• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

VAR and Chelsea

kev61   

Var should be used for offside and whether a ball crossed the line or not that lead to a  goal and nothing more - it should be screened for all to see.

paulw66   

VAR is everything I was afraid it would be. 

Let's take Saturday......... VAR apparently saw that Tammy was fouled in the build up to their first goal, but it was "a separate phase of play" despite them going straight up the field and scoring. 

The Giroud one, the referee gave the goal, VAR decided there was enough evidence to overturn.

The Azpi non penalty, VAR decided there was not enough evidence to overturn.

So in some instances they don't overrule the referee mistake, and hide behind the phrase, "we don't want to re-referee the game", but then sometimes that is exactly what they are doing.

If on Saturday, they had not given the penalty and allowed the goal - meaning both times they went with the referee, then I could live with that. Or if they had had overruled the ref both times, and given the penalty but disallowed Zouma's goal, I could live with that. What they did was just change the argument to suit what went against us. 

And of course, Dermot Gallacher trots out and says VAR got them all right. 

9 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

And of course, Dermot Gallacher trots out and says VAR got them all right. 

It is his job.  Sky / BT pay him and Kent Walton to do that.

paulw66   
24 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Of course, his latest piece didn't even reference our non penalty, just the correct decision to overturn the Zouma goal. 

Am I right that the decision to rule out Zouma's goal is the only instance yet in which the referee's judgement has been overturned? I know the Jesus goal against Spuds was ruled out by VAR, but that was an issue of fact I.e. the ball had hit a City player's hand, which means the goal cannot stand under the new laws.

If so, that would mean that VAR is not to be used to 're-referee' games.....except when Chelsea are involved.

paulw66   
56 minutes ago, Backbiter said:

Am I right that the decision to rule out Zouma's goal is the only instance yet in which the referee's judgement has been overturned? I know the Jesus goal against Spuds was ruled out by VAR, but that was an issue of fact I.e. the ball had hit a City player's hand, which means the goal cannot stand under the new laws.

If so, that would mean that VAR is not to be used to 're-referee' games.....except when Chelsea are involved.

I believe so. Apart from offsides, which are the linesmen. 

Decisons regarding fouls / non fouls haven't been overturned, apart from ours. 

They have been waiting for VAR for many years now. Finally they have a ‘legitimate ‘ reason to justify controlling how Chelsea matches are refereed. Their full shadow agenda can now come to fruition and there is nothing anybody can do about it as they will simply trot out that VAR has spoken and cannot be disputed.

3 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Now, Kent Walton was a fine commentator but I'm not sure Jacki Pallo, Giant Haystacks, Mick McManus, Cry Baby Jim Breaks or even Kendo Nagasaki needed VAR to tell us about 2 x falls, a knockout or a submission on Saturday afternoons - "Ask 'I'm ref, ask I'm" ;-)

As for VAR, the goal-line technology is great - the rest of it they'll make up as it go's along and to whatever agenda the paymasters want.

It's not fit for purpose as the rules/guidelines are not strict enough. For example - How many 'phases of play' is too far back for VAR not to be referred to?

Edited by East Lower

Ex-Prem ref Dermot Gallagher said: “The procedure is that the referee goes first and says what he has seen. “VAR looks at the pictures and if they replicate what the referee has seen, they have got to go with the ref.”

So basically the ref makes a bad call and they will find an angle to accept that bad call and will not over rule it, even if other angles may show it to be a bad call..

Edited by exiledblue