• Current Donation Goals

3 minutes ago, blue moon said:

Same injury or a new one?

Same one. He's still not fully recovered.

Edited by charlie_sw69
spelling error

1 hour ago, blue moon said:

Same injury or a new one?

Sounds like the same injury. To me from all the thinks Frank has said about Kante recently, he's most likely played through a few injuries in recent months and the club is now giving him a rest and time to fully recover. He's had a lot of football over the last 4 years or so and probably needs to have a bit of time to let the odd tweak and minor injury heal properly.

With the injury news all confirmed, I would hope to see the following vs Wolves:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Christensen Emerson

Kovacic Jorginho Barkley

Pedro Tammy Mount

Subs: Caballero, Zouma, Alonso, Pulisic, Willian, Giroud, Batshuayi

Will be a very tricky game for us this one, Wolves will very much fancy themselves against our defence, even with Rudiger back in. Can see this being quite scoring and potentially a 2-2 or 3-2... hopefully going our way.

43 minutes ago, My Blood Is Blue said:

Sounds like the same injury. To me from all the thinks Frank has said about Kante recently, he's most likely played through a few injuries in recent months and the club is now giving him a rest and time to fully recover. He's had a lot of football over the last 4 years or so and probably needs to have a bit of time to let the odd tweak and minor injury heal properly.

Yes.  He probably wants to come back far too fast - most people can't overtrain on a come back  because they just don't have the stamina.  Kante I guess just has natural stamina.

14 hours ago, Droy was my hero said:

Yes.  He probably wants to come back far too fast - most people can't overtrain on a come back  because they just don't have the stamina.  Kante I guess just has natural stamina.

Yeah, think you're right. I imagine he's actually really difficult to manage back from an injury because of that. Good to see Frank doing the sensible thing though and looking long term rather than short term.

paulw66   

Personally not a fan of Mount and Barkley in the same team. In the 433 we need two proper wide players, eg two from Pedro, Willian, CHO and Pulisic 

I guess it will depend on fitness but have a feeling Willian starts this one

Rob B   

Even with them being at home, the main threat we need to nullify is Wolves’ counter-attack.

I would therefore expect us to set the team up accordingly. 

Things I would strongly consider (although I’m not sure if Frank will) would be Tomori at RB and Dave at LB mainly due to pace from the likes of Traore etc and Emerson being injured.

With Rudiger available, I wonder if Christensen could be utilised in midfield to give us a bit more defensive stability, and Pedro and Willian for their work rate.  

I would also leave Barkley out of this one because he has a tendency to give the ball away more than others which starts a counter, and also played both games for England.

Something like this perhaps?

Kepa

Tomori  Rudiger  Zouma  Azpi

Christensen

Kovacic   Mount          

Pedro      Abraham   Willian

Dunno, can’t work out whether this is genius or mental.  Probably the latter! 

JaneB   

Remembering Ray Wilkins today one year on.  A lovely man with such a sad story.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Holymoly   
1 hour ago, JaneB said:

Remembering Ray Wilkins today one year on.  A lovely man with such a sad story.

Yeah, well said. Happy birthday Butch.

1-1 today wolves are good team and good on the counterattack can see them taking the lead the us getting a late equaliser with a penalty Jorginho