• Current Donation Goals

12 hours ago, King Kante said:

Unless it is the league cup, I see that many as unlikely. Kepa, Rudi, Kante and a combo of Jorgi/Kova and Alonso/Emerson are all first XI players. I also believe Dave probably starts in a back three when James is back. 

Yes, I don’t actually imagine for a second it would happen, even in the League Cup, but to even be in a position where it could happen, is pretty mad.

31 minutes ago, NoblyBobly said:

Frank is smart but I doubt he'll be able to speak fluently in Dutch in only a few months. 

What's he like with a brolly though?

Advanced issues found

18 hours ago, LeBoeufsGolfBall said:

Well quite predictable responses really. As I have said, we will not agree on this topic.

However, if you think Mount and Abraham have come through purely due to them being good enough, well frankly you are deluded. You know full well that any other manager is likely to have moved these lads on, likely on loan .

As for Abraham, it seemed very common knowledge at the time that he had a choice to make. Join Wolves in Jan on permanent deal or stay at Villa, it seems that not many were aware of this rule about 3 clubs in one season and the decision was then made for everyone. There are quotes around from Abraham on why he decided to stay at Villa in January (that was not the end of his loan from Chelsea). Just face the reality on this one, he was gone in January and that was the clubs decision.

For the record, I have never stated we have produced previous players as good as Mount or Abraham look right now. I said we have produced players potentially good enough to be good squad options as a bare minimum, but not given them a chance and often in favour of big money purchases who are given a chance and in some cases failed miserably.

Its very different to what you are portraying I have said.

1. I agree RE Tammy, I think he would have gone out on loan. However, I believe Mount would have stayed regardless because it was clear to see the talent he had when playing at Derby and midfield numbers were low this season.

2. I believe that it was Wolves on Loan in January, we weren't considering selling him.

JaneB   
15 hours ago, Holymoly said:

I think there will be more sticking done as long as SFL remains as manager. If things turn out well over the next couple of years I can see the FA doing a Hoddle on us again though.

Well it's nice that the discussion has turned to SFL leaving, not because he's not good enough but because he's become too good. 

On 15.9.2019 at 1:37 PM, Droy was my hero said:

Absolutely.  I mentioned before that according to XG - expected goals, (so on chances) Bats should have scored more than Tammy yesterday.
While it was reasonable to question whether Tammy was ready this season, I have continued to feel that he has the best chance of becoming a real Chelsea great one day.

His attitude is so great.  That header, and the tiny little tug and some how convincing the defender he was behind him just as he stepped in front to claim the header was really top top top class. 

I love to watch him in the box making clever fake movements while disguising the actual movement he will make when the ball comes in.  Everything that Morata and Giroud, both ball waiters rather than attackers, could never do.  Bats can do that (but nothing else).  Higuain clearly remembered that he could do it once.  Costa did it.

Very good spot. The fake movements from Abraham are clever Italian striker aged 32 worthy. Disguises his movements and attacks players like a Picasso painting. If you look very closely at his final goal you can even see how he twists his foot in all directions before coming at full stop and then making the defender look like prime Torres is coming at him. Exciting player for sure. 

As for the game;

I was disappointed not to see Pulisic start. Felt the game was made for him. 

Credit to Alonso for coming in and going the business after being left for cold so far. Smart player who will deliver when given the conditions to do so. He is not Ashley Cole, but he is sufficiently good at specific roles. 

Biggest worry for me is the amount of naive errors we make. Our biggest enemy is ourselves. If you are up by three do you really need to play hero ball in the most dangerous areas of the pitch? Some of our players just don’t play the game in context.  

1 hour ago, Ibn Battuta said:

Very good spot. The fake movements from Abraham are clever Italian striker aged 32 worthy. Disguises his movements and attacks players like a Picasso painting. If you look very closely at his final goal you can even see how he twists his foot in all directions before coming at full stop and then making the defender look like prime Torres is coming at him. Exciting player for sure. 

As for the game;

I was disappointed not to see Pulisic start. Felt the game was made for him. 

Credit to Alonso for coming in and going the business after being left for cold so far. Smart player who will deliver when given the conditions to do so. He is not Ashley Cole, but he is sufficiently good at specific roles. 

Biggest worry for me is the amount of naive errors we make. Our biggest enemy is ourselves. If you are up by three do you really need to play hero ball in the most dangerous areas of the pitch? Some of our players just don’t play the game in context.  

Yes, Tammy has played very well and is showing very positive signs. I said it from the outset that I am a big fan of his but was worried that as he had the hardest job of all the young players - lone CF - the situation could end up being bad for him as he could get labelled as not good enough, even though his job is never really done at a high level until someone is in their mid-20's (Drogba, Costa etc.) At this moment, I am not getting carried away as his goals have come against Norwich, Sheff Utd and a poor Wolves team, which is a level we know he can already play at. Let's see how he gets on over the next month but at this point, no one can be less than happy with him. 

As for Alonso, he is a very good player when playing WB simply because he gets involved in good attacks, which is supported by his goals and assists stats and he is better at defending set pieces than Emerson. The problem, he has is recovery running and defending against tricky wingers/his back to goal. As a result, at LB he leaves a bit to be desired but if we do switch to a 3atb system, I expect him to be a regular again. 

Pulisic I think needs more acclimatisation as he has been drifting out of games too much and is over powered to easily, which is a problem he had at Dortmund. For me, his minutes at the moment should probably be focused in the CL and LC and then try and bulk him up a little and work on his fitness for the PL.