• Current Donation Goals

exiledblue

VAR and Chelsea

paulw66   
9 minutes ago, Ham said:

Almost exclusively the right on field decision incorrectly overturned by VAR.  

This doesn't even take into account a number of clear crucial issues that were ignored by VAR.  You'd have to be a Chelsea fan to see just how often it happens.  

The Mane penalty was less of a penalty than the one Hudson-Odoi got booked for as there was a very clear push in the back and he went down in the same movement.  Mane dived a second or two later.  

Quite. The only time we see VAR used properly and consistently is in the CL. 

2 hours ago, Liverlad said:

If this is just a list showing the number of VAR decisions that have reversed the original decisions, then does it not suggest Chelsea are getting favourable on-field decisions?

No it shows that referees and VAR are challenging any decision the ref makes that goes Chelsea's way, and ignoring the ones against us.

1 hour ago, paulw66 said:

Quite. The only time we see VAR used properly and consistently is in the CL. 

Barca games aside, CL reffing has always been much better than PL reffing.

chara   
14 hours ago, Backbiter said:

The ref who conspired with Henry over the quick free kick (and told Eidur to retreat even though you are entitled to be less than ten yards away for a quick free kick) was the legendary Graham Poll.

Two games involving other teams when I've been staggered at the ref's bias were the notorious Man U -Arsenal game when they ended their unbeaten run (Mike Riley, the one who told Cech to get off the pitch after his skull had been caved in); and Chris Foy who let Stoke kick the shi!t out of Spurs. Both were a total disgrace of a similar degree to some of the scandals we've suffered from the likes of Poll, Dean, Foy and Clattenburg. Nothing as bad as Ovrebo, though.

Sorry..pretty sure it was Poll but didn't state it was him just in case and didn't want to look it up as I was looking at the "issue" rather than the hitman!

Thanks BB I guess proof of the pudding etc is that we all remember the real bad cases after time has passed and the routine errors we can see and accept as"part of the game" are forgotten and flushed from memory.

In the aftermath of the terrible injury at Everton I can accept the ref's over reaction as he was showing real life reaction not any agenda.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chara said:

Sorry..pretty sure it was Poll but didn't state it was him just in case and didn't want to look it up as I was looking at the "issue" rather than the hitman!

Thanks BB I guess proof of the pudding etc is that we all remember the real bad cases after time has passed and the routine errors we can see and accept as"part of the game" are forgotten and flushed from memory.

In the aftermath of the terrible injury at Everton I can accept the ref's over reaction as he was showing real life reaction not any agenda.

Ah Graham Poll, Spurs away where he dissallowed a perfectly good second goal for Chelsea and sent off JT for ?? Never did explain why but fuelled all kinds of racist conspiracy theories...and he said to Ashley Cole that he was going to teach Chelsea a lesson...ah the famed impartiality of the English refs...

chara   
5 minutes ago, fillerywhereru said:

Ah Graham Poll, Spurs away where he dissallowed a perfectly good second goal for Chelsea and sent off JT for ?? Never did explain why but fuelled all kinds of racist conspiracy theories...and he said to Ashley Cole that he was going to teach Chelsea a lesson...ah the famed impartiality of the English refs...

Proves my point about what we all remember..wasn't Poll an ex policeman?......

Even allowing for our (and every other clubs fans) absolute certainty that the ref is against we are still faced with so many well remembered injustices.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, chara said:

Even allowing for our (and every other clubs fans) absolute certainty that the ref is against we are still faced with so many well remembered injustices.

It's funny the Ajax lot are saying the same after last night...I have to say they were a touch hard done by

Jasonb   
1 hour ago, fillerywhereru said:

It's funny the Ajax lot are saying the same after last night...I have to say they were a touch hard done by

I thought the ref got the cards right though one of our 'good' goals looked off-side.

JaneB   
On 05/11/2019 at 3:19 PM, chara said:

I think that was Howard Webb Chara 🙂

asvaberg   
On 6.11.2019 at 4:50 PM, JaneB said:

I think that was Howard Webb Chara 🙂

Correct, officer with South Yorkshire Police

chara   
On ‎07‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 9:58 AM, asvaberg said:

Correct, officer with South Yorkshire Police

Belated thanks..

Watched the Wales game.....no VAR and a well officiated game with no refereeing dramas and calm from the officials and no nonsense with most fouls etc..or that's how I saw it.....an earlier post somewhere ref maybe VAR should/could be handled by non partisan European officials although will never happen..lose power?..might be a better system.

VAR allows the official(s) to orchestrate a game when it needs to be duh..officiated!!