• Current Donation Goals

Ham   
23 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

In the meantime I suggest that failure to find an early sale of real talent, and failure to find a real talent who was not picked by Chelsea makes you theory a load of bollox.  

I seem to recall you criticising rude responses just a matter of days ago.

How very Droy of you. 

Edited by Ham

17 minutes ago, Droy was my hero said:

It would be perfectly fair to say that the lack of quality players in the squad has helped Mount and Abraham get time on the pitch already.
Totally unrelated to SFL though.  You might want to credit Conte, the FA or Chelsea lawyers for the err.  "youth opportunities"  though.

When a talent gets moved on early - come back and tell us.

It seems that you interpret every event by how it fits in with your theory about the club, rather than whether it happens.  We did not sell Abraham,  We did not sell CHO.  We did not sell anyone until they reached 22 or had spent a year not playing because they refused to sign a contract extension.

Find the quotes from Abraham .

In the meantime I suggest that failure to find an early sale of real talent, and failure to find a real talent who was not picked by Chelsea makes you theory a load of bollox.  

Who give a flying Fxxx about potential squad options if it means blocking up the first team with potential reserves?
If that is all you can muster, I think you need to stop blaming managers and start praising them for not missing out on real talent and winning trophies while doing it.

Oh the irony.......what was it you said......Zappacosta was only signed to appease Conte and stop him throwing his toys out of the pram..........well I believe that is what we could call your interpretation and you don't have any of this evidence that you are so keen for me to produce, to support your theory .

Some things never change eh :) I'm done getting on this merry go round with you.....been there too many times before.

Edited by LeBoeufsGolfBall

43 minutes ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

;Oh the irony.......what was it you said......Zappacosta was only signed to appease Conte and stop him throwing his toys out of the pram..........well I believe that is what we could call your interpretation and you don't have any of this evidence that you are so keen for me to produce, to support your theory .

Some things never change eh :) I'm done getting on this merry go round with you.....been there too many times before.

Well I can only imagine what you would have said had we kept Aina sitting on the sidelines as much as Zappacosta.
Still Zappacosta did sit on the sidelines.  We didn't sell Abraham.  Oh the facts oh the facts.

Jasonb   
7 hours ago, NoblyBobly said:

Some players just don't travel well do they. But I have to say, I never liked the look of him from the first moment he planted a foot on our Stamford Bridge turf. I knew I was  being unreasonable and unfair, but there was something about his demeanour that I took an instant dislike to. It could equally have gone the other way...I wasn't mad keen on Drogba when he first arrived!!

I wasn't keen on Drogba at first either, though that certainly changed.

Leo91   

Didn't Morata come off the bench on his debut and bullied Burnley defenders in a spirited fightback ? That's not the player we saw for the rest of his Chelsea stint.

Edited by Leo91

Holymoly   
7 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I was thinking yesterday, that come January, we could hypothetically start a game with James, Christensen, Tomori, RLC, Mount, Ampadu (when we cut short his loan), CHO, Gilmour and Abraham. Obviously a couple of those are a bit tenuous and you would struggle with a useable formation, but that's 9! Nine. We could end up with some really tricky decisions about whether to stick or twist next summer.

I think there will be more sticking done as long as SFL remains as manager. If things turn out well over the next couple of years I can see the FA doing a Hoddle on us again though.

9 hours ago, McCreadie said:

I was thinking yesterday, that come January, we could hypothetically start a game with James, Christensen, Tomori, RLC, Mount, Ampadu (when we cut short his loan), CHO, Gilmour and Abraham. Obviously a couple of those are a bit tenuous and you would struggle with a useable formation, but that's 9! Nine. We could end up with some really tricky decisions about whether to stick or twist next summer.

Unless it is the league cup, I see that many as unlikely. Kepa, Rudi, Kante and a combo of Jorgi/Kova and Alonso/Emerson are all first XI players. I also believe Dave probably starts in a back three when James is back. 

2 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I think there will be more sticking done as long as SFL remains as manager. If things turn out well over the next couple of years I can see the FA doing a Hoddle on us again though.

I do not think that is an issue. Club football trumps international football by a wide margin now. 

3 hours ago, Holymoly said:

Or perhaps Lampard will do a Steve McClaren on us.  

11 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Or perhaps Lampard will do a Steve McClaren on us.  

Frank is smart but I doubt he'll be able to speak fluently in Dutch in only a few months. 

• Haha 1