisciously like a foul on Christienssen in the build up. For a moment I thought we might get a VAR decision...but no another one goes against us...couldnt really make too much of it after the third went in but it was important. The ref let a lot of over physical stuff go from Everton which assisted their win but we didn't really stand up for ourselves enough

What's an elbow in the guts between mates ?

16 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Thought I was the only one to see that. The commentary team said plainly they had no idea what VAR might be looking at.  There was no attempt at winning ball, just barging into Christensen - a theme for the game.

There was also a barge by Pickford on Tammy Abraham as tried to prevent a defender shadowing the ball for a goal kick.  Quite blatant and with the ball still in play (on his bruised hip, he stayed down for a while).  Penalty if we are going to VAR stuff and stick to the rules.

And for not the first game, there was quite a lot of shoving Chelsea players off onto the sidelines.  I presume we now have a reputation for bottling the physical stuff.

Jasonb   

I don't think this is always anti-Chelsea just that at away matches unless it is obvious we probably won't get the decision as the officials get influenced by the crowd.

Having said that Everton incurred 3 yellows, Chelsea none.

3 hours ago, Jasonb said:

I don't think this is always anti-Chelsea just that at away matches unless it is obvious we probably won't get the decision as the officials get influenced by the crowd.

Having said that Everton incurred 3 yellows, Chelsea none.

We are officially the club who have been adversely affected by incorrect VAR rulings so far .

What a huge surprise said no one ever .

Jasonb   
8 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

We are officially the club who have been adversely affected by incorrect VAR rulings so far .

It's the first season so don't think anyone else will listen yet if two seasons in a row we have grounds to raise it.

16 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

It is a surprise to me.  I was sure that City would "win" that prize this year.  Indeed isn't the only VAR award we have got from the City game.
Maybe Leicester will end up winning it instead.

30 minutes ago, exiledblue said:

Still don't like it even if it wasnt against us today

There was a Sissoko foul on Kepa that Garry Neville thought could have been Red.
The penalty should have been Red too.   There was an offside goal chalked off against us (rightly I admit).
Alli's dive lead to a free kick despite VAR looking at it for it being in the box, and not a rightful second booking.
Spurs were their usual dirty and diving selves, though not with the usual physical aggression that they used to put in when a goal down.

True refs at away games at Spurs are usually reffed worse.  I think we all know that if Spurs do ever regret hiring JM, it will be largely for the effect on reffing.

On 12/9/2019 at 8:57 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Indeed isn't the only VAR award we have got from the City game.

:)  So now we have VAR awards going Chelsea's way in 2 games.  Against Liverpool rivals, and against JM.  No longer the PL's most hated club.