• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

VAR and Chelsea

3 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

I have no issue with it. It is not "clear and obvious"

What I do have an issue with is that it wasn't even looked at..........when the ball eventually went out, I was waiting for the replays and "VAR checking possible handball"......nothing! It screams that nobody wanted it overturned. 

I also have an issue of the fact that every 50/50 went to them. Actually, more than that. The Kovacic second yellow was a foul on him, and Pedro getting wiped out on the edge of the box n the last minute.......no foul. It was so predictable as the game wore on that we were getting nothing. 

I doubt there's ever been a 14:2 foul count in the history of the competition. I'm sure the FA will have launched an investigation.

paulw66   
5 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

I doubt there's ever been a 14:2 foul count in the history of the competition. I'm sure the FA will have launched an investigation.

That's quite astonishing, especially for a closely contested game.

You might expect a team who won 6-0 and had 75% possession to maybe commit only 2 fouls all game

30 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Don't hold your breath! 

On 03/08/2020 at 11:29 AM, paulw66 said:

There were no replays in the game. That never happens when VAR check. Extremely suspicious. 

It was as if BBC were not even interested in its validity

Mutu7   

We've seen ample evidence this season that VAR does nothing to eliminate referee bias and crappy decisions... because it's run by those self-same crappy biased officials who seem to just make up the rules as they go along. Why wasn't that handball outside the box reviewed again? Why does a red card get reviewed but not a second yellow? Why do some goals get disallowed because there was a foul 20 passes back but others don't? Magure blatantly kicked Batshuayi in the groin and VAR decided it wasn't violent conduct, yet Kovacic gets a second yellow card for having his foot stepped on and nothing can be done about it. He'll probably get a ban for violent conduct next season too. We've had goals wrongly disallowed and goals wrongly given against us. And it definitely has not evened out.

On 03/08/2020 at 0:23 PM, Backbiter said:

All irrelevant now, other than the fact that Taylor confirmed what we all knew: that he is not fit to ref at the top level, and should never be allowed to referee us ever again. But he will be, and in a huge game.

A referee who screwed an Alex Ferguson team like that would be officiating in League One the following week. And he wouldn't get another United game for a year. And Fergie would get a grovelling phone call from Mike Riley. Next season we'll probably get Taylor in our opening match, just to rub it in.

35 minutes ago, Mutu7 said:

a referee who screwed an Alex Ferguson team like that would be officiating in League One the following week. And he wouldn't get another United game for a year. And Fergie would get a grovelling phone call from Mike Riley. Next season we'll probably get Taylor in our opening match, just to rub it in.

Well , you've nailed it there. 

The issue is Mike Riley , he seems to have it in for us on a personal level , this is the bloke who's big idea is "in game management" by all accounts , a ludicrous and purposeful attempt to let the Referee influence the game within the framework of the laws.

What he should be doing is ensuring that the laws of the game are employed evenly to all teams at all times with laws written in such a manner so as to be unambiguous and not  open to personal interpretation .

Mavis , has had it in for us since the Mourinho days where first he complained that Riley hadn't believed Petr Cech , who had a fractured skull was injured and tried to get him off the pitch , booking him for not moving quickly enough and secondly for having the temerity of going onto national television to complain about how our games were being refereed differently to everyone else's and our lack of penalties in the Premier League in comparison to the Champions League.

One of Riley's jobs I understand is to allocate the particular ref to a particular game and he seemingly makes it his mission to always give us the scardy cat homer ref whenever we're away at a scrappy side so we get nothing ( See Foy , Chris , QPR) 

He's on a crusade to screw us over , no wonder we got Taylor given our previous I'm certain the cowardly little prat did it on purpose .

Edited by Mark Kelly

Sir   

I hate VAR and want it gone. Didn’t want it in the first place at all. 

What were the worst VAR calls involving Chelsea this season? There were a fair few. The one that sticks in my mind was Lamela? That stamp against Spurs at the Bridge. IIRC it was absolutely a nailed on criminal challenge, yet the VAR didn’t do anything!!

Ham   
24 minutes ago, Sir said:

What were the worst VAR calls involving Chelsea this season? There were a fair few. The one that sticks in my mind was Lamela? That stamp against Spurs at the Bridge. IIRC it was absolutely a nailed on criminal challenge, yet the VAR didn’t do anything!!

Maguire studs to the groin?

Edited by Ham

24 minutes ago, Sir said:

Not true. After deciding there was no need to send him off, he changed his mind and rang the ref back and said it was a red after all. For some reason, he was allowed to stay on the pitch.