• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

VAR and Chelsea

Jasonb   
6 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

All day long .

He cheated in a far more calculated way than CHO and CHO was booked .

It's a con and VAR is the end of football in the UK .

Agree

2 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

All day long .

He is a serial cheater, I never liked him even when he was at Southampton as he often took a dive.

VAR was supposedly brought in to stop this very thing, prevent players like that getting away with it.

It seems the most important and influential detail is the badge on the players shirt.

8 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

He is a serial cheater, I never liked him even when he was at Southampton as he often took a dive.

VAR was supposedly brought in to stop this very thing, prevent players like that getting away with it.

It seems the most important and influential detail is the badge on the players shirt.

Plus there has been a total and utter media blackout about the incident , literally nobody is talking about it except us !

9 hours ago, Jonny_CFC said:

46 minutes ago, Mark Kelly said:

Plus there has been a total and utter media blackout about the incident , literally nobody is talking about it except us !

Whether we like it or not, that is more often than not going to result in a penalty. Mane certainly makes the most of it and is way too cute for Aurier in that situation. If I was a spurs fan, my anger would be with Aurier who in his time in England, has shown himself to be a liability and he does not learn from the mistakes he makes.

If a player is trying to clear the ball out of defence and catches an opponents leg instead of the ball, then that player is going to go down and penalty awarded.

I hate them as much as anyone, but we have to apply some common sense to the discussion.

15 hours ago, Mark Kelly said:

All day long .

Certainly as a live spectacle, how can you ever celebrate with abandon any more. There are several mistakes being made with it, the Ajax goal V us was not offside  well not when the ball was actually played it wasnt but then they didn't judge it from that point. Mason Mount being offside  was also ridiculous against Liverpool, had a flag been up at that that point that was ignored fair enough. But he was facing his own goal and there were three or four passes between that and Daves shot that went in. At present Liverpool do seem to be one of the biggest beneficiaries of this mess which is irritating but you wait for their media cheerleaders when something does cost them points.

On 31/10/2019 at 7:37 AM, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Whether we like it or not, that is more often than not going to result in a penalty. Mane certainly makes the most of it and is way too cute for Aurier in that situation. If I was a spurs fan, my anger would be with Aurier who in his time in England, has shown himself to be a liability and he does not learn from the mistakes he makes.

If a player is trying to clear the ball out of defence and catches an opponents leg instead of the ball, then that player is going to go down and penalty awarded.

I hate them as much as anyone, but we have to apply some common sense to the discussion.

Except when it’s Chelsea.

Using your logic CHO would have got the penalty, but didn’t, which is exactly the point.

Apply some common sense, you say that when discussing VAR 😂 

1 hour ago, Jonny_CFC said:

Except when it’s Chelsea.

Using your logic CHO would have got the penalty, but didn’t, which is exactly the point.

Apply some common sense, you say that when discussing VAR 😂 

Different argument. I hate VAR and completely against it. Moaning about what Chelsea would or wouldn’t get us very different to trying to deny an obvious penalty.

I think CHO one was a penalty, but so was Mane one last week.

5 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Different argument. I hate VAR and completely against it. Moaning about what Chelsea would or wouldn’t get us very different to trying to deny an obvious penalty.

I think CHO one was a penalty, but so was Mane one last week.

Neither was a penalty.

Frank Lampard: Chelsea manager claims 'we're in really dangerous place' with VAR

By Alistair Magowan

Chelsea boss Frank Lampard has warned that the current use of VAR could be "dangerous" for the Premier League.

Guidance from the Premier League at the start of the season said that it would only be used for "clear and obvious" errors by on-field referees. 

But when Watford were awarded a penalty via VAR after Gerard Deulofeu was tripped by Jorginho, Lampard said he was "so, so surprised".

"We're not in a great place with it," he said after Chelsea's 2-1 win. 

"Any [decision] that takes that long means they aren't sure, so why aren't we using screens on side of pitch?

"I know [using screens] is a bit contentious, I know it could mean every fan might call for it and there might pressure on the referees. 

"But if we are saying they are grey areas and we are overturning decisions because one referee somewhere else thinks it was more of a penalty than the referee on the pitch, then I think we are in a really dangerous place. 

"You're going to be tossing a coin every week."

Watford may feel they deserved a decision in their favour after being denied a penalty, which was reviewed by VAR, in a 1-1 draw with Tottenham last month. Last weekend, VAR awarded a penalty in the Premier League for the first time, when Everton's Michael Keane was adjudged to have fouled Brighton's Aaron Connolly in a 3-2 win for the Seagulls. 

It was a decision that was widely criticised. 

After VAR overruled referee Anthony Taylor at Vicarage Road on Saturday, Lampard felt there had been a change in policy despite receiving guidance at a meeting earlier this week.

"I have to be careful but last week we saw a clear change in VAR with penalties getting overturned," Lampard said.

"I was at a managers' meeting in the week and we spoke a lot about it and the absolute consensus from managers, from referees and from the Premier League was that decisions were not going to get overturned unless they were absolutely clear and obvious or VAR saw something that the referee on the pitch didn't see. 

"[In Jorginho's case] it didn't, it nowhere near shows that. The longer it took the more worried I got and I'm so, so surprised after the meeting on Thursday to then have that decision today."

**NOTE: I also put this interview in the match day thread.

image.gif

paulw66   

A tickle on the shin pad when control of the ball has already been lost = enough to overturn the onfield referee....