• Current Donation Goals

Finally, back to a back 3. I said it from the outset, our defence cannot defend and our midfielders do not get goals so this has to be tried, especially as Alonso is so productive in the formation. The only shame is that we do not have Luiz who is excellent in the middle of the 3. 

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

Finally, back to a back 3. I said it from the outset, our defence cannot defend and our midfielders do not get goals so this has to be tried, especially as Alonso is so productive in the formation. The only shame is that we do not have Luiz who is excellent in the middle of the 3. 

This is to counter Wolves set-up. Would be very surprised to see this formation with any regularity. 

Sciatika   

Is it not just a 4-2-3-1 playing Rudiger RB and Azpi LB with Alonso on the left of midfield?

2 minutes ago, King Kante said:

I see the official site has interpreted that way too.  Though I really hope not.  What is the point of having all this pressing play without 3 midfielders?

If we go back to the dull (depressing even ) way that Conte's teams played, then there is at least a logic to 3 at the back.  But playing with the Panache of a Lampard team is just daft with 3 at back.  
The smart thing to do is simply play a more cautious way while sticking to 433.  

Fingers crossed that Christensen or Azpi will be in midfield (but not expecting it).

Just now, Sciatika said:

Is it not just a 4-2-3-1 playing Rudiger RB and Azpi LB with Alonso on the left of midfield?

Christensen or Azpi or Alonso - could be

3 minutes ago, The_Ghost said:

This is to counter Wolves set-up. Would be very surprised to see this formation with any regularity. 

I doubt it - SFL hasn't shown too much concern about oppo set up to date.  This would have been perfect for Man U.

Leo91   

Interesting. We needed to change something. Hopefully this is the remedy.

I read it as:

Kepa

Azpi Rudiger Tomori Alonso

Kovacic Jorginho Christensen

Willian Tammy Mount

Frank has said before Christensen is a midfield option and I think Frank realises we need more bodies in the middle of the park. I could be wrong but would be surprised to see 343.

It could also be:

Kepa

Tomori Rudiger Christensen Azpi

Kovacic Jorginho

Willian Mount Alonso

Tammy

But this would surprise me.

chelboy   

Hard to say what formation, 343 looks the obvious choice but it could be something else. Problem I have is with the wingback combination. Neither of them will run up and down all day so we may get stuck in a 523. Still not sure this sorts out the problem in midfield unless it is a 3 man midfield. I can see Wolves overrunning the midfield if it is just 2. Good to see Lamps trying things out though ,defensively something needs to change. 

Am out so won’t be able to watch any of our game today, first time in a long time I’m saying that. Tough game & would be a big, big result if we can win it! Interesting formation...

COME ON YOU CHELS!!!

Edited by Chelsea-Till-I-Die