• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

VAR and Chelsea

paulw66   
23 hours ago, thevelourfog said:

Do we know if it was ignored? Or checked and deemed to not be an infraction?

There really is no reason to not VAR yellows given how VAR is being used (I.e. well beyond its stated remit) anyway.

There were no replays in the game. That never happens when VAR check. Extremely suspicious. 

12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

There were no replays in the game. That never happens when VAR check. Extremely suspicious. 

As I said at the time , how can we have images on social media , immediately showing re-wound Sky tv systems showing the ball was outside yet it took til well after the game , the presentation and the interviews before BT even showed it , plenty of time for some quick fingered photoshopping to be done 

I've read that VAR was NOT used to check it on the supposed grounds that handball outside the area is not by definition a red card offence. VAR is only used to check offences INSIDE the box and for a possible red card foul outside (as well as offsides and handballs that lead directly to a goal, unless they are by Liverpool players). Obviously play continued, and it seems none of the officials were in any position to make the call.

I'm convinced the still image that was posted straight after the game was a photoshop. I did a Google reverse image search to trace it and it seems to have originated in the Far East (not that that means much).

After the match, the BBC showed a view that was in line with the 18-yard line which suggested the ball was on the line, but with VAR decisions being made in millimetres, the merest overhang of the ball would have meant he had handled outside, which by my understanding would have meant a red card.

All irrelevant now, other than the fact that Taylor confirmed what we all knew: that he is not fit to ref at the top level, and should never be allowed to referee us ever again. But he will be, and in a huge game.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Less suspicious for me, but more a demonstration of fundamental flaws in any process or mechanism devised to 'review' referee decision making. Who decides what is reviewed, and how do they make that decision? 

It's always people, and they are always biased.

1 hour ago, Backbiter said:

I've read that VAR was NOT used to check it on the supposed grounds that handball outside the area is not by definition a red card offence. VAR is only used to check offences INSIDE the box and for a possible red card foul outside (as well as offsides and handballs that lead directly to a goal, unless they are by Liverpool players). Obviously play continued, and it seems none of the officials were in any position to make the call.

I'm convinced the still image that was posted straight after the game was a photoshop. I did a Google reverse image search to trace it and it seems to have originated in the Far East (not that that means much).

After the match, the BBC showed a view that was in line with the 18-yard line which suggested the ball was on the line, but with VAR decisions being made in millimetres, the merest overhang of the ball would have meant he had handled outside, which by my understanding would have meant a red card.

All irrelevant now, other than the fact that Taylor confirmed what we all knew: that he is not fit to ref at the top level, and should never be allowed to referee us ever again. But he will be, and in a huge game.

But if the goalkeeper hand balls it and it denies a goalscoring opportunity it is a red card offence. 

The crazy thing with the image that people are using to claim he was inside the area when he caught it is that you can quite clearly see he has moved his arms back inside the box. It's so unbelievably blatant it's almost funny.

20 hours ago, Blue_In_Every_Way said:

The thing is, they claimed they checked the keepers handball and the Mail published a picture online with the ball still inside the box but I actually rewinded the match on my TV at the time and its so obvious that the ball left the box completely and the GK was holding it. It is not even close.

I love SFL, but if I were in charge I would have completely slaughtered the ref post-match. Obviously it isn't great to criticize the ref all the time but yesterday the guy fully deserved to have his integrity called into question.

And then Lamps goes and says it was a pen as well.... seriously???

I like a manager who owns up to his own responsibility and SFL definitely does that but there are times when you quite rightly need to speak up and we can blame VAR all we want but there were calls yesterday that should have been made using the referee's own eyes. I have never supported conspiracy theories against Chelsea but something was terribly wrong yesterday. It was Ovrebo-esque!

https://streamable.com/7rj0jy

Hard to be 100% sure as it happens so quick and they stop it where they stop it.

Ham   
1 hour ago, Martin1905 said:

https://streamable.com/7rj0jy

Hard to be 100% sure as it happens so quick and they stop it where they stop it.

To be fair, I've paused that and at no stage does he handle it outside. 

I think that shared image has been doctored.  

paulw66   
16 minutes ago, Ham said:

To be fair, I've paused that and at no stage does he handle it outside. 

I think that shared image has been doctored.  

11 minutes ago, Martin1905 said:

This is the best I managed.

Hard to tell.

20200803_141325.jpg

I have no issue with it. It is not "clear and obvious"

What I do have an issue with is that it wasn't even looked at..........when the ball eventually went out, I was waiting for the replays and "VAR checking possible handball"......nothing! It screams that nobody wanted it overturned. 

I also have an issue of the fact that every 50/50 went to them. Actually, more than that. The Kovacic second yellow was a foul on him, and Pedro getting wiped out on the edge of the box n the last minute.......no foul. It was so predictable as the game wore on that we were getting nothing.