• Current Donation Goals

3 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Told everyone before pre-season even started. This is the formation to go with. Today we have looked composed and controlled all the half, rather than running around like the keystone cops at the back, and we can still get goals. Lets see if we come out awake rather than in a coma like we normally do in the second half. 

Still hardly created anything for most of that half. Three shots on target, that must be one of the lowest numbers so far this season.

It's going to be a formation that we use occassionally, but no way will this be our go-to formation by default. I'd be hugely surprised by that. Also a bit rich claiming a "I told you so" based on 45 mins against a side where we quite clearly have switched it up to counter their strengths. 

Great half from Alonso. I've been impressed with Emerson this season and he's improved a lot, but if we continue with a 3-5-2 it has to be Alonso. A three of Rudiger-Christensen-Tomori just feels so much sturdier than a Zouma-Christensen two. 

Bison   

Every league goal this season has been scored by an academy player. The same academy players who  wouldn't have got a look in if we didn't have a transfer ban; they would almost certainly all be out on loan somewhere. Unbelievable.

JaneB   

Absolutely delighted but nervous about the second half with our history. 

What a revelation Tammy has been 😀 If you're that good you take your chance and make the most of it, and boy has he done that 💙

kev61   

Chalk and cheese in midfield  from previous debacles - not going to get carried away but the team played as a unit in that half and a word about Alonso,I always said he should be playing higher up the pitch - he can pick out a pass and it wouldn't surprise me if we play like we did in the first half he will Nick a goal

Just now, Bridge Soldier said:

Great half from Alonso. I've been impressed with Emerson this season and he's improved a lot, but if we continue with a 3-5-2 it has to be Alonso. A three of Rudiger-Christensen-Tomori just feels so much sturdier than a Zouma-Christensen two. 

We play a 343 in this game. Not a 352. 

Even if we do continue with a 343, I don't see how Alonso will automatically be ahead of Emerson. 

Willian really growing in to this game. His chance at 0-0 where he blasted over after creating the space (and should have played it across to Mount in the middle) summed up why he frustrates so many, but he's worked hard and seems to be taking control a bit more. Good signs.

kev61   
2 minutes ago, Bison said:

Every league goal this season has been scored by an academy player. The same academy players who  wouldn't have got a look in if we didn't have a transfer ban; they would almost certainly all be out on loan somewhere. Unbelievable.

Yes indeed

Just now, Bison said:

Completely agree with this. 

I've been saying for years we need to give the youngsters a proper go. Finally it's happened and just see how well they are doing. Conte had no interest, neither did Benitez or Mourinho. Sarri did better that all of the previous three, but no way would he have given Tomori, Mount, Abraham and Christensen this chance. 

Just imagine we still have James, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson-Odoi to return.