• Current Donation Goals

Recommended Posts

 

Please use this thread for all posts relating to our Premier League match against Wolverhampton at Molineux, before, during and after the game.

The Moderators will be keeping an eye on things, so let's try to keep it intelligent.

Please note that this un-moderated forum is a privilege and its abuse will result in the suspension of your account.

The match is scheduled to kick off at 15:00, Saturday 14th September, 2019 (Local UK time/date).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   

We will need Rudiger and Kante back for this, otherwise we will struggle.

Hoping / expecting their return to make a big difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

We will need Rudiger and Kante back for this, otherwise we will struggle.

Hoping / expecting their return to make a big difference.

Lampard was saying Rudiger Kante and Pedro are expected back.  I'd like to think the first two haven't played in order to guarantee they don't get picked by their NTs for the break.

And CHO says he'll be available for Wolves.  mid-September!  I doubt he'll get much time though.  Contract and insurance on contract to be sorted out first I guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
paulw66   
37 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

Lampard was saying Rudiger Kante and Pedro are expected back.  I'd like to think the first two haven't played in order to guarantee they don't get picked by their NTs for the break.

And CHO says he'll be available for Wolves.  mid-September!  I doubt he'll get much time though.  Contract and insurance on contract to be sorted out first I guess.

Yes, forgot about Pedro......

Personally, I wouldn't select CHO until the contract is signed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Desperately need Rudiger, Kante and Pedro back for this one and could do with Willian finding some form as we need some experienced heads out there to control it a bit more.

I hope Frank changes to a 433 once the above are back, but I guess the tricky thing then becomes, what do you do with Mount? Does he play as one of the wide players in the 3? Probably not. Does he play as one of the 3 in the midfield? Most likely, but then who drops out? Personally, for me, I would drop Jorginho as I think Kovacic is showing good signs under Lampard and Kante, well, nothing is needed to be said there. I would guess that if that is the case then Kovacic plays at the base with Mount and Kante either side of him. Some big decisions to be made over the next few weeks for Mr Lampard.

Going forward, I would think the squad may take shape like this:

Kepa/Willy

Azpi/James  Rudiger/Zouma  Christensen/Tomori  Emerson/Alonso

Kante/RLC  Kovacic/Jorginho  Mount/Barkley

Pedro/Willian  Tammy/Giroud  Pulisic/CHO

 

Obviously it can change to a 4231 with Mount, Barkley or RLC playing as the 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, paulw66 said:

Yes, forgot about Pedro......

Personally, I wouldn't select CHO until the contract is signed. 

Yeah - but I feel sure that the contract can't be signed until he passes the fitness tests for the insurance company which won't happen until he is pretty much match ready.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have to go 433 here. Wolves stick to 3 at the back so they will try and take control of the midfield area and we need to be solid in there. Its probably asking a bit too much to put James in holding role first game back here and same may also apply to RB position. Either way, I think we need one of our central players to sit and hold in this type of match, it will probably have to be Jorginho.

We have numerous options to switch players around, the big one will be do we go with Apzi or look at bring James or Tomori in at RB. I would go with the following, but ifAzpi does continue to look questionable in one on ones, then this could be his last chance for a few games. 

                                                              Kepa

                     Azpilicueta     Rudiger   Christensen    Emerson

                                       Kante  Jorginho   Kovacic

                                  Willian      Abraham   Mount             

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 
 
1
30 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

I think we have to go 433 here. Wolves stick to 3 at the back so they will try and take control of the midfield area and we need to be solid in there. Its probably asking a bit too much to put James in holding role first game back here and same may also apply to RB position. Either way, I think we need one of our central players to sit and hold in this type of match, it will probably have to be Jorginho.

We have numerous options to switch players around, the big one will be do we go with Apzi or look at bring James or Tomori in at RB. I would go with the following, but ifAzpi does continue to look questionable in one on ones, then this could be his last chance for a few games. 

                                                              Kepa

                     Azpilicueta     Rudiger   Christensen    Emerson

                                       Kante  Jorginho   Kovacic

                                  Willian      Abraham   Mount             

 

 

The game following Wolves is vs Valencia in CL and then Liverpool in PL? Would be a brave time to test James out IMO. It's a very tricky period for us with some big decisions to be made. I would guess Azpi remains until the League Cup match and that's when we'll see James for the first time, then maybe Frank may consider giving him the Brighton game at home as well if he plays well and Azpi's form continues to be questionable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

The game following Wolves is vs Valencia in CL and then Liverpool in PL? Would be a brave time to test James out IMO. It's a very tricky period for us with some big decisions to be made. I would guess Azpi remains until the League Cup match and that's when we'll see James for the first time, then maybe Frank may consider giving him the Brighton game at home as well if he plays well and Azpi's form continues to be questionable.

Makes sense.

With Rudiger and Kante coming back I expect Frank won't want to change the rest of the team much for Wolves. 

So perhaps that is why Tomori and Bats got chances on Saturday with 3 and a half weeks before the LC game, their next chance to show themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now